🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Pison,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your name and your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Fortune A Community Member

I have this similar problem, I changed the name which is already changed on upwork but when I add bank, it shows the old name and therefore its a mismatch. Please any solutions.

Jonathan A Community Member

Hi, I am having trouble getting paid. 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Is the error i get, I am married wiht a joint bank account, my wife's name is listed before mine, I am imagining this is the problem.  Looking for guidance.   I am an authroized user, my name is on the checks.

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jonathan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Belal A Community Member

Im having the same problem even though my upwork name and my bank account name are the same as my government identification and it still says mismatched can someone help me please?!
it's really annoying and I had a poor experience with the upwork's chat bot assistant. I need a direct chat with someone real to solve my problem please.

Hi Hojjat and Belal,

Please allow 48 hours for our team to review the name mismatch. If any further information is needed they will reach out to you directly via support ticket.

~Andrea
Sudarshan K Community Member

kindely solve my problem my email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Sudarshan,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Abiodun O Community Member

hi! I have replied earlier but I am not sure if it went through, I am having the same issue as the subject matter. I have read the documentations, but it seems there is no means of reaching the support team, how do I contact the support team?

What do I do at this point? it is really confusing.

I have everything matching in my profile, and even withdrawn without issues in the past.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Abiodun,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Cecile C Community Member

Hi, I have a similar problem, changed my name on my account so that its identical to my PayPal account. But I still get the notification that Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Can you please assist me? Thank you

Hi Cecile,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch and reach out if there are further steps needed from your end.

~Andrea
Mohamed O Community Member

I am having the same problem please let me know what to do!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi

I have waited but it still tells me that the names missmatch, what should i do now?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that your payment method was not approved. I am pleased to inform you that our team has reviewed your request again and your payment method has been approved now. It will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

A'ang K Community Member

I have same issue, I really don't know how to figure it out. However, I already change my name they actually same but when register I using "Aang Kunaefi" but my ID and bank account "A'ang Kunaefi", so there are a single quote in the name.

Can you please take a look for my account and confirm that I already did in correct way?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello A'ang,

Thank you for your message.

Your payment method has been approved and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Hello!

I have waited for 3 days now and it still tells me that the names missmatched. What should i do?

Bendee N Community Member

i have the same issue ,how do fix this?

Bendee N Community Member

I have this Notification Saying

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

How do i fix this? Thanks in advance
Paul T Community Member

This is the message that appears on "Get Paid" section from settings.

Spoiler
Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Also, I submitted a ticket using the chat in the bottom-right corner of the support page yesterday. It informed me that the ticket had been submitted, but no new ticket appeared on the My Request page.
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Bendee and Paul,

The team will review and will have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Paul T Community Member

Hello there,

Thank you for verifying my primary bank account. I just added my additional bank account, can you help me with the verification of this one as well?

Thank you,
Paul T.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members