🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Okay.
a2861576
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried to link my PayPal Account for to withdraw some payments but Once I linked Them it said that the name was not Matched.

Altought My name on UpWork is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And for my PayPal Its **Edited for Community Guidelines**. But it still wont verify the paypal.

How could i solve this?

Thanks,

Hi Sari T, 

I am sorry to hear that you faced this inconvenience. However, there is nothing to worry about. At times it happens however, it can be solved if you get this noticed by Upwork Support and they will revert back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

Hi Sari,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
franciscoamarin
Community Member

Hello,

I recently changed the email of my Paypal account, and I did the same with my Upwork account to avoid payment issues. Then, when I tried to update my payment method with the new email of my paypal account, I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message.

I don't know why is this happening, the email and name from both my Paypal account and Upwork are the same. What can I do?

Thanks in advace.

Hi Francisco,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
keima13
Community Member

Hi my payment method saying the beneficiary name is mismatch, I'm using Paypal by the way, and I'm pretty sure that I have the same name in both

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Billy Joe,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
galimzyanov_niki
Community Member

I tried to add payment on get paid page, but unfortunately they said "name is not matched".

so I checked and found English name on upwork and Russian name on paypal

so I removed it, how should I solve this issue?

Hi Nikita,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mikhailtuanduong
Community Member

Hello Upwork.

I am adding Payment method for my agency and it shows "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". What should I do ?

Regards

Hi Mikhail,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e50515da
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my payment methods on my account, however, my bank acct & bank card are both being declined as they are under my first name but I go by (and work under) my middle name. I was hoping someone could help me with this.

Thank you!

Hi Janine,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
peterwilliams15
Community Member

I added my paypal account as a payment method to my upwork account but I received a notification of mismatched names, I don't know why this is happening because I'm quite sure the name on my upwork profile is the same with my paypal account.

Hi Peter,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmadrasha
Community Member

My paypal account has the name rasha **Edited for Community Guidelines** but still I can't connect it to my upwork account.
My upwork account: Rasha **Edited for Community Guidelines**
My paypal account: Rasha **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the gmail is (**Edited for Community Guidelines**)
I need a serious help

Hi Rasha,

Please allow up to 24h for our team to review your newly added payment method and they'll update you directly via a support ticket if they need any additional information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
48c4e9b8
Community Member

my name and my bank acount are typical but still gives me missmatch in the beneficiary name please help
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
edunaway
Community Member

Hi, I recently changed my name in Upwork to my full name, since it didn't match the one in my payment method, paypal, and I still get the notification that my payment method is deactivated because the names mismatch, when they are now the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gerardo Enrique,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
doinb-pdd
Community Member

The name on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account.

Hello, I received this email
I have updated my username, please review it for me, thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our team will review your account within the next 24 hours and update you directly if they need any additional information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I get notification about my paypal acount that "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I entered my name on Upwork in English (as in my international passport) and in Paypal i put my name in Russian, so what should i do with this situation? Help me please!

Hi Anastasiya,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
imjonos
Community Member

Hello 
I added my Bank account 
My Name is Eugeny in English
But In the Bank, my name registered as Evgeniy

So I got this:
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account

How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eugeny,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

Hello. Have the same issue. Can you or somebody assist me?

Thanks for reaching out to us, Pavel.

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5e53ea49
Community Member

Hello, 

I've just aded a payment menthod and it says "Beneficiary name is mismatched" even though they're exactly the same. I have previously used a nickname when i first reated this account but i have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zakaria,

It can take up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you once they complete the process.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5e53ea49
Community Member

Hello, 

It's been a little bit more than 24 hours and the beneficiary mismatch message is still showing. I think my account is still under my old Nickname (even though i've already changed it) because on the object of the email received upon adding the payment method, it says "Payment method was added to Zak Zak". Zak Zak being my previously used nickname.

Hoping that this will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Zakaria.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zakaria,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
michael_morcos
Community Member

What can I do for this step.

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ed540de1
Community Member

Hi

I have created an account with the Name of 'Sangeeta' and i do not use Last name in my any Government issued Identity cards. So, my each ID contains only my First Name and the same is used in my bank account.

In your website, Last name is mandatory. So, when i try to add the bank account it says "Your bank account is deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
Please help me in this, so i can get paid for my work.

Thanks
Sangeeta

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sangeeta,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch.

They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sahuvikash_anand
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I have already submitted my ID and Bank Statement
It's also shows varified, but still this above message is coming in Get Paid Secyion.

Plese suggest me how to solve.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members