🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

362 REPLIES 362

Hi Nawabzada,

Those are Connects that were awarded to you for interviewing with an established client on Upwork. Just for clarity, we no longer award free Connects for every interview won or disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases You can check out this Product Update for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8a684d34
Community Member

thanks for response 

a2d5aeaf
Community Member

Hello,
My name is Sanjida Afrin a new member of the upwork family. According to upwork rules, if any new members are intrevied by clients ,he/she wins a number of connect. Recently, I interviewed a valuable clients but I did not get any reward connect from Upwork.
As I am new at Upwork, I have limited connects and can't apply for any job.

Best Regards,
Sanjida Afrin

Hi Sanjida,

Please allow the Connects to be automatically credited to your account within 24 to 48 hours. If it is still not showing in your account, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc6511cc
Community Member

Thanks for your masses 

I could learn about this matter.

84e39a5a
Community Member

Hello.

When the job was canceled, what happens to the bids I have placed to it?
In some case they refunded to me, but most of case they didn't refund.
Can they be refunded to me?
Please inform me about this.

If the job is closed by the client, or it violates the Terms of Service as decided by Upwork, then your connects will be returned. In addition, with some interviews, you will have returned connects. Upwork can't tell the formula, because 70% of the freelancers would be cheating.

55cc42a2
Community Member

after I applied for the job and received an interview did I get my contact back?

Hi Nahom, if you are talking about connects, you don't receive them back anymore after getting interviews.

what about getting an offer from client

99f7c699
Community Member

Hello Upwork team.I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.

I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,

Hi Abdullah,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Joanne
Upwork
55cc42a2
Community Member

but now there is no upwork skill certification  

dora321
Community Member

Hello, 

I got awarded connect and refunded connects for the awarded connects for a job that I successfully got an offer and a job that I only sent proposal (no interview). 

I wonder how it works?

Hi Nhu Quynh,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3d50ac0c
Community Member

Upwork doesnt refund me my connects yet.

They sent me an email 3 jobs were removed.

So it would b refunded withint 24hrs. But never refunded yet.

What the hell is that.

And no available email address i can send to.

i need 12 connects back

3d50ac0c_0-1710659634458.png

Yeah I noticed sometimes too...they are not refunding connects, may be they have different formulas but in bid section they written about when we will get refund of connects, And you can try support section of Upwork via chat!

The screen shot shows you've received the connects back.

Sometime it's not reflect on account when we are going to submit proposal 

db801079
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I am writing to ask for your support. Recently, I applied for a job post, here is the proposal's link: https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1764506677825576961 

After a month, I got a response from the client as below:

Screenshot 2024-03-18 114219.png

I understand that the client has hired someone else and the job is closed but I believe I deserve a Connects refund for my application as I successfully got a response from the client. However, it has been days and I haven't received any Connects back.

Hope to have your support, thanks and regards,

Kieu Truong.

b153785e
Community Member

I have submitted proposals so many jobs. But when the client reviewed my proposal and did not respond to me my connect not refunded.

Can anyone tell me why?

You only get connects back in case of closed and cancelled jobs.

8a684d34
Community Member

i havent received connects back after the job cancellation can anyone tell me why ?

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Hello, I got an interview about 4 days ago but still cannot see the returned connects. Is this normal? Thanks for any advice 

Yes. It is no more returning. Sometimes random as bonus.

1890c2d5
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

First, I won 2 interviews but got no refund for my connects.

Then, instead of the refund I got a message from you which says "You've unlocked a new badge!"

I propose to  exchange a new badge for  my connects.

Thank you,

Evgenia.

Has the rules changed? Last I checked, you only get your connects back if the job you applied for goes against Upwork's Tos and was removed.

Hi Evgenia,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. For more information, please see this Product Update

To clarify, what you earned is a Community badge; these are not displayed on your Upwork profile. They are a way to celebrate and encourage your engagement and activity within the Community.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf740048
Community Member

Hello,

A week ago, I sent a proposal for a job and eventually got hired for it. However, I still haven't received the Connects award for it. Am I not supposed to receive a Connects refund for that, or am I missing something?. Cuz in earlier job I received the same for being hired.

Thanks,
Tatsav

Hi Tatsav,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. For more information, please see this Product Update

~ Joanne
Upwork
mahadir46
Community Member

Hi Everyone,
         I won the interview. The client only responded to my proposal. But my connects are not refunded. Please tell me the reasions.

Thank you

Hi Mahadir,

Please be aware that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eb9e281c
Community Member

Hi.. i ve created account for more 48 hours, but i just received 10 connects, instead 50 connects (as your mentioned on term&condition). what happened with my account? can you descibe clearly?

Hi Hanifah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
596fe5c3
Community Member

Hi sir ,how are you? My jobs had closed but I didn't  get back my Connects  could you help me? Thanks 

Hi Mohamed,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
596fe5c3
Community Member

But the jobs are closed and i still don't have my Connects back 

b82f2902
Community Member

Hi team, 8 days ago I won a proposal but still haven't received the connects for it. Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi Melvin,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

Please visit this Product Update for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
72e78dfb
Community Member

Hi!

I got an interviewed around 40 hours ago for 1 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I did not back any connects still now .  As per i know connect will reward after intervirewed . Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thank

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members