Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Used ID change to match gender name change

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
71 of 90

Hi Mae,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for your name and ID verification concern. I will follow up with the team and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
02d0d362
Lazarus T Member Since: Oct 15, 2020
72 of 90

I'm a transgender freelancer and I'd also like to use my preferred name as much as possible with clients. Thank you for any help you can provide!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
73 of 90

Hi Lazarus,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
philipballew
Phylis B Member Since: Feb 8, 2018
74 of 90

I have recently changed my name and gender, (male to a female). My current user id is my old name. Now that I am no longer that name, but I am a new name, is it possible to change the user id to "my new name" instead of the current "dead name"? I do not believe it would be appropriate for transgender women to have their old name as their user id.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
75 of 90

Hi Philip,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
lokiofasgard
Isaac G Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
76 of 90

I am also transgender and would like to change my name to a preferred name.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
77 of 90

Hi there,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
jktyler
JKalin T Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
78 of 90

I am also having this problem. I have talked to more than one person, had an ID upload and a webcam verification in the past - and now my accout is locked. I have clients waiting on me to accept proposals and I have an interview tomorrow. I'm tired of having the conversation with my clients about what name to call me and why. It's not a conversation I like to have that often with people I just meet...

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
79 of 90

Hi JKalin,

I checked and it looks like you already have two tickets regarding your request to update your name. I followed up with the team and one of our team members will update you directly on your ticket to assist you further. 

-Joanne
Untitled
jktyler
JKalin T Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
80 of 90
Thanks, but that's what's frustrating. Customer service says something
different than what the system does. I got a no from the system, then a yes
from customer service, then an email no, then I got a yes day before
yesterday but today my account was locked. Hopefully, this will get
resolved before my interview tomorrow.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS