🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The customer with a fixed price contract did ...
Page options
nihatuysal
Community Member

The customer with a fixed price contract did not make a payment and ended the contract.

Hi everyone, first of all, I had a fixed price contract with my customer, I did the job as he wanted, then he said he was going on vacation and I said I want to pay, then 1 more week passed and he finished the contract without paying, what should I do please help, I am very bad.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nihat U wrote:

I mean I can either agree or dispute the request for the return of the excrow funds 

At the moment the money is in Escrow, If you had a request to return the escrow funds (did you?) then you can agree to that request and the escrow funds go back to the client.

If you dispute, there will be a dispute mediation to try and find a solution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

If you had submitted the work correctly via the "Submit for payment" function on the contract, you would have been paid automatically 14 days later. If the job was fixed rate and funded, Now the client ended the contract you should either get the money or a request to return the escrow funds. If there is a request to return the escrow funds, you can either agree or dispute the request for the return of the excrow funds.

If I do this, will it pay my fee?

Nihat U wrote:

If I do this, will it pay my fee?

If you do what?

Viacheslav K wrote: All you can do is learn your lesson, don't start working if the project didn't get funded, and move on.

There is no such thing with a fixed rate contract. It is impossible to create a fixed rate contract without funding the first milestone. So there WILL have been money in escrow (if it was really a fixed rate contract)

I mean I can either agree or dispute the request for the return of the excrow funds 

Nihat U wrote:

At the moment the money is in Escrow, If you had a request to return the escrow funds (did you?) then you can agree to that request and the escrow funds go back to the client.

If you dispute, there will be a dispute mediation to try and find a solution.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Nihat U wrote:

Hi everyone, first of all, I had a fixed price contract with my customer, I did the job as he wanted, then he said he was going on vacation and I said I want to pay, then 1 more week passed and he finished the contract without paying, what should I do please help, I am very bad.

Upwork has a system in place, where the client puts the budget under an escrow and releases it when the freelancer finished the job.

If you finished the job without that and trusted a complete stranger on the internet that they will pay you - they can just vanish and never pay.

All you can do is learn your lesson, don't start working if the project didn't get funded, and move on.

There is surely a way, we already agreed on the price because UPWORK has the contract to know it. then we don't trust anyone, how are we going to earn money?

As there are advantageous and dishonest clients, there are honest one. Tilt your balance in favor of the second ones.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members