cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS screenshots not working right with Upwork app after recent update, macOS Mojave and Catalina

shekay
Shekay H Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
251 of 271

I just got a new MAC book pro...No matter what I have done Upwork still not an option under screen recording. Please help.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 8.51.23 PM.png

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
252 of 271

Hi Shekay, 

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
shedy3
Viktor M Member Since: Nov 22, 2020
253 of 271

Hello, I installed the latest version of upwork app, but screenshot doesn't work (it takes a shot of the upwork app on my wallpaper, so I have many identical screenshots). I've read other threads, tried some instructions, but it seems its a new bug for a new macOS version. Also, no matter what I have done Upwork still not an option under screen recording in security and privacy section. Please help.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
254 of 271

Hi Viktor,

You mentioned using the instructions found here in the Community. Could you please confirm if you tried using the steps Valeria shared in this post? If the problem persists after trying those steps, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shedy3
Viktor M Member Since: Nov 22, 2020
255 of 271
Hello Smiley Happy
Yes, I tried exactly this instruction.
Unfortunately I cannot go further than step 3 (Install the Upwork Desktop app version from this link)
I tried to run old version of upwork application (from the Valeria post link) and it didn't start (I seen only the icon in dock bar, but the app didn't started)
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
256 of 271

Hi Viktor,

In that case, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
viktor_sch
Viktor S Member Since: Jan 7, 2021
257 of 271

Hvae you checked Accessability category?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 10.40.25 PM.png

ipaulmax
Pavel M Member Since: Feb 26, 2020
258 of 271

It works

julie_marcus
Julie M Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
259 of 271

I've tried to search for this with no luck.  I am trying to clock my hours for a project and the upwork app is only taking a screen shot of my background on my desktop, not the apps I'm working in.  I'm using a macbook and an extra monitor which is mirroring my laptop.  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix?  Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
260 of 271

Hi Julie,

Could you please try using the steps Valeria shared in this post? If the problem persists after trying those steps, please let us know so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS