🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
ebf72b95
Community Member

Excelente recomendación Andrea muchas gracias.

celgins
Community Member

Hola Dilenia.

Parece que eres nuevo en Upwork. Asegúrese de que su perfil esté completo al 100% antes de postularse para los trabajos. Como mínimo, debe leer estos:

También... haz clic en el enlace de la Academia pasar por los Cursos y Learning Paths. Después de aprender más sobre Upwork, todo será mucho más claro.

furqanjaved503
Community Member

Please can you review my profile 

Furqan,

That is a good-looking suit! But you are too far away in your photo. Your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Also, your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

58868a05
Community Member

Please, I'm interested in learning more about upwork, I'm really having little difficulty setting up everything I ought to. I'd be glad if you help. 

celgins
Community Member

De,

There are several things in your profile you need to work on. For example, your title includes too many irrelevant words. It appears that you are into content marketing, so your title should reflect that and relevant skills. Something like: Content Marketer | Social Media Marketing | SEO/SMM.

You should also revise your overview/summary to focus on the client's needs. While clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Next, you should add more items to your portfolio. Clients will expect to see more work and product examples from a social media marketer. Maybe you could add a few Facebook ad campaign screenshots, a CRM screenshot, email campaign screenshot, etc.

Also, there are probably a few more skills categories you can add to your skills list. For example, you can add: Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills to help match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Since you are quite new to Upwork, you want to make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork marketplace and freelancing, things will be much clearer.

Good luck!

helensenerath
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the information. I am new to Upwork and I couldnt get any jobs for a long time.

Also, my profile was set to " private" even I applied for new projects.

The only option to get rid of profile visibility from "private" is to upgrade my freelancer plan, which is not easy without any jobs for the moment. 

Please let me know how to improve my profile. (https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0190fd0c2a6b249080?viewMode=1)

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,

Your profile has been reset and the visibility is set to Public now. I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started. Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e638bec2
Community Member

Hi

Please Visit My Profile.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Md Abdul,

I provided a little feedback in response to your post above. Basically, it looks like you should read through a few Upwork articles and maybe go through the Upwork Courses and Learning Paths to get a better idea on how to complete your profile. Your profile is not bad, but needs some improvements.

e31a01cb
Community Member

Hello, can you help me review my information to determine what content might be important for my clients to know? 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Yufeng,

Welcome to Upwork.

I reviewed your profile and it looks like you are new to Upwork. The first thing I noticed is your title. Your title is fine, but you should capitalize each word and maybe add more specifics. For example: Chinese-English Translation Instructor.

You should also revise your overview/summary to focus on the client's needs. You have good information about your experience and skills, but you should talk about how these skills will help prospective clients. A client expects to read about some of your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Since you are new to Upwork, you should make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork marketplace and freelancing, things will be much clearer.

ak_sourov
Community Member

Hello,

I'm struggling with Upwork maybe it's almost 1 year but I can't do well.

You Experience Guys Plz Check and rate my profile.

And Plz Give Me Your Valuable Advice.

Thank You

Hello Ak,

Your profile looks good. I do not see any huge issues:

• Profile is 100% complete.

• Your JSS is 100% which is great.

• Your Title is good.

• Overview/Summary is good. However, you should remove the phrase: "Hello, You are most welcome in Upwork" and your name: "I am Sourov." Clients can see your name on your profile, so you don't want to waste space introducing yourself.

• Your Work History is great.

• Your Portfolio has several attractive designs with skills and descriptions, so this is very good.

• You have highly relevant Skills selected. You have a Certification listed. You have an Employment History added.

Keep applying to jobs by writing great cover letters. Make sure you customized your cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Thank You So Much For Your Feedback.

fe95ae00
Community Member

Good afternoon, pls i am new

celgins
Community Member

Peter,

Welcome to Upwork.

You have made a good start to your profile, but here are a few suggestions to improve it:

Overview/Summary: Your summary reads like a résumé. You are a freelancer, so your summary should be written in a way that promotes a business-to-business relationship, not an employee-to-employer relationship. Remove the CAREER OBJECTIVE and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTE content, and talk about how a skilled Computer Analyst can help prospective clients meet their needs.

While clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Portfolio: Be sure to create a portfolio. Clients will expect to see examples of your work. You could add examples of data analytics (i.e., Excel spreadsheet, worksheets, etc.), a before-and-after snapshot of a formatted document, screenshots from other data/info analysis tools like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I have checked that there are very less, almost equal to Zero Hires & Oppurtunities in the Engineering Freelancer's Profile.

Does Engineering Freelancers in upwork have no scopes of doing online Virtual Work? 

Are we all wasting our's time, money & energy?

In upwork by:-

(1) Presenting our's Profile

(2) Bidding

Kindly, go through my Profile & let me know my mistakes doing the above (1) & (2).

Waiting for your's Suggestions, Advices & Ideas.

Regards

celgins
Community Member

Hi Romel,

I reviewed your profile and everything looks good. But I think you should revise your overview/summary. Your summary has good skill and background information, but you want to focus on a prospective client's needs. While clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. And, the first two lines are important because the client sees these lines first when viewing your profile in search results.

I suggest you rewite your summary by making it more client-focused. Also, add some spacing and lists to make it easier to read. For example:

I am a versatile and successful Electrical & Electronics Engineer with 10+ years of experience providing design/build services the manufacturing industrial sector. I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Automation (PGDIA) and worked as an experienced Project Engineer in the electrical and electronics manufacturing industries.

As a skilled project and application engineer in Industrial Automation, Process Automation & Building Automation Departments, I help businesses integrated a variety of systems using PLCs, SCADA, HMI, machine vision systems and various field instruments.

---------------Specialties------------------
✦ PLC, HMI or, MMI
✦ DCS
✦ RTU & SCADA
✦ Design, Programming, Installation, Commissioning & Testing in Ladder Logic Diagram Program
✦ Functional Block Diagram (FBD) and SCRIPT
✦ Project Management
✦ Wonderware
✦ Control Logic

--------------How does this help your business?------------
✔ Develop controls solutions and controls enhancements to increase efficiency and quality in industrial automation, process automation, and building automation
✔ Design, select, program and manage automation equipment used to improve the existing systems.
✔ Identify weak areas in production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means

✔ Optimize and improve human machine interfaces and SCADA systems
✔ Implement and maintain quality control procedures (data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting)
✔ Improve equipment safety standards and integrate those standards into industrial equipment
✔ Ensure 24/7 controls engineering coverage and provide on-call support

(... add more or remove any that do not apply to you)

Let’s discuss your business needs and how I can help. I'm available to meet here on an Upwork Zoom call to review your requirements.

Everything else looks good.

With regards to hiring o Upwork, thousands and thousands of freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job:

1) Acknowledge the job you are applying for

2) Highlight your qualifications

3) Explain how you will solve their problem

4) Request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Good luck!

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Clark

I read your's wonderful message. I will definitely revise my Overview or, the Summary.

Incidentally, Thank you so much for taking up your's precious time & Creating a Wonderful Client Focussed Summary, for me. 

Let me revise my Summary, by following up your's Wonderful Advices & Suggestions. I am really encouraged by your's sentences, in which you mentioned that even the Top Rated & Top Rated Plus are also struggling to get Acknowledged.

Let me follow your's steps.

I will revert back to you for more of your's Precious Advices & Suggestions.

Best Regards

Romel Roy

kibriamorshedul7
Community Member

my profile visibility is not set to “Private”. I do not get any job on Upwork. please I want to need your help, thanks

Morshedul,

Your profile is no longer set to private; I can see it and I reviewed it.

There are several things you need to work on. Your title is okay, but you should capitalize each word and ensure it is focus on skills or occupations. For example:Data Entry Expert | Copy/Paste | Lead Generation.

You should also add more skills categories to your skills list and add a portfolio. The biggest reason to add relevant skills is so that prospective clients can find you when searching for freelancers with your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with jobs. The portfolio will help clients visualize the data entry, lead generation and other tasks you have experience with.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, things will be much clearer.

mukili
Community Member

Hello,

I am struggling to get work on upwork please review my profile to know if I made a mistake on my profile feel free to correct me.

regards,

Derrick Mukili

celgins
Community Member

Hello Derrick,

I looked through your profile and everything looks good. There are no mistakes in it.

Many freelancers are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

You are on the right track; you will eventually win some.

Good luck!

mukili
Community Member

Thank you Clark

12821b8f
Community Member

Hello. Can I Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers?

celgins
Community Member

Hello Roman,

You have had good success here on Upwork and that is great!

I reviewed your profile and everything looks good. The only suggestions I have are about your Hourly rate and Overview/Summary.

Hourly Rate: I think the hourly rate for your main profile and both specialized profiles are too low. Video editing and motion graphics experience and skills are coveted, and your hourly rate should mirror that. Also, you are Top-Rated, with a 100% JSS, and those should be considered too.

I think your experience and your success on Upwork says you are worth more than your current rate ($15.00/hr.). There is no reason why your rate should not be in the range of other Top-Rated Ukrainian video editors/motion graphic designers ($25.00/hr. - $50.00/hr.) Good clients appreciate quality video editing and most will pay for it.

Overview/Summary: Your summary has good information, but it is really short. I think clients want more substance and information about your skills/qualifications, and how you can help them meet their needs. Also, don't be afraid to mention your Upwork success early. The first two lines of your summary are important because clients see these two lines when searching for video editors. I suggest you revise your summary by talking about your success, adding some spacing, using lists, and staying focused on the prospective client. Maybe something like:

💎 Top-Rated Freelancer

💎 100% Job Success

💎 Quick Turnaround

💎 YouTube Video Editor | Motion Graphics (Instagram, Tik-Tok Reels)

With my skills, I can help grow your YouTube channel, create interesting advertising on Facebook, attractive Tik-Tok, and Instagram reels, save the emotions of your video, and create a dynamic video including motion graphics.

For the past 6 years, I have worked as a dynamic video editor and motion graphics designer, which has allowed me to acquire extraordinary skills and techniques to help businesses promote their products.

✦✦✦✦✦✦ How does this benefit you? ✦✦✦✦✦✦

My clients have been amazed with the results of my work; especially their Facebook, IG and Tik-Tok reels where I visualize, design and develop stunning videos with high-quality motion graphics. I am only successful when I create memorable videos and graphics that improve your brand identity, generate leads, and increase your sales.

✦✦✦✦✦✦  Highly experienced in: ✦✦✦✦✦✦

✔ Adobe Premiere Pro

✔ Adobe After Effects

✔ Adobe Audition

✔ PluralEyes

✔ Adobe Photoshop

Ready to get started?

Let’s discuss your YouTube or other video needs and how I can help! I'm available to meet here on an Upwork Zoom call to review your project.

Everything else in your profile looks good.

Just keep applying to jobs by writing great cover letters!

Good luck!

12821b8f
Community Member

Clark thank you so much for your feedback)

b2b588ad
Community Member

Hello from Istanbul, Türkiye.
I am a 4th year industrial engineering students who is about to graduate soon. I'd like to get profile feedbacks from you as more experienced freelancers. I'd love to work as a freelancer for the first time over here. I have work experience in textile (in manufacturing) and chemistry (in management).

I design presentations that are unique and tailored to the specific needs of each of my clients.

I am a resume/cover letter writer.

I have translated an English play into Turkish, have some short plays, plays, stories, over 200 poems.

Kind Regards,

Alper B. K.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Alper Bora,

I reviewed your profile and you have made a great start. You should add more examples of CVs, resumes and cover letters to your portfolio. This will help prospective clients get a better idea of your style. You could add sample resumes and/or cover letters for an engineering, administration or financial professional.

Also, you may want to review How To Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs when you are ready to begin submitting bids for jobs.

And, don't forget to click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths, if you haven't already. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, you will better understand how to move forward.

Good luck with school and on Upwork!

b2b588ad
Community Member

Thank you so much Clark, have a lovely day!

15fdcf6b
Community Member

Hello Maam, 

Could you please check my profile, i was working in 2022 now i want to start working again as a freelancer how can i polish my profile. i am graphic designer also a very good knowledge in video editing and animation.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Muhammad Sikandar,

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. The moderators provide valuable information to freelancers and moderate the Forums, but they do not provide profile reviews.

There are many thousands of graphic designers here on Upwork, so competition is really high.

I looked through your profile and it looks good. I suggest changing the first few sentences in your overview/summary. The first two lines are important because the client sees this when searching and you want to provide interesting information that convinces them to read your entire profile. You can keep the Behance link there if you want, but I think most clients want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Everything looks fine. Just keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

Good luck!

a825231c
Community Member

Good Day Mr. Clark,

Can you assist in review my profile if it is okay.

Thanks.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Godbless,

Yes, I can.

You have a good start to your profile, but here are some suggestions to improve it:

Title: Your title is good.

Overview/Summary: Your summary is good, but you should add more information. You do a good job of focusing on the client and that is always a good thing. I suggest adding more information about your skills/qualifications like: How long have you been doing graphic design? What other skills have contributed to your success as a graphic designer? What other tools do you use besides Photoshop and CorelDraw?

You should also give the potential client more reasons to reach out to you; you want to convince them that you are the best freelancer for the job. For example:

I am a diligent and highly creative Graphic Designer with 7 years of experience developing vivid images and designs for my clients. I love to work with creative projects and my goal is to help my clients bring their visions to reality by designing colorful, attractive graphics within their budgets.

I specialze in creating graphics and images that effectively project your brand to your customers. I use my visual creative to help small and big business stand out among their competitors. I accomplish this by creating and enabling an environment where my client and I discuss each project to ensure they are 100% satisfied with the final product.

My goal is to help bring your visions to reality by developing colorful, bold, eye-catching designs. Here is a quick overview of the graphics design services I provide to my clients:

➔ ➔  Why choose me?

✶ Full-Time Freelancer

✶ Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
✶ Professional Graphic With 7 Years of Experience
✶ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
✶ High-Quality Graphics and Designs
✶ On-Time Delivery

➔  ➔  How does this benefit you?

Highly organized and skilled in writing and verbal communication
✔ Focused on timeliness and quality.
✔ Strong organizational skills with proven success managing multiple projects
✔ Well rounded and professional team player

➔➔ Tools I use:

✎ Photoshop

✎CorelDRAW

(...list more here)

Regardless of the size of your company or your goals, my mission is to deliver the highest quality designs that promote your product or business.

Let's talk! I'm available for a video call through Upwork Zoom to discuss your projects and how I can help you.

Portfolio: Your portfolio has good items, but you should add three or four more. Clients will expect a graphic designer to have plenty of items to showcase their talents. Also, add skills categories for each of your portfolio items.

Skills: You have three good skills categories listed, but you should add more. The biggest reason to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categorices is so that prospective clients can find you when searching for freelancers with your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with jobs. For example, you can add Adobe Photoshop, CorelDRAW, Flyer Design, etc.

Since you are new to Upwork, be sure to read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, things will be much clearer.

Good luck!

dorothyap
Community Member

Hey, Andrea and the whole community! I have a closed account in Upwork (with client feedback already) so I created a new account. Since then I haven't had any freelancing project.

Can you please check my profile and give me a feedback? 

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome back!

I looked through your profile and I have some suggestions.

Title: Your title is okay, but I think it may need to be more focused on a specific area. Social media management and copywriting are not necessarily related, so I think it could be confusing to clients. If your specialty is social media marketing and management, maybe your title could be: Social Media Manager | Content Creation or Social Media Manager | Social Media Marketing and Optimization. If you prefer to use a writer's role in your title, maybe it could be focused like: Social Media Manager | Digital Content Writer.

Overview/Summary: Your summary tells a good story, but it's not something clients want to hear. Think of clients as having very short attention-spans; they rarely want to read more than a few paragraphs and they only want to know what you can do for them. You should revise your summary to focus on the client's needs. Clients expect to hear a little about your skills and qualifications, but what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. The first two lines of your summary are important because the client sees this when searching. You want to provide interesting, impactful information that convinces them to read your entire profile.

Portfolio:  You should provide a portfolio and include items to showcase your skills. You can add things like social media management screenshots, ad campaigns, lead generation snapshots, etc.

Skills: You have good skills listed. I think you should add a few more relevant skills like Social Media Marketing, Content Creation, Social Media Content Creator, etc. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories to help match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

After you make these minor updates, you can come back here and ask other freelancers to check your profile again. Then, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project. For more tips on cover letters, read through Upwork's best practices on How To Write a Cover Letter.

d7162fe3
Community Member

Hi! can you review my profile? Thank you!

celgins
Community Member

Hi Riorose,

Welcome to Upwork.

As a virtual assistant, there is a lot of competition on Upwork, so you want to make sure your profile stands out. The biggest way to do this is to create an overview/summary that convinces prospective clients that you are their best option.

I like the first few lines of your summary, but there should be more content in your summary and it should focus on how you can help the client meet their needs. I would revise your summary to include more of your skills/qualifications and how those skills will benefit the client. For example:

Are you stuck managing mundane tasks like data entry, file maintenance, and scheduling when you should be focusing on the bigger picture? I am a Virtual Assistant with _____ years of experience helping businesses meet their deadlines by preparing and managing their data and documentation.

I am the current Multimedia Editor and Sports Editor for Facebook page of Tarlac State University - The Blaze (7.3 k total followers) and review and publish content for the publication. I am also an optometric assistant providing customer-service assistance and record-keeping for a busy optometrist.

I am well-organized, focused, resourceful, and have a genuine interest in helping customers by meeting their needs. I have been highly successful due to my reliability, professionalism, and dedication to customer-service. I use a combination of research, analytics, and development to provide businesses with great virtual administrative services.

-----------Why choose me over other freelancers?-----------

✔ Accomplished Reviewer and Editor

✔ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
✔ Exceptional Quality of Services
✔ On-Time Delivery

✔ Experienced Public Speaker (Often invited to speak for various seminars in Campus Journalism)

-------------What services do I provide?-------------

✎ Editing & Proofreading

✎ Social Media Advertising and Management

✎ Email & Calendar Management
✎ Appointment Scheduling
✎ Essay Writing
✎ Sports Journalism
✎ Customer Relationship Management (CRM)

✎ Virtual Assistance

-------------What skills/strengths do I bring?-------------

✦ Proficient in performing administrative tasks

✦ Experienced in Office Software

✦ Proficient in customer-service support

✦ Highly organized and skilled in writing and verbal communication
✦ Focused on timeliness and quality

I'm available for a video call through Upwork to discuss your projects and how I can help you. Let's talk!

You should also add more skills categories to your skills list if they are relevant to your work and add a portfolio to showcase your skills.

Since you are new to Upwork, you want to make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

Good luck!

hamadrehman
Community Member

Appreciate if you would have a look at my profile as I am getting almost no views on my proposals, jobs are already scarce these days and I have to spend a lot on connects given the dollar rate in my country. 

I believe good things take time and effort, but a liitle peak into my profile and a few suggestions would help me immensely.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths