Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Approval of my profile

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
901 of 2,552

Michele K wrote:

Hello,

i signed up to upwork and created a profile 3 days ago. When i wanted to see if the profile is approved, it still says: If your profile is approved, it will become to the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

How long does it take to approve the profile? I read that it usually just take 12h to activate the profile..

Thanks for your help,

Michele

The majority of profiles are rejected, so at least at this point yours is not rejected yet.

By the way: It is most unlikely that you are a transcriptor

You likely mean transcriptionist / transcriber.

Your profile would stand a better chance if it was complete - there is no portfolio, there is no relevant (or any) employment history and it is quite unclear what your translation / transcription experience actually is.

Speaking 2 or more languages doesn't make someone a translator any more than owning a scalpel makes someone a surgeon...

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
902 of 2,552

Hi Michele,

We apologize for the delay. Your profile review is still being processed. You will receive an update once the process is completed. Thank you for your patience.

-Joanne
Untitled
Dusan N Member Since: Jan 19, 2018
903 of 2,552

Hi there,

I know it's another thread about profile approval, but I just need to ask. Smiley Happy

I haven't got any notification about profile acceptance or rejection, but I was able to make proposals.
Intuitively, I guess it's approved, but since I'm not quite sure about that, it would be nice if someone help me with some informations.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
904 of 2,552

Hi Dusan,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Please check out this thread to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Lya C Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
905 of 2,552

Hi,

I sent my application for review over 3 days ago. I still haven't gotten any update on the review. I've read it shouldn't take a lot over 24 hours. Is there a problem with my application?

Thanks in advance,
Lya

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
906 of 2,552

Hi Lya,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lya C Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
907 of 2,552

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I have clicked repeatedly on "Review application" after filling it out. I fill out every field. When I click, however, it merely refreshes the page and deletes my city, for some reason, but it does not show any error. What do I do if it doesn't even allow for me to send the application for review?

Regards,
Lya

Highlighted
908 of 2,552

Hi Lya,

I have escalated your concern to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sally A Member Since: Jan 21, 2019
909 of 2,552

When filling out my profile for Upwork, it asks for the live in which I live. I type it and pick it from the list on the drop down menu. I find it and click on it but it is still being rejected. Ideas?

910 of 2,552

Hi Sally,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS