🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Hi I would like to know if my account is ...
Page options
Melissa R Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Mehdi,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Mehdi J Community Member

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I had to change again the city i live in and it worked now, thank you anyway

Albenis K Community Member

What does this mean ? I send an profile approval yesterday and today upwork displays this message on my homepage 

Capture.JPG

how to check i  my profile is approved?
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Albenis,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Michael M Community Member

I have added all necessary information into my profile 5 times now and continuously am getting an error message when attempting to submit my profile for approval? I need to get this approved asap.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Mishael,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please make sure to complete all the information required under the application form. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I cleared my Cache and Cookies. Tried again and did the same thing on a new
browser.
Same issue on both

Hi Michael, 

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message with us so that we can assist you accordingly? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have input all the information required to make a profile, yet when I try to submit my information I am getting an error message. I have tried it 10 times now.

Abbygael D Community Member

I just recently created an account and cannot see whether it was approved or not.

Hi Abbygael,

Your profile is accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Shailesh S Community Member

I have submitted my Upwork account and **Edited for Community Guidelines** is my Upwork mail. Kindly confirmed this account is approved or not.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shailesh,

I checked the email you shared, and I was unable to locate an account associated with it. Could you please send me a PM with the correct account that you want us to check? Please click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Sia N Community Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
want to know my profile is live?
Sia N Community Member

Re: want to know my profile is live?

Hi Sia,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Wedisa S Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to know if my profile has been approved. Hoping for your immediate response.

Thank you.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Wedisa,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Michael K Community Member

Hello, I received the email that my profile was approved and afterwards joined an agency as an exclusive freelancer.  However, I am unable to access the agency connects and see a zero balance when trying to submit a proposal.  When attempt to look at the connects balance at https://www.upwork.com/ab/plans/membership/connects-history, it shows my profile is not yet approved.  What is missing?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I checked your account and can confirm your profile was approved. Since you're an Agency Member, you'll need to discuss this with the Agency Owner as all Agency members draw from the common pool of Agency Connects. So the Agency Owner is the one who will need to purchase Connects for the Agency through their account.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Issah B Community Member

Hello,

I created my profile a while ago and got a notice that the marketplace didn't have space for my skillsets. I however went ahead to increase my skills, improved what I had and also learnt how to write a professional profile. I resubmitted an updated profile today after many months. 

I have not received an email of my approval but I realised I can submit proposals and I see my membership upgrade link to be active. Does this mean I am approved to work here? Also some resources to improve my success here will be quite helpful. However I have been following similar threads and I am reading some links shared to other members by the contributors.

Thank you.  

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Issah,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Issah B Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you so much for the quick response. And thank you for the resources provided. I will look through them. 

Best regards,

~ Issah 

Hurlon V Community Member

Hi I would like to know if my account is approved?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hurlon,

I checked your account, and I do not see any restrictions. As confirmed by our team, you can continue using it. You may want to check out the following links to help you improve your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths