Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
51 of 58

Hi Richard,

Could you please confirm if you want to use Upwork as a freelancer and find work or do you intend to hire freelancers to complete work for you? I checked your account and, currently, you have a client account, you can add a freelancer profile to your account by following the steps here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Dsgdgs D Member Since: Oct 1, 2020
52 of 58

There's a serious issue with new profiles applying.

The issue is getting your application declined over and over again without being told why.

The email that we get telling us "•Resubmit your profile after including other skill sets or work experience you might have left off•Acquire new skills or experience relevant to your field so you can become a more attractive candidate•Try submitting again in 6-12 months to see if we have new opportunities" does NOT help.

I've tried "including other skill sets or work experience" but i just keep getting declined without knowing why!

And after that my account becomes unable to post on this Community page so I cant ask why im getting declined. So I have to create a new account and then get my main suspended! And even THEN im STILL not being told on why i am getting declined or suspended.

The lack of communication is horrible. I just want to work on this website but I might have to move to freelancer.com

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
53 of 58

Hello,

Admission is highly competitive as Upwork receives more than 10,000 freelancer registrations daily. Not every application will be accepted. It depends in part on the needs of the marketplace. You can learn more about declined applications here.

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Nikki W Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
54 of 58

Hello Mike,

I am struggling to use the site. I don't understand how it works and wish there was a step by step guide to set up. Having info in different subject boxes doesn't help new people understand what order they are supposed to do everything in. For example I had my first client and we agreed 4 hours work for e200. I didn't realise I was supposed to set a clock while I worked, the software won't let me add in the hours and we can't finalise the payment. She is frustrated that we cannot finish the job and have no idea what to do next. I have tried talking to various bots but they have no idea how to help me. I now want to unsubscribe to the stie - it's simply too un user friendly - but that's not obvious either. My client is a very tech savvy graphic designer and she finds it mind boggling too. Can anyone help me?

Best wishes

Nikki

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
55 of 58

Hi Nikki,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. There are plenty of articles on the Upwork help pages that cover every aspect of the Upwork platform. You can check out the Getting started on Upwork thread and also, the Freelancing Resources board to help you with writing proposals, boosting your career, set rates, negotiate with clients, and so on.

Regarding your concern, as it's an Hourly contract, we always suggest freelancers to use the Upwork Desktop App to track time. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice.

For more information about the app, you can check out these helpful articles:

You can also choose to add a manual time, but please know that the manual time is not protected by the Hourly Payment Protection. You can check out this help article for more information on how you can add manual time.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Kamran G Member Since: Oct 16, 2020
56 of 58

exactly 

Highlighted
Arun S Member Since: May 16, 2017
57 of 58

Hi my name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I am also new to UPWORK. Till now I got only one job that I completed successfully. But after that I am trying my best, but still could not get any job. My biggest challenege is submiting a proposal that could get me a job. And I am also  sending proposal at very affordable price. But still no one reply back to me.

Highlighted
Muhammad Hanan T Member Since: Aug 21, 2018
58 of 58
Hi Mike,
I am a newbie and got 60 connections after the approval of my Upwork account. Now my remaining connections are 35 and still not get any client. Tell me the reason or guide me on how I win the client, give me any tips to win a client. I am a Virtual Assistant at Amazon. I am on Upwork since 2018.
Thanks in advance.