🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Happy Holidays from the Upwork Community ...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

740 REPLIES 740
5976aedb
Community Member

What strategies or tactics I have to use to acquire my first client?, considering my skills and expertise in AWS, Terraform, and DevOps? Do you have any suggestions or tips for someone starting out in this field and looking for my first client?

Improve your proposals and keep consistency of sending proposals. 

627f002e
Community Member

I'm looking for a job as a Virtual Assistant **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Adolphin Pagente

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5ed1bcfe
Community Member

How can I get clints

Hi Biajy,

I checked and saw that you recently joined Upwork. We want to help you get started with your freelancer journey.

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these helpful!

~ Joanne
Upwork
55dfddd4
Community Member

Hello, Joanne! I hope you are doing well. I am new here in Upwork and I already used up all my available connects and still unable to get a client. I am desperate for help, tips and advice. I hope someone can guide me. Thank you!

55dfddd4
Community Member

Hi! Can you please guide and give me tips on how to land my first job here in Upwork?

Please learn from learning path from Academy (Menu), it will guide you step
by step. Cheers
9fffe7e9
Community Member

Hello everyone....im glad to join here and have some oppurtunity to have job like this as a writer and i'm new to this and i need some advice, how to find job easily, Thank you...

f2babe28
Community Member

anyone has an idea to get  FIRST PROJECT IN THE UPWORK ?

b2f1cdab
Community Member

hello im freelanceer and any job guest post

5714fcd7
Community Member

I am new here. Hoping to find something positive. 

Will love to start with data entry.

Don't give up. Always be positive.Cheers
518720a6
Community Member

How did Iget first job in upwork?

2d0a012c
Community Member

I need a job

f296fbea
Community Member

Delighted to be in this platform.I am a beginner and am sure within the shorted time possible,il be flying high.

Cheers bro

d9597a74
Community Member

Thank you for creating such powerful content to help us navigate our path through Upwork

Yes. It is really help us especially newbies like us

2c5a3477
Community Member

Hello

• Am new here and don't actually know how to navigate around how can I get jobs from here do actually have to bids for them or they come directly to me, a freelancer actually thanks.
0a540142
Community Member

Hi Andrea, sometimes it is easy to the find the academy menu in upwork. Please advice.Thanks

Community Member

Hi actually how to get job I had create my profile and request for online typing job

19fe94cf
Community Member

actually i am new in upwork and i want to earn from upwork,

so give me some tips for get many....job's

Community Member

How to start Work

91579d45
Community Member

Community Member

8e02e990
Community Member

Asslamoalaikum! Respected community hi to all of you I don't have online work experience i want to get experience and work.I am a good and hard working person you can trust me am sure that i can't dissappoint you and feel happy to work with you.I want to get a good response from your side if someone want to work with me or want to give me some writing work contact me right now.
Community Member

Hello I am a content writer l want to know how to find job 

fdb36b9b
Community Member

SEO Content Writer is my recent work for more than 2 years, Well, I am Berny Paciencia Dublico, an ex-SEO content writer/page creator. I have written extensive product pages/details for different manufacturing companies in China, including editing images in Canva.

a55b77f2
Community Member

This is very enlightening 

ed36369b
Community Member

مرحبا

7b1ce63c
Community Member

Hey, I am a new freelancer at upwork, so any idea how to get that first job?

subyupwork
Community Member

Hi Andrea , 

Seek your assistance to find work on upwork as I am new to Upwork. I am banking proessional with over 23 yars od eperience.

Many Thanks.

7e307ebf
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork as a freelance writer. I'm open to suggestions on how to win the hearts of clients. Also, I'm open to working for anyone if they have more work than time. My area of expertise is Articles and Blogposts. 

Thanks,

Ken. 

sahadreams
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. As a graphic/logo designer on Upwork, I've been trying to secure long-term jobs for the past few months. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find the right fit for my skills and expertise.

I am reaching out to the community for help and advice on how to improve my chances of landing long-term clients. I have a portfolio of high-quality work and I am committed to providing excellent service to my clients. However, I recognize that there may be areas where I can improve my approach or strategy.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or advice on how to secure long-term jobs as a graphic/logo design freelancer on Upwork, I would greatly appreciate it. I am open to constructive feedback and willing to put in the work to improve my chances of success.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I look forward to hearing from the community and working towards building a successful freelance career on Upwork.

Hi Ashes,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!
~ Joanne
Upwork
27e63c6a
Community Member

Hello freelancer fellows!

I am a 2D artist and illustrator with over 3 years experience. Im new here on this platform and i've finished my profile. After spending all of free connects on 8 jobs (with all level of difficulty), i received no answer from client (actually i received 2 responds but they're scammers). I am writing this job to receive some helpful tips and some review about my profile from you-my fellows to get my first clients on this platform.

I hope i can get some advice from you soon to improve my profile 

Thanks

Nhan

Nhan Dao 

Hi Nhan,

Thanks for reaching out. I can understand how disappointing it can be when clients do not reply after submitting your proposal. 

We know that writing a cover letter can sometimes be overwhelming, especially if you're new to it. Think of it as a way to stand out from the crowd and showcase what's unique about your skills to specifically highlight how you're a good fit for a particular job or project.

Here are a few resources that may help you learn more and improve your proposal writing skills:

I hope this helps!

~ Joanne
Upwork
35fafc92
Community Member

I start new. Can you give me any tips to handle the client.

Yes, it's easy but not simple. Just Provide more than client requirement.
Add value and save client time.
3b20e66a
Community Member

Hello 

Shannon Can you check my upwork profile and tell me what mistakes are in my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths