🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am new here plz give me some tips so I ...
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,774 REPLIES 1,774
c5e20c07
Community Member

Good evening everyone I'm looking for a cliets that willing to give a opportunity 😇 

I'll give my very best shot.

33165df7
Community Member

I am new here plz give me some tips so I can learn online work and earn

Have you even read the main post of Andrea (moderator) and the reply posts of the others?

Hello Maria,

I agree with you very much! No one looks at the moderator or other answers to post in the community.

I answer the same 3 questions daily-to help people in the community.

Beginning to feel that they do not want to view the learning path videos in the Academy at all.

I have to watch them all the time. Right now, I even had to send customer support 'screen shots' for proof that I viewed them so that I could earn badges. 

This isn't fair. I wish others would review the entire threads for advice, rather than wanting things spoon feed just for them.

Your discussion is valuable.

Regards wasif 

I'm new but I'm not able to find a job

Yes am very happy to join

Hello I new here can you help me find a job 

https://www.upwork.com/workwith/shyhretem

I want job

I am new to Upwork and freelancing. i dont found a data entr job 

hey guys I am a newbee in upwork and i know i need a lot of improvement. woud you please take a look on my profile and please let me know any suggestions. It would really help me 

Hello Upwork Commmunity

I have been finding it hard to win jobs on upwork https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01dc359a741c7355b8 Kindly check my Profile and tell me if there's anything that needs change

Hello there, I have been on been on Upwork since 2022 and I have not seen any job or invitations.

Can you please help out with what to  get more views and job.

And this is my Upwork profile link; https://zeep.ly/NFwbH

Dear Wasif:

You should follow the information as mentioned by mary, Andrea G, etc. 

In my suggestion you should make your profile complete, apply for the latest jobs. Your starting is some how difficult but it will be fruitful in your future.

I was also wondering for the first job, but I got my job and now I am happy.

Regards.

abdullah azam rehman

Delete Upwork

Hi valeria,

hope you are enjoying good health, I am new here please help me out for searching job.

i have been looking for an employment but i have not yet goten 

As an experienced freelancer, it can be frustrating when you've been actively seeking employment but haven't had any success yet. Here are a few suggestions to help improve your chances:

Refine your job search strategy: Take a closer look at the platforms or websites you're using to search for employment. Ensure you're targeting the right industries and roles that align with your skills and experience. Explore multiple platforms and consider networking through professional social media platforms like Upwork.

Polish your resume and 0nline Upwork Profiles: Make sure your resume and online profiles, such as Upwork, accurately showcase your skills, experience, and achievements. Tailor your resume for each job application, highlighting relevant accomplishments and skills that match the requirements of the position.

Expand your professional network: Networking can be a valuable tool in finding employment opportunities. Reach out to friends, colleagues, and industry professionals who may be aware of job openings or can provide recommendations. Attend Upwork industry events or join professional groups to expand your network further.

Consider freelance platforms: While you're looking for full-time employment, consider utilizing freelance platforms to find short-term projects. This can help you gain additional experience, expand your portfolio, and potentially lead to full-time opportunities.

Develop new skills: Identify any gaps in your skill set that may be hindering your job search. Consider taking online courses, attending workshops, or participating in relevant projects to enhance your skills and make yourself more marketable.

Be proactive and persistent: Finding employment can sometimes take time, so it's important to remain proactive and persistent. Stay consistent with your job search efforts, follow up on applications, and don't get discouraged by rejections. Keep refining your approach and stay motivated.

Remember, the job market can be competitive, but by utilizing these strategies and staying determined, you can increase your chances of finding suitable employment. Good luck with your job search!

I guess Chat can't look at profiles. They have no profile at all. They are probably a bot. They are not an "experienced freelancer."

Maybe you should fill out your profile and prove you are experienced.  Right now, it's totally blank.  Not a good look.

Hello Mary! Could you please evaluate my profile, I can't get my first order, is there something wrong with my profile

What do you freelance in? What do you even do? How is anyone supposed to know what to hire you for?

Please I have been here for over 2 year, applied for so many jobs but no offer till date

Please what do I do 

First of all, make your profile public so that any experienced freelancer can analyze and suggest something worthwhile!!

Will do that right away 

As Assad said, it would be very helpful to see what your profile looks like.
The quality of your profile itself and the proposals you write are the most important things for getting a job.

You should make a portfolio and should learn about a specific topic. Then you will get a job.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

To this day I  have received only one job offer I started using Upwork actively 2 months ago . Spent almost 100 dollars in buying connects and all but no Luck 😞 . Not giving up tho!

Hey Zawar!
Sorry to hear that, but it's a good thing you're not giving up!
If you're not having much luck in getting offers or responds to your proposals, try to adjust them a bit, copy paste proposals are usually not the best way to go, you want to try and personalize them for each job proposal.
Good luck!

I have tried updating my profile constantly practicing different strategies but still, none of proposals are even viewed by anyone.

What do you think? When a new freelancer comes to Upwork, How will He/she Start From First? 

hello Abdullah

I know it may be tough to get jobs on Upwork, especially the first job but here are some tips that may help you

1-focus on optimizing your profile in general, your overview and portfolio in particular

2-look around and learn from other people in your niche

3-optimize your proposals and be aware of grammar mistakes

4-be consistent and continuously learn and improve yourself

within time you will learn what works and whats not working and always spend your connects wisely and write the best proposal you can

I am new to Upwork. I did a bid for job and the client approached me in my messages and told me the work. I did it and gave him in the messages. This job is not visible in my jobs section and i dont know how to claim for money. Can you please assist me with this

Buy connects and apply to as many relevant jobs as you can.
Apply when there are less than 5 proposals.
Make your job proposal as precise and concise as possible.
practice making proposals in under 2 mins

Tips for finding that first job

Hi 

I'm new here pls help with tips on how I get get jobs

Hello upwork community members

I am working on upwork with 3 months but i have no job yet,

i dont know how to get my 1st job on upwork .

Plz if you review my profile and feedback me  and what is wrong in my profile 

is my profile is good or not what mistake i am doing kindly review my profile 

Can you please share your Profile?

I know it may be tough to get jobs on Upwork, especially the first job but here are some tips that may help

1-focus on optimizing your profile in general and your overview and portfolio in particular

2-look around and learn from other people in your niche

3-optimize your proposals and be aware of grammar mistakes

4-be consistent and continuously learn and improve yourself

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths