🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Uploading Driver's License
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Aaron Taylor J Community Member

How do I verify my identity it asked me to upload my id so I did so it then told me my id did not match my name in my profile go to my profile and change it to match the name on my id so I did that and now it tells me
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs contact support
I've done that a 100 times and all I get is this data bot that keeps asking me to login even though I'm already logged in can anyone help me to get this done because it's not allowing me to apply for jobs
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Aaron,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Selassie F Community Member

I tried uploading my ID to have it verified, but then it gave me an error message saying they couldn't match the photo. Then I recieved an email saying that I've reached the Maximum tries to upload my ID.  On the ID I don't have my glasses on, because it was required of me to remove them for the photo ID. However, on my profile picture and everywhere else I have my glasses on. I'm thinking this is the reason why they denied my ID is simply because they didn't recognize that it was the same person. However, I cannot go back into my profile to try and reupload the ID again. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Selassie,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Stuti T Community Member

can I upload my EAD for identity verification in the USA?

Hi Stuti,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Sierra H Community Member

I exceeded the maximum number of tries uploading my ID and it said I needed to contact customer support. I did that and I was sent a secure link to upload my ID, but that link has expired and I need to get a new one. I attached a screenshot of the response I received from customer support the first time with the link that is now expired.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Sierra,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Crispin S Community Member

I signed up for Upwork yesterday and tried uploading my driver's lisence a few times before it locked me out of participating. I think I figured out what the problem is. I cropped the photo after scanning my license. But now I don't know how I can upload a new uncropped photo of my driver's license. I received an email saying I'm locked out but i don't know if this is temporary or if I will have another chance to reupload in a day or two. If not, I guess I need to cancel my membership. Anyone got an idea of how I should proceed?

Michael J Community Member

Hi Crispin,

Thanks for your message. We can get this sorted out. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike
Bernie R Community Member

Mike - I'm also dealing with this issue.  I uploaded my Driver's License and the process failed.  My Driver's License is valid.   Can you assist?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Bernie,

I've requested help from our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Gelila E Community Member

HI, I am experiencing the same issue, how can I get this resolved? I am assuming it's because the address on my DL is not my current address now?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Gelila,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Kellen N Community Member

So I just started this account and try to well verify my ID so I could do work. Now it locked me out. Please help.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kellen,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Kellen N Community Member

Thank you so much

Nigel M Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to verify my ID and all the help posts link to an identity verification page in the profile settings but I can't find that page in the settings and when I click the links, I receive a 404 error.

Any help?

thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nigel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Angie T Community Member

I'm just trying to upload my ID.  I received a message saying that I have reached maximum number to upload it.  What do I need to do now?  Thank you 

Angie

**Edited for community guidelines**

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Angie,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
J S Community Member

I have a question can everyone see the get started under the notification banner? I looked there and can not find get started so I can verify my account.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi there,

I shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Haley P Community Member

Hello - I tried submitting my ID for review and an error message popped up. Then it did not allow me to try again, or give an option to do a video chat. Now I am stuck not able to submit propasals. Can someone help? 

Hi Haley,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths