🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Kathryn,

You can omit your middle name and add only your first and last name on your Upwork account, and should be able to verify your location based on the matching name in your ID and account. If you run into any problems please let us know and we'll assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you.  That's what I had done originally.  When I go to upload my ID, it asks for me to make sure the name matches.  I change it there, but it still says it does not match.

It now says I have tried too many times and had me complete a work ticket.

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for following up. I see you already submitted a ticket and our team will assist you directly with verifying your location.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have the exact same issue, I do not want my middle name showing on my profile and when Elance switched to Upwork they made me go through the verification process again, and since my middle name is on my driver's license, my middle name suddenly showed up on my Upwork profile (my middle name never showed up on my Elance profile) it's been showing up on my upwork profile ever since and I absolutely do not want my middle name on my profile, however, I'm not able to remove it.

Hi Sadie,

I checked and see your full name was transferred to your Upwork account when you migrated your Elance account. You can verify your location by following the steps Bojan shared in his most recent post below and later edit your name in your account Settings. I also see you submitted a support request and our team will follow up soon to guide you through the process. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Upwork is stating that I am trying to upload an unapproved verification document when uploading my Passport.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To contact Customer Support regarding verifying your location, please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support. If you are still having some trouble, please let us know by replying to this thread. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My state of Nevada driver license was not accepted by Upwork.com and I don't know why that is. This is the state-issued ID that I currently use and it works everywhere else except for with Upwork.com

@Woody G wrote:

My state of Nevada driver license was not accepted by Upwork.com and I don't know why that is. This is the state-issued ID that I currently use and it works everywhere else except for with Upwork.com

People have problems uploading IDs. I have no idea why. You should probably open a ticket and get help from a CSR.

ETA: I've flagged your post so hopefully a mod will come along to help you out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Woody, 

I checked your account and can see that the Customer Support team has reached out to you. Could you please check your email, or your My Requests on this page to access the ticket the team has sent you?

~ Bojan
Upwork

I only heard from Customer Support telling me that my account was put "on hold" because Upwork.com says my ID is not accepted. But, there was no remedy offered by Customer Support. I am stuck with an account "on old" even though I submitted a copy of my state-issued drivers license. I need someone to offer me a specific remedy to get my account taken off the current "on hold" status.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Woody,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. I see you already submitted a ticket and our team will assist you directly with verifying your location, please follow up on your existing ticket. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to verify my ID with a US passport. I have been trying all day. The photos that I have tried are not blurry, there is a border area around the ID, all four corners are visible, they haven't been manipulated in any way, I tried a jpeg, and a png. I tried uploading photos of several differnet sizes between 30Kb and 20Mb and they were all at least 200 dpi. The name matches. And it still is telling me "We had some trouble analyzing your ID because the image didn't match required standards."

Hi Jackson,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Hi Nina, 

I clicked on a job that I want to send a proposal to that is U.S only. But I don't see any notification saying to contact customer support... I tried a few times.

Jackson,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help.

~Nina

It seems as though I've attempted to upload my drivers license one too many times as the system will allow no further attempts.

Please help!

Hi Katryce & Anna

Please follow the advise in my response to other users who have had the same issue in this thread, thanks!

~Nina

When Upwork asked me to verify my location, I uploaded a clear picture, in color, of my WA-state ID. It keeps failing to verify, even though it meets all of the specifications. I'd love it if I a human could look at this and help me out!

Cheers!

“Member Since: Apr 10, 2018
Apr 10, 2018 by Mohsin A
I am new on upwork. I am software Engineering student . I try to find word from 2 week .but still fail.
Please can you help me”

You became a member the same day you posted this message?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please follow the instructions outlined in the notification sent to you by our team, in order to complete the verification process. You can also access the notification here. Thanks!

Meanwhile, Please check out this thread and go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions, designed to help you start bidding successfully and winning jobs on Upwork. You may check Hiring Headquarters link in the thread I mentioned, and find there some excellent articles for both, improving profiles and writing good proposals. You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs.  Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am a U.S. Citizen, I tried to verify my location by uploading my ID but the site could'nt verify it for some reason. How do I fix this? I don't understant why I couldnt be verified.

Hi Sonia,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

My ID card photo was not accepted by the bot as proof of my residency in the United States. What happens now? How can I dispute this or get in contact with Upwork to look into it? 

Hello Rochelle,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link when you try to apply for US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please reply to this thread. Thanks!

Untitled

I just tried to upload my license to upwork to verify my location. It then said I hit the maximum number of tries and need to contact support. When I go to support or help I can only ask the community. I'm not sure how this will help. Any help is welcomed!

Hi Julianne,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Why does the ID verification process bomb? My account was locked once, customer service unlocked it (without and email notifying me of the unlock = poor service). I am a US Citizen and my ID shows this I've followed the steps for taking a copy of ID on my scanner. And still doesn't work...I've spent at least a couple hours trying different techniques to get this to process. If they don't solve it today then I'm going over to **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I encourage any of you having the same unresolved trouble with Upwork team to do so too!

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues completing your verification process. I've asked that a member of the team reach out to you again directly to help resolve your issue and you should be hearing from them very shortly. Thanks!

~Nina

I tried twice to upload a photo of my ID, and after being rejected twice, I received an email saying my account was put on hold. There was no indication that anyone would try to correct this. Am I up a creek without a paddle at this point?

Hi Alex, 

Could you please click on any job in your US-only feed and use the link to contact Customer Support you'll see at the top of the page. That link will connect you directly with the team that will be able to reset your attempts and assist you with the verification process.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

After several failed attempts at uploading my driver's license for verification I got the "maximum tries" message. How do I get around this?

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Andrew,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please reply to this thread. Thank you!

Untitled

I submitted my driver's license, but it keeps saying it doesn't recognize it. I think I need a human to verify it.

Hello Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed? If you are having some trouble sending a ticket, please let us know by replying to this post. Thank you!

Untitled

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded."

I'm new here and I've tried and tried to send in my ID to start working. If nobody answers, I'll have to give up. I'm literally clueless with this site and don't know what could possibly be wrong with my ID photo...

Hi Rachel, 

On a job post with a U.S. location requirement, you should see the link to contact our Customer Support Team directly. Please file a ticket with them so that they can assist you with your issue. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I created an account over a month ago and was skeptical about using this service due to how impossible it is to gain support or help from Upwork. Upwork requested that I upload some type of verification so I uploaded my drivers license. The image of my license is crystal clear. How can someone who has legitamatly worked in their field of expertise for decades like myself be declined so easily with no real means of contacting support? Are there other freelance sites that actually work? The fees that Upwork charge are astronomical to NOT have some type of live phone support. Is there any type of support other than being able to post a question to the user base? The email Upwork sent to me has no suggested avenue for resoltuion. This is obviously frustrating.

Thank You,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

We have one of our agents reach out to you directly to guide you through the process. You can access the ticket here. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm trying to verify my driver's license w/ Upwork and it won't work. Says that it can't verify the picture I've submitted. I've submitted multiple photos of my license. You can easily see all the info displayed on it, it's in j-peg format, and all 4 corners are present. I'm not understanding the issue with it and why it won't verify.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths