🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Audrey. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there!

I have been notified that I need to verify my ID. The times I have attempted to upload my driver's license, I have received error messages claiming that something is wrong and to reach out to support.

This is me reaching out. What do I need to do to be able to verify my ID and start submitting proposals?

Cheers!

Kenner

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenner,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The Upwork website states that they have not been successful uploading my ID. I would like to have the link to try again. Thanks.

Hi Mayra,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I was attemtpting to upload my I.D for verification but no matter what I tried, it told me that my name didn't match the I.D, even though it does. Now I've reached the maximum amount of attempts.

Hi guys,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi David and Dondre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi
I am stuck with ID verification and can not proceed further. I am currently residing in U.S on a visa but upwork is not taking my visa to verify my ID, So kindly guide me to pass this stage

Hi MD,

Thanks for reaching out. To assist you better in completing the verification process, I've requested the help of our team. Your concern has been escalated, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

I am not able to apply for any more jobs as upwork shows me a pop up each time to do my id verification. 
I tried doing it but I don't have any of the acceptable IDs (Driver lisence, green card, state ID or US passport)

I have my work authorization card, which is acceptable as my ID in United states. But upwork is not accepting that. 
What can I do? Please help. 
Thanks!

Ayesha

tgcodes
Community Member

To ensure that your identification cards are clear and easily readable when uploading them to Upwork, follow these guidelines:

Use a high-resolution scanner or a smartphone camera with good image quality to capture the card.
Place the card on a flat surface with good lighting to avoid shadows and glare.
Position the card within the designated frame or guidelines provided by Upwork during the verification process.
Capture the image in focus and ensure that all the information on the card is legible, including your name, photo, and card details.
Avoid any obstructions, such as fingers or other objects, that may cover or obscure the card's information.
Double-check the image before uploading to ensure clarity and readability.
By following these steps, you can improve the chances of your identification cards being accepted by Upwork during the verification process.

Hi Hafiza Ayesha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

My country of origin is not US, but I live in the US.

UpWork tells me to provide a US ID, but I don't have a Green Card, passport, or any other identification documents.

I have all the necessary proof that I legally live in the US, such as my bills, rental contract, all migration and asylum documents, and my identification from my home country.

How can I provide all this information to you?

Thank you

No, it doesn't.

But thank you!

Hi Sviatoslav,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I'm having some difficulty as well with verifying my location could someone please get in contact with ne? I've used the two times that I'm allowed to take a photo of my I'd and I would really appreciate some assistance

Hi Sean,

A member of the team will reach out shortly to assist you with this, thank you.

~Nina

UPDATE: Thank you! I spoke with someone and submitted the neccesary documents. Appreciate the help!

Hi-

I registered fro Upwork about a month ago.  When I tried to verify my ID, my formal name (James) did not match the name I had created my account under (Jim.)  I submitted a request to change it 2 weeks ago, haven't heard anything- how long does it take to change my name?

Jim P.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

Looks like your name change request was successfully accomplished, your account name is now James. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I can't seem to have my identification approved. I have tried twice now with valid information and a drivers license. Upwork does a poor job explaining their declined identification reasoning.

I also need help with this. Can someone assist me?

I need help on this. 

Hi Mark,

Somebody will reach out to you directly and provide assistance.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Error on upload 

I am having the same problem. I don't understand why I can't location can not be verified.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to help you with verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Why am I unable to upload my drivers license?

Hi Robert, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to help you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same issue.  I get an error 404 when i click on the help page i am taken too with the denial.  Please assist so that I can verify my United states status.  I upload my drivers license.

Hi Amanda,

One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly to reset this and provide you with a link to upload your document.

~Nina

Hi there!

I'm having the same issue. It's having trouble verifying my location with my ID. The only ID I have is my military ID. My WA license was lost & its replaced electronically but I don't have the physical copy yet. I can provide proof of both but I cannot figure out how to submit them.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Ashley, and Rebecca, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you both to help you with verifying your ID. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same problem!

I am experiencing the same issue. I trived to upload a photo of my driver license and received the following message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you. 

Hi Jeff,

A member of the team will reset this and reach out to you directly with a new link for you to upload your ID, thank you.

~Nina

This same situation is happening to me. Please help. Will I get another chance to verify my location? Right now my account is suspended and I cannot submit a proposal. 

Hi Mai Choua,

A support agent will reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths