Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4711 of 4,774

Hi Andre,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
vivianobrien27
Vivian O Member Since: Jan 15, 2021
4712 of 4,774

Im a freelancer and tried to upload a picture of my my drivers license to verify my ID so I could submit a proposal and it kept saying my ID couldnt be verified and that the names didnt match? my name has an apostrophe so I removed the apostrophe and tried again and it still was unable to verify. I believe my drivers license picture was very clear so I'm not sure what the issue is.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4713 of 4,774

Hi Vivian,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

-Joanne
Untitled
gmannyisback
Garren N Member Since: Jan 17, 2021
4714 of 4,774

I really need help here. I have been trying to set up my Upwork account but it is roadblocking me because my ID card is expired. I tried to schedule an appointment with my local DMV and the next appointment is 4 months out (and they are only accepting appointment only customers). I really want to start working some freelance jobs to supplement my income due to COVID related reasons and to build experience in the digital marketing/video production/ graphic arts departments and this ID issue is a huge roadblock for me. Is there any way I can send a photo of both my ID and my birth certificate to customer support? This whole fiasco is a huge roadblock in my pursuit of freelance work. Thank you for reading my inquiry and I am excited to get a response back. 

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
4715 of 4,774

That's a difficult situation but only Upwork customer service can guide you about that. You can talk to them via live chat and see if they can accept that. 

gmannyisback
Garren N Member Since: Jan 17, 2021
4716 of 4,774

I tried reaching customer service but it was only a bot. I don't know how to reach a live agent.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4717 of 4,774

Hi Garren,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
mandi-nicol
Amanda G Member Since: Jan 20, 2021
4718 of 4,774

Hello, due to COVID the MVAs in my state were closed (Maryland). My ID is expired but still accepted due to the state of emergency. However, when I scan my ID to begin my account the program will not accept because it is "expired" in the ID. How do you recommend I proceed?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4719 of 4,774

Thank you for reaching out to us, Amanda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
troybuddy81
Troy F Member Since: Nov 23, 2017
4720 of 4,774

Trying to get help verifying myself, says I have too many verification attempts.