🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
adammcgahee
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I'm trying to get my account setup so I can find work. I noticed that I was asked for a copy of my ID and for some reason when I uplaoded it, the system said it didn't recognize my ID and now I can't apply for work. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks so much for all the help in advance!

Hi Adam,

We'll have one of our customer support team members reach out to you directly via email to assist further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I still haven't heard anything. Any updates?
mosesyearwood
Community Member

Hello,

I need to upload my driver's license. However, I am receiving the message, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." Then I am directed here instead of to a customer service representative, email, or phone number. I tried the Community Bot; that thing is not working for me.

Thanks in advance,

Miranda

Hi Miranda,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jonathanarreola
Community Member

Ran out of attemots go verify location need help verifying. Help center seems useless

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
akward13
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account so I can start bidding on projects. Each time I tried to upload my ID for verification, it said that my name does not match. I uploaded the ID the max number of times and now my account is locked. I am trying to find a way to upload my ID differently, but can't seem to find a way.

Hi Anastasia Ku,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist you directly in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mariakaned
Community Member

Hi

I submitted my driver's license ID for location verification and it kept saying the names didn't match even though they do. I've now been locked out of confirming my location and been told to email customer support.  Please help.

Thanks,

Hi Marya, 

One of the customer support team members will email you directly to assist in uploading your ID to complete the location verification step. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks a lot for this Joanne!

enelson5
Community Member

Same problem. It says maximum number of attempts to very Identification and won't let me verify that I live in the US anymore.

Hi Ethan, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

rckreate
Community Member

Hi! I got this message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." For some reason, it hasn't accepted my legitimate ID.What can I do for this?

I tried to contact "Customer Support," but the site reroutes me to general anwers which doesn't help me. 

What do I do for this?

noor-albuhamzah
Community Member

Hello

How can I contact you? I reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.

I Can't upload it again or even reach you? what can I do?

Best Regards,

Hi Noor,

One of our agents will contact you directly through support ticket and assist you with verification. Thank you. 

steven_adler
Community Member

i have reached maximum number of id verification tries. because i didnt know that the corners have to be visible. i need to verify.

Hi Asm,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly through support ticket to assist you further with location verification. Appreciate your patience.

iwunzekelvin98
Community Member

I need to get my identity back i have been trying and trying to put my ID and  it didnt work so now i cant do a job 

Hi Chisom, 

One of our team members will reach out to you through an email to assist you with location verification. 

iwunzekelvin98
Community Member

I need to get my identity back i have been trying and trying to put my ID and  it didn't work so now i cant do a job 

rymoushka
Community Member

Hello community,

I have a problem when uploading my ID. It seems that i have reached the maximum of tries to upload my ID and i cannot figure out how to fix this. I've looked everywhere for customer support but everytime i end up here. So please, can anyone help me with this?

Thank you 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rim, 

It looks like you were able to verify your location already. Please let our team know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b_buoy
Community Member

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I'm receiving a message to contact customer support because I've reached the maximum number of attempts to upload my ID.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Barbra, and Ross, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you separately to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
beguhe-nocero
Community Member

I submitted my DL to verify my identity but it failed. I took the scan of my id 3 times and submitted but all attempt failed. Need someone who could help me. Thanks, Nocero

Hi Nocero, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
ishappiness
Community Member

Hi Team,

Trying to upload my valid id in my profile already tried several times, so advise me to contact support for me to proceed. Appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Hi Danielle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jannachristen
Community Member

I have tried to upload a phot of my ID for Identity Verification but it keeps beinf denyied. I have tried mutliple times, and now have reached my maximum amount of attempts, and need someone to help me complete this progress. 

Hi Jotheeiswary, Catharina, and  Janna Perry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zleef
Community Member

I'm also having this problem, my upload attempts are maxed out. Let me know how i can proceed. Thanks.

catharinacapps
Community Member

Hi Guys, 

I tried to verify my ID and it did not work (I believe the picture I sent was too blurry) - is it possible to try again?

j_vijayantheran
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am a new freelancer just joined upworks and I have trouble with ID verification. I reside in the United States with G4 visa status and I do have EAD (Employement Authorization) to work in the United States however I do not have United States's drivers licenses which I am currently working in progress hence I am not able to verify my identification. Can you please help me? Thank you so much. 

ctdesigntech
Community Member

I tried to verify my ID, but it did not accept my picture and now my attempts are maxed out.  What do I do now?

catalina-marulan
Community Member

I am also unable to verify my license. Can someone from Upwork also contact me? 

Hi Catalina, Zac, Adam, and Ryan, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
bradschm
Community Member

Please help me verify my location
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brad, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you directly.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths