cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Kathryn B Member Since: May 28, 2018
771 of 3,997

I am trying to upload verification of my account by uploading a photo of my ID. My name is Kathryn Burgess, exactly what it says on my account. However, it keeps saying my name is different than what it is on my account. I've tried taking several different pictures, yet nothing is working. 

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
772 of 3,997

Hi Kathryn,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Clara C Member Since: May 28, 2018
773 of 3,997

I am trying to upload my Drivers licence so that I can start applying to jobs. I have taken several photos in good lighting, with all edges showing, with good quality. Every single one has been regected. The error says it doesn't recognize the ID. How do I fix this?

Community Guru
774 of 3,997

Hi Clara,

Please click on any job that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve this verification issue. Thanks!

~Nina
Lyndsay K Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
775 of 3,997

I took a picture of my driver's licence and uploaded it as directed (saved it as a JPEG, checked the quality, etc.), but I kept getting a message saying that it was not an accepted ID. Then I got a message that said I had reached my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID, and I was locked out. I opened a ticket through Upwork support, but I see many others have had this issue as well, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Upwork after three hours. Does anyone know if this an issue that can be resolved quickly so I can resume submitting proposals? Thanks!

Community Guru
776 of 3,997

Hi Lyndsay,

Upon checking, I see that our support team has already replied to you on your open ticket and that you are in communication with them. We'll follow up with them about your most recent addition to the ticket.

~Nina
Tom O Member Since: May 31, 2018
777 of 3,997

Having similar issues,

Tried uploading proof of ID per the guidelines using all different specified formats however now I've reached the maximum number of tries (3). Started a help ticket and it was marked as solved eithout anyone getting in contact with me. Basically now my proficle is in limbo pending a response I'm not hopeful to get. Should I just start over?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
778 of 3,997

Hi Tom,

Our support team received your ticket and will assist you with your location verification shortly.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Aleksandr V Member Since: May 31, 2018
779 of 3,997

My name is Aleksandr Vaysberg, my email is **edited for Community Guidelines**

I can't start my id verification. When I click on this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001176427 it says that I'm not authorized to see this page.

Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
780 of 3,997

Hi Aleksandr, 

Please click on a a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see the link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. 

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS