🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Shehraz.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pengshi
Community Member

My location verification failed, even though I uploaded my California driver's license. It could be the image quality. I couldn't find a way to retry, there's only a message telling me to contact support, which just led to a bot. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Use the bot. I just verified my account, used the bot which was a real person, did a very quick and simple video chat and all done in less than a minute. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peng, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your ID has already been accepted, and your location has already been verified. If you need further help, please let me know. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pengshi
Community Member

Great! Thank you.

michelewrite
Community Member

Hello All, 

I am having some issues with uploading my Drivers License for verification. The site is saying the ID I am uploading is not supported. I believe this is because the State of Georgia changed the design of our Drivers Licenses so it is not recognizing. Is there a way to have an actual human verify my ID instead of the automated system? 

Thank you! 

Michele 

Hi Michele,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c5071431
Community Member

Hello, I would like to know whether my account is verified?

I see that

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support
so, where and how I can do that?

Hi Yev,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
truartist
Community Member

Everything is all set EXCEPT I get this message...

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Help, Please and Thank you.

Hi Lonnie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fily2014
Community Member

Hello, I have the following issue:You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filiberto,

~ Bojan
Upwork
49e857ae
Community Member

I have reached the available tries to upload an image of my ID. How do I try again?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
savvymompreneur
Community Member

I followed instructions on uploading my ID for upwork but it wouldn't accept it. I can't find a way to email Upwork about it.

Is there really no way to reach a customer service rep or something? This is ridiculous.

Did you try to mention your problem in the help center? 

Go here and click the "Get Help" button in the "Contact Us" section. A chat bar will be opened on the right side of the screen, then you should write your problem. And if you couldn't find it in the suggested solutions, you can send an email. 

Hi Renee Samantha,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ethanjar
Community Member

The system fails to verify my drivers license. Can someone reach out to my to manually verify it?

Hi Ethan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zeek347
Community Member

I can not upload my iD. Can I do it manually? I've try to upload it too many times and, now it not allowing me to try no more.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ezeikel,

~ Bojan
Upwork
qadira
Community Member

Hi, my green card still pending but I have an EAD card to verify my location. How can I reach customer support to help me with this? Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hayatul, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
qadira
Community Member

Hi Avery, I haven't got any message from the customer support team. Please assist. Thanks 

Hi Hayatul,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pompasty
Community Member

I do not have US phone number to recieve SMS, but I have a russian one and I live in US. I can not finish my account without it, please help.

Hi Pavel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lorrainetang
Community Member

I submitted my ID but it was unable to be verified for some reason and my account is placed on hold. What can I do to resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Hi Lorraine,

~ Goran
Upwork
kdubba14
Community Member

Hi, I am also running into this issue and I uploaded a clear picture of my driver's license. Can someone help please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yarbose
Community Member

Hey.

I just wanted to verify my ID. But currently I don't have a US passport or driver license. 

May I upload a passport of another country?

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yar,

~ Goran
Upwork
joellemahoney01
Community Member

I have reached the maximum attempts to verify using my id. How can I fix this so I can create proposals to jobs available. I'm currently looking for work to help my family out in between paychecks. I am very upset I can't get it to upload correctly so I can continue. Thank you 

Hi Joelle, 

A member of the team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
7c6d7fab
Community Member

My ID was not verified even though I have submitted the proper ID, please advise what to do.

After I uploaded the picture of my ID, I just got the following email

"""

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

"""

I also found it extremely hard to contact customer support. 

louisaj
Community Member

Sorry that has happened to you.

1/ Check your REQUESTS in the Upwork Help Center to see if you have an open ticket about this. If so, reply to Upwork on that.

2/ If you want to speak to a human. In the help center, click on the green thing bottom right corner. Type speak to human. Robot should transfer you to a real live human.

Good luck!

7c6d7fab
Community Member

Thank you for your response! I decided to open the request, and I cannot even find the button to open request ... There seems to be already some threads about the same issue, so I will follow that.

Hi Makoto,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths