🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello Micah,

Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer support link in the error displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending a ticket, please reply to this thread. Thanks!

Untitled

I am trying to upload my state id, but i keep getting the response that I am not using an acceptable form of verification.  

Hi Lisanne,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you with this process.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same thing is happening to me. And I have no idea how to contact you guys.

Hello Derek,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you.

Untitled
alafume
Community Member

i am getting the same response. What can i do? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alain,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you directly to help you with the verification process. You should be hearing from them very shortly, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I had the same problem. Additionally, when I tried to submit a help ticket (21323985), it went straight to solved. I was not contacted, nor did I mark it "solved" to my knowledge (though user error is always a possibility). I tried to submit another ticket, but this time was routed to the forums as it seemed to be the only option on the screen after clicking "I still need help, submit this request". 

I would very much like to speak with a rep as I feel that will provide the quickest solution - please help. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kendra,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist further with your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello fellow freelancers! I'm new to the joint and I tried to upload my ID, but I forgot that my address on my profile no longer matched my current ID; as a result I kept trying to submit and now i'm out of tries. How can I upload my ID now? I've already updated my address on my profile to match, but at this point I can't do anything on the site.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi Alfred,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Support,

I have tried verifying my location so that I can bid for US jobs without success. I keep receiving an error message, kindky help out. Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Whitney, 

Please select a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link on top of the post to be able to contact our Customer Support Team directly. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
jmilus
Community Member

Hi, so I recently signed up and was hoping to submit my first proposal to a US only job, this required me to submit a photograph of my driver's lisence (which is from Georgia). HOWEVER, Upwork can not authenticate my ID and has now put my account on hold for submitting a perfectly valid ID. How can I get this fixed? I haven't even been able to spend a minute on the platform before being put on hold, and I quite frankly find this ridiculous. I HAVE NOT even worked a single job yet and this is hugely discouraging to me as a service for freelancers if a company's algorithem cannot even identify a Georgia lisense.

They left me with no point of contact in the email to appeal this ridiculous situation.

I would 110% appreciate anyone who is able to help me figure this out, because I really do want to try Upwork and give it a chance.

Thanks,

John

P.S. I have copy/pasted the email below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi John,

Sorry about the inconvenience. I see that you already have an existing ticket about this issue and we'll have one of our agents assist you with verification directly via the ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Would you happen to have a contact email? I'm dealing with the same issue and the person who followed up with me told me to open a US only job and click "Contact Customer Service" at the top of the page and that option wasn't even available. I emailed back 2 days ago with a screenshot showing that option isn't anywhere on the page and now I'm not able to get a response from Customer Service and I've sent 2 follow up emails. 

mab7
Community Member

I am trying to upload my driver's license to verify my location but Upwork isn't accepting it. Please advise.

Thanks!

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Marie,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please try to send us a ticket by clicking the contact customer support link in the message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled
mab7
Community Member

Thanks for your help!

Someone emailed me the same thing you're saying when I opened up a topic for this same issue and it's been 2 days, now I can't get anyone to respond. I've attached a screenshot of a US only job and the option your suggesting to use is nowhere on the screen. 

Hi Cristina,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further! Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I created a ticket several weeks ago trying to get the issue resolved. No matter what I try, the system will not verify my ID so I can't bid for U.S. only jobs. The original ticket shows that the issue has been solved, which it has not. My profile still shows my ID as unverified and tells me I need to contact customer support, which inevitably leads me back here. I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. This has caused me to miss out on many opportunies as I cannot put in for any of the bids that suit my abilities. 

Last time I posted on here, I was told to 'try to apply for a job and submit a ticket when the system denied my application attempt'. That didn't work. 

Please help!

Stephanie

Hello Stephanie,

I just made a follow up on your ticket. We'll have someone from our team get in touch with you to assist you further via ticket. Thank you for your patience!

Untitled

I've been trying to upload 5 different versions of my driver's license for the Identity Verification and the systems keeps telling me that it's not meeting the requirements. Is there any way to send it to an actual person for verification?

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not sure what I did wrong, but I tried uploading my ID once and i got placed on hold and i got an email that says:

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded.

As a result, we have placed a hold on your account. Please know you will still be able to work and complete any open contracts and withdraw earnings, but you won’t be able to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.

We are sorry to have to take this step, but we must for the safety of our marketplace. Please let us know if you have any questions."

And then no way to contact support to solve. 

Can i know why i was placed on hold for trying to verify and can i get my account verified please...

Hi Kit,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page, you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. Please click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they will assist you to resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am new to UpWork and want to get some real life work expeirnce. But for some odd reason my ID is not getting the correct valid request. I have taken the picture of my I.D. numerous times, different angle, even made a new account because I had submmited to many request. If I can please get some help with this I would really appreciate it. 

Hi Oscar,

Please, make sure the image is clear, the information on it can be easily read and all four edges of the ID are in the picture. Also, note that the name on the ID needs to match the name on the profile. 

Please, refrain from creating new accounts on Upwork as users are allowed to create only one account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

My drivers license wont upload. I have tried multiple times and multiple pictures, and they fit the requirements. Someone please help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olivia,

Please click on any job that has U.S only requirement. At the top of the page, you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same ID uploading issues as many other people seem to have. I am not able to submit proposals due to this issue. I used the customer support ticket but it was in no way helpful and says my problem was solved which it in no way is.

Hi Sarah,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update on your ticket. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm considered  an US person because as "A partnership, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States".  So I will fill a W9.

I'm an Italian Citizen with a working visa. What document do you need to proof my identity? I don't have any of the requested ones.

Hi Valeria,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have twice uploaded a photo of my valid and current DL to get confirmed as a US resident.  The site says "looks like your ID is expired", but it's not.  What do I do?  I tried looking for a contact feature but apparently the site doesn't want to be contacted.  Anyone have any idea how to get around an invalid response?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Corinne,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ccorleyjd
Community Member

Thank you.

ccorleyjd
Community Member

I have never heard from anyone, FYI.

Hello Corinne,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please try to re-upload your document again? If the problem still persists and you ran out of attemts to upload, can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the message displayed? Thank you!

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths