🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Tamjid,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have hit the limit of tries to verify my ID. Can someone from the support team help out? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamoun, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I went to submit my first proposal and it told me I needed to upload my ID. After uploading, it was not accepted and now I am unable to submit any proposals. It said I needed to contact customer support but I can't seem to get anywhere besides ask the community. The only issue I could think of is that I failed to include my middle name on my profile. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deborah, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Team,

Trying to upload my valid id in my profile already tried several times, so advise me to contact support for me to proceed. Appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Annaliza Mina

Hi Annaliza, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Still waiting on someone to reach out

I need to verify me ID but it states that all my attempts have failed. I don’t know what to do.

Hi,

I have apparently reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID after one attempt failed. Is there any way to reset this? I have been invited to interview for a job and would love to respond in a timely manner!

Thanks,

Sarita Douglas

I have tried to upload my ID and got this message, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. " 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Jessica,

this won't help you, but I have the same issue. Hopefully this gets resolved somehow.

Im tempted to call the corprate number but really wanted to try every way before that

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarita, Anniina and Jessica,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can i get my ID verifcation completed? I am new to up work and having real trouble with this. How can I talk with a real human in chat or a phone call?

Hello Trevor,

You may be asked to upload a government-issued ID to confirm your identity on Upwork. In most cases, we’ll be able to verify your identity within minutes. In other cases, we may need more information from you, or ask you to briefly video chat with an Upwork agent. We aim to respond to all inquiries within one business day.

Government ID Verification

Md Arafat

Hi Trevor,

Looks like you successfully verified your location, our agent has confirmed that on this support ticket

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

ed all my tried on my ID verification. TRied using the bot to video verify and won't send the email. I just really want to get to work. This seems to be the only way to get a hold of somebody. I'll do whatever I need to do to verify my ID and that I am me.

I’m trying the same thing with my cell phone and I can’t get past it. Maybe a system problem? My frustrated too! 

Why can I not directly contact a person, this is really troublesome. This whole situation is frustrating and I feel like this process needs to be evaluated by upwork and improved.

Hi Marie, Heather, Nikunj and Roberta,

I've shared your account information with our support team and our agent will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same here. I’ve had them reset my verification ID and I still run into the problem. The photo is from my iPhone that’s usually meets the requirements for photos.

I tried uploading my US License for ID verification and it failed. It is asking me to contact customer support and took me to this page.

I am having the same problem with no help yet.

Hi,

I am trying to upload my ID and it says I have had too many tries and it can't upload further. What do I do next?

Roberta Ajakaiye

Hello,

I need assistance uploading my drivers license. I've exceeded the number of submission times. Thank you.

I've uploaded four different pictures of my ID and each one continues to tell me that it can't read and verify my ID. It asks if I've got the right file type and file size, which I do.... any tips?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Devin and Sara,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sparke14
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Could you please have someone from the support team contact me as well? I need help moving through the verficiation process with uploading my license.

Thank you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaunna,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have been trying to verify . my identity but the photo I uploaded of my passport has been refused for an unknown reason and I now get the following message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."

What can I do to verify my identity and accept a pending job request? 

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lionel,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need someone with the control to review my ID verification.  I don't know what more to do as the rejection of my DL as my ID is confusing and all I want to do is to be able to work again.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silena, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am experiencing the same original issue:  I submitted my ID photo, was rejected, and a hold placed on my account.  Please help!

Hi everyone.
I tried to upload my ID, but I've reached the limit of attempts. Can someone please help me? Otherwise I won't be able to start working. Thank you

Hi Gaia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with verifying your location, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I  need help with the ID verification process.  It seems like I try too many times and at this point, I don't allow me anymore.   Try to contact support but I don't see any phone numbers.

Can someone give me some advice like how can I resolve this?  

Hi Maria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your location, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It says I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. I need to verify my ID.

Please help.

Roberta 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths