🐈
» Forums » Support » My account has been blocked
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779

Hi Mahendra,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9d8bba4d
Community Member

Hi there,

We recently opened an account here to hire freelancers. Unfortunately my account has been suspended and my job posting has been ended by Upwork. Identity is verified and so is my billing method. I would like to repost this job offer in order to receive proposals.

Thanks

Hi Hendric, It would be best to write support and resolve the issue. I could help you draft a compelling message but I don't know what the issue was. Here's Upwork support email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also, when resolved, you can make a quick stop at my profile and see if I can be of assistance to your work:https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0182906016caf8c804

Best!

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Hendric,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give your account concerns the attention they deserve. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
327db721
Community Member

Hello,

I attempted to make a payment, but it appears that my credit card was not authorized. I contacted the bank, and they authorized the payment; however, now my account is showing as limited. I updated the payment methods as suggested by the chat bot, but unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

I would like to inquire if there is anything I can do to resolve this situation.

Thank you.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Aldana,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in resolving the issue with your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
37107a04
Community Member

Hello, 

I am a brand new user to this website. I was prompted to enter a payment provider, so I added a credit card. I received a notification that the card could not be authorized and my account is now suspended. I have now added two other payment methods - Paypal and another credit card - both of which were successfully authorized by your system, but the hold has not been lifted and I am still being prompted to update my card.

Please explain to me why this continues to happen and how I can resolve it.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Daniel,

I shared your concern with our support team and raised a ticket to give your account concern the attention it deserves. Once your case is thoroughly reviewed, we'll have one of our team members reach out on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7528c3d3
Community Member

My account is on hold and clients cannot accpet the contract. Can someone help please?

Hi Precise,

I checked and I am unable to see any hold placed on your Upwork account. Could you please tell us about the error you get on the account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
e1687b38
Community Member

Hi, it says that my account has been permanently blocked, and financial transactions for my company have been limited. Now I can't activate the milestone for the client and the contract can't continue. Might you kindly advise me on how I should proceed?😣

Hi Bestqool,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1687b38
Community Member

I have added a new billing method, please check if the restriction has been removed.

Hi Bestqool,

I can see that you've also provided an update on your open ticket. Please allow time for our team to review it, and they will update you directly through the same ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
870002ab
Community Member

My upwork account has been suspended for the past 48 hours. I have appealed it because I believe I have not broken any rule that warranty the suspension so far. Kindly help look into it as soon as possible. Thanks

Hi Ololade,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zainhassan204
Community Member

Hi, my profile has been restricted since april 7. Same day, I did all what Upwork team asked me to. 

Here's the ticket: #46474652

I'm not getting any status update on this ticket now. No one is replying. Is there a way, I can directly talk with an customer agent to resolve this asap? 

Hi Zain,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team that will be assisting you with this, and they've followed up with you through your ticket with an update. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
976650b6
Community Member

i have make an indvisual account on up work but when i post a job it gave me a message that "your company got suspened" and i can't move forward 

please slove this problem 

Hi Sam,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see that the team contacted you via a support ticket with more information about your account status, and you've responded to them recently. Kindly allow more time for them to review and continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8e6b7a12
Community Member

Hello, community. When I give an offer to my new employer, it turns out to be that she can not accept it because my account is on a hold. Can anyone help this

8e6b7a12_0-1713262569261.png

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Feel free to follow up with our team directly on your ticket and they will be happy to help. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
40b8f8ee
Community Member

Hi, When I try to my account it says:"We're sorry, your account has been locked because we’ve suspended operations in Russia and Belarus". Actually I am not located in the specified countries. How can I reactivate my account?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Gurban,

I see that you've raised a support ticket about your account concerns. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
84d92a9b
Community Member

Hello, I badly need help. My account has been temporarily suspended and i don't know why. My financial transactions have also been limited.

Upwork says check my email for additional information yet there have sent to emails regarding my suspension. I have contacted customer support almost a week ago and still no response from them about my account. I do not even know why I got suspened.

I badly need to withdraw my funds since this is my main income. What can I do?

Hi Kim,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, my ticket:  #46553434 has been created almost a week ago and I have followed up for 3 days straight now but still no response.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
84d92a9b
Community Member

Hello, it has been more than a week and I stil haven't heard anything back. No email, no follow up, no response from my support ticket. Please help.

Hello, my ticket number is #46553434. There still has been no response, please help me.

911891bf
Community Member

Dear All,

My account went to temporary suspension state. 

I verfified everything and Upwork accepts all and send me congratulations email.

But still the same notice is appearing into my account and get paid is also suspended.

Any recommendation ?

Regards

Hi Hafiz,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
541ffb62
Community Member

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your account where you're unable to submit proposals due to a suspension message, but customer support has confirmed that your account is not suspended. This could indeed be a technical issue. I would recommend trying the following steps:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try again. Make sure you're using a supported browser.
2. Check if the issue persists on a different network or internet connection.
3. Try using a different device to access your account.
4. If the problem remains unresolved, you may want to contact customer support again, providing detailed information about the issue, including the steps you've taken and any error messages you encounter.

By following these steps, you should be able to narrow down the problem and hopefully find a solution. Remember, it's essential to be patient and persistent when dealing with technical issues, as they can sometimes be complex and require a systematic approach to resolve.

Stay Safe, Stay Secure 🙂

35e7f6f9
Community Member

Hello Upwork community members,Hope you are doing well. I created another fake community account because I am not getting response from customer support. As the matter is solved, I will delete this account.  I am very much worried about my account status because I am not getting any response from 12 days. After completing hourly project , Client gave me 5 star review, But on the next day he is asking for refund. Upwork blocked my account. I submitted an appeal for account suspension with following id 46427104 but upwork members marked it as solved without any response. After that I created 2nd ticket for account suspension but still I did not get any response . I had been 6 days since I submitted my 2nd appeal but I am not getting any single reply. Please give me a response.

The Dispute case is now solved with my client. Please remove the restrictions from my account. Please give me an update. Thanks

Hi Mehak,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
35e7f6f9
Community Member

It had almost 20 days passed away but I am not getting a single response from upwork customer support. The dispute has been solved now with my client. Please remove the restrictions from my account.,

35e7f6f9
Community Member

Thanks for your response.

Group Conversation: Dispute Case for Contract ID # 35333161

This case has been solved with my client but still I am unable to get my account back.

vitaliy-kuzmich
Community Member

Hi, my account has been deactivated. It is not my problem that I did not have any clients for more then a year. Honestly there are no "good" clients anymore on upwork, only scammers.

Hi Vitaliy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that our team can assist you with your account status. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4b43cbdd
Community Member

Hi I had a billing issue previously, and I paid the amount due, but my account is still suspended. I tried creating a new account but that account got suspended and now redirects to the first account I made.

Can someone please review my account?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths