🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779

Hi Khushal, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2635b063
Community Member

My account was suspended and I was told by chat support, I also did not receive any email stating why. Does Upwork inform the client when your profile is suspended?? I started a new role yesterday and I was just trying to verify my ID. I do not want to lose the job

Hi Joy,

I see a couple of support tickets about your account concerns have been raised. Please be aware that the support team addresses tickets in the order they were received. We highly suggest that you continue coordinating with the team through a single active ticket on this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
02f791d3
Community Member

Hello,

My account has been suspended and I just got my first job contract there and even.. 

This is my first account and you can even check my profile I have uploaded everything. I believe this is a mistake. This is the correct account that belongs to me. I struggled so much and worked hard to get my first job but the account is suspended. Please help me.  This is the only source of income that I have right now.

I am willing to do any kind of verification to prove my identity and that it's my real account.

Hello,

I'm lade from Nigeria and my account has been suspended for awhile now due to my billing method been declined even after recently adding a new one. I sent an email updating my billing method as well. I havent been able to apply for jobs or anything. Pls help me solve this.

Hi Lade,

I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Chidera,

Thank you for your message. I see that you will need to complete an additional step to verify your location. You can initiate the location verification process from this link

- Pradeep

Upwork
83de618f
Community Member

Hi 

I created upwork client account and I try to post a job but unfortunately you suspended it

Please help me on it 

Hi Salami,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that the relevant team has already initiated a notification to you via a support ticket regarding the same matter and shared the next steps to resolve the issue. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
fc98e556
Community Member

I am facing an issue with this error. I just created my account today as after verifying my email and phone number followed by submitting a identity verification request when i tried to post a job this error persisted the same error was faced by me in an another which was ultimately closed by me . So please could any one tell me my account is suspended or how can i solve thisScreenshot 2024-04-25 215203.png

Hi Udheypartap,

I see the team has responded to the support ticket you raised with more information and instructions in resolving the issue with your account. You may visit the ticket and coordinate with the team on this page or your email. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5c3bb217
Community Member

Hi, 
Just after creating my Upwork account and I tried to post my first job and This is the message I get: "We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support ..."
Can someone please help me with this issue?
Thanks 🙂

Hi Ugwunna,

I took a closer look and confirmed that you still need to verify your identity to fully activate your account. Please refer to the email the appropriate team has sent you with more information and instructions for completing the process. You may also visit the support ticket linked to your case on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1197acf1
Community Member

Hi,

Could you please guide me on how to fix the account restriction caution that I am currently facing?

Hi Muhammad,

I've escalated your account concerns directly to the team handling your case. We'll have one of the team members reach out via email and support ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7cb98f64
Community Member

Please help

Hi Deks,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked your account and it appears that your account is already restored now.  If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork
f9586914
Community Member

My account has been suspended with financial restriction, I had my id verified but the restriction is still on. no reasons for the restriction was stated.

Hi Peace,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7ec93e5e
Community Member

Hi, I just signed up to upwork, added payment details, address, phone, verification, etc. and tried to post a job.  I also contacted some possible suppliers.  However, the job post is no longer live and I cannot send messages,  It says that my 'company has been suspended'.  Have been trying to understand what's wrong.  Appreciate any help.  

Hi Jose,

I see that the relevant team has contacted you via a support ticket with more information about your account status. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab385780
Community Member

I have a ticket that has been opened for 2 weeks now regarding verfiying my ID (again for the 2nd time). I provided all information and there has been literally NO answer from anyone since then. i cannot use my account, I cannot withdraw my balance, nothing.

I am not sure what is going on, I reached out to support literally once a day for the last week and no help.

What can I even do?

Hello Eduard ! I'm having the same issue ;/

Hi Eduard and Paola,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account and the trouble reaching our support. 

Eduard, I checked your account and followed up with the team handling your request. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Paola, I checked your account and it appears that your document submission is under review. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update their account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
925a5209
Community Member

1. After changed the Name without notice UpWork Hold my account. 

2. I can't add billing method.

Hi Saied,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
659f8c0e
Community Member

Hello, I am deeply disappointed in the upwork. After two years of working on this platform, your team suspended my account in 2 days.

I received a request to confirm my identity where I took a picture of my passport, and where I submitted 3 receipts (2 pdf, 1 picture).

The answers from the upwork team were 24 hours apart, although I wrote in almost every message that I was ready to go for video identification, the answers were as if they were automatically created and each of my requests was avoided.

I have struggled for a long time to create a profile and get to this stage where I have over 40 completed jobs with a 100% profile rating.

I wouldn't be so upset if I did any fraud or broke any rules here, I was honest and fair all the time. My profile was blocked during this identification and some clients thought that I had cheated them because I had active contracts that were not yet completed.

Again, I am asking someone from the admin team to send me a live contact so that we can do a video verification and solve this rproblem. I don't know why, but it seemed to me that you deliberately wanted to shut down my profile, whatever I submitted or wrote.

If it stays on this after all, I would like to be allowed access to the profile just so I can withdraw the funds I had earned and delete my profile.

I hope someone from the team will send a private message and share their live chat contact so we can sort this out somehow.

All the best

Hi there,

I'm sorry to learn about your account status. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
659f8c0e
Community Member

Thanks for reply LuiggiR, the problem is that they blocked my account so I cant even login to create a ticket or anything more.

Is there any available for example skype contact from admin team so I can pass it with video verification, I belive it should be easy as it can take 2-3minutes and it can solve this problem?

To clarify, the ticket was raised through the account you are using to post. There's no need to worry; you will be able to communicate with the team normally through the ticket. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
729c9adb
Community Member

I registered a card before and it was rejected, then once again i registered another one and that was accepted correctly. but my account is still suspended and I am not able to do anything, I am not able to apply to any job and I am not sure if anyone can message me because I have an active proposal 

I hope the problem gets fixed as soon as possible

Thank you for your service 

Pia

Hi Pia,

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7cf7a73
Community Member

Hi, I am new with Upwork.

I have fixed my payment/billing method by updating, remove and reupdating once again.

Still with the same error: We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold.

Please advise

Hi Rois,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cce0e483
Community Member

Hi there,
I'm facing an issue that I tried to post a job for a service but it shows "We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

Can you please tell me why it is happening? And How can I solve it?

Thanks

Hi Mehedi, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account status. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to follow up with our team on your ticket, and the team will be happy to help. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5312e105
Community Member

Hi
As a developer of Upwork, I have been working with clients on upwork.
Recently, I received a message stating that my account had been blocked and was asked to verify my ID.
After successfully completing the ID verification process, I received a confirmation that my ID had been verified.
However, upon trying to access my account, I received the same message stating that it had been blocked. I reported this issue to the Upwork support team, who informed me that my account had been permanently suspended.
I am truly disappointed and still confused by the conflicting messages from the Upwork team.

1.JPG2.JPG
Can you provide clarification on why my account was blocked despite completing the ID verification process?
Thank you.

Hi Gabriel,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. It appears that you are posting this from a new account. Due to this, I am unable to check and assist you with the information related to the account you are referring to. You have the option to respond to the same notification to connect with the relevant team directly if you have additional questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your message.
I couldn't log in to my account, so I had to create a new account to post an issue.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a73e95d98a4e6dc1?viewMode=1
This is my Upwork account email with suspension issue.
Please solve this problem.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for letting us know. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths