🐈
» Forums » Support » Account suspended
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917

Want to speak to anyone employee at Upwork
Why team Upwork is not responding to me? I have received this mail **Edited for Community Guidelines**to reply to her ticket to confirm that I have reviewed and understood the TOS of Upwork and I shall follow them in future.
I have replied to her but too many hours has gone neither she nor anyone else is responsible to me. Atleast I'm a human being. Please talk to me and restore my account. I have read and reviewed the TOS of Upwork and will never violate them in future. Here are the screenshots of mail received from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I kept waiting for hours and hours atleast consider me a human and reply to me and ask **Edited for Community Guidelines**to restore my account.

Hi Muhammad, 

Rest assusred, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly on your ticket. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok Goran brother
I'm waiting. Thank you so much

My account has been suspended and I have been asked to verify my identity again by sending your government issued valid ID and bank statement.
I have sent them both of the things.
Would my account be restored?
Please help out me

Hi Muhammad,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket. Kindly check the ticket out for the list of acceptable documents and in case you have any questions, please post them there directly so the team can continue assisting you.

Please note that it is a violation of the Upwork Community Guidelines posting the same content on different threads/boards as it is considered spamming. Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much that you have informed me this. I didn't know that this
is the violation of community guidelines to post same problem again and
again otherwise I would have not posted twice. Like you have informed me
and now I won't do this again.
However I have posted my bank statement right now, please ask them to
review my given document for a while. Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow a bit more time for the team to review your case and follow up directly with you. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
6a03edb3
Community Member

I am new on the platform my account was suspended ok until then I received an email asking for some documents as it was from the platform I trust, but I reached a stage where it asks (expiration date of my documents) but the Brazilian ID by law does not expire what should I do?

Hi Reginaldo,

Kindly consider following up on your ticket directly with this information, so that we can have everything in one place and the team can better assist you with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
62ee56e0
Community Member

Hi Everyone My Upwork Account has been suspended due to irregular activity from client on my upwork account. I don't know what to do? I contacted support and not getting any reply.

Hi Syed,

I can see that you've replied to the communication you received from the team today. Note that they respond to tickets in the order they are received, rest assured they'll get back to you soon. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Fajar,

Thank you for contacting us. I see that the relevant team notified you via a support ticket here with a link to complete ID verification. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also reply to your support ticket directly from your registered email address. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm also experiencing the same problem, there is no link for identity verification, please follow up

Fajar A wrote:

I'm also experiencing the same problem, there is no link for identity verification, please follow up

What a problem! Which of the two will do the identity verification?

22692bb9
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to log in I get this "Oops! Username is incorrect." message.
Can you please tell me if my account is suspended or not? I am not sure why I am getting this error message?

Almost a week ago, I received an account suspension notification and I sent all of my required documents already and I am pretty much sure that I haven't done anything wrong or consumed your privacy policies. I am created this new account to create this topic for my original account.

Please help me!

Kind regards,
Ozan Özyranci

Hi Ozan,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles logging in. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Ozan O,

Your account can be suspended for excessive application and maybe you have missed Upwork guidelines.

Now you have created a new account, it will be easy to find that you have got your own solution for Upwork support. When you got the suspended notification then you can submit a ticket. Then Upwork support team could give future directions on what you will do for the next.

You have created a new account then it will be very hard to recover your previous account. It's my opinion.

Thanks,

Arifur R.

Mohammad Arifur R wrote:

Hi Ozan O,

Your account can be suspended for excessive application and maybe you have missed Upwork guidelines.

Now you have created a new account, it will be easy to find that you have got your own solution for Upwork support. When you got the suspended notification then you can submit a ticket. Then Upwork support team could give future directions on what you will do for the next.

You have created a new account then it will be very hard to recover your previous account. It's my opinion.

Thanks,

Arifur R.

Not so. He can't create more than one account, so the new one has to be closed and the old one reinstated with the help of support. It's also not true that accounts are suspended for excessive proposal sending. That was years ago when they were free. Giving wrong advice is less that helpful and contributes to the endless confusion we encounter here so often. 

8aa0757d
Community Member

Hi! My name's Alexander

21.08.28 I successfully verified my account with my passport and video call.
21.08.29 I've got the email, that my account is ON HOLD because of "irregular activity". 

And asked me to send one more ID DOCUMENT and some bills for my apartment IN 5 DAYS.

21.08.30 On the UpWork site I found out that my account is suspended.

I have already sent photos of all documents I've ever had to Customer Support,

BUT did not get any answer...  Request #32520888

I can't just leave it because I have an active contract and I need to track time and get money for that.

PLEASE, HELP 

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry to hear about your account suspension. I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket with more information. Please refer to the ticket and in case you have any questions, you can post them there directly so the team can continue assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've got an answer that I should complete the document submission process before they review my documents. I submitted my passport and utility bill

I did it hour ago. Now waiting..

Hi Olexander,

The team will continue assisting you directly with your support ticket. Please allow more time for an update as the team replies to the tickets in the order they were received. Once they reply, you'll be notified about it!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've got the next answer :"We wanted to let you know that we have received your request and are currently looking into this for you. Please feel free to update this request at any time with any additional information that you feel would be useful.

If you do not get a response after 24-48 hours, please feel free to follow up with us."

But, I don't know what is "additional information" that can be useful...(
And I have no time to wait 48 hours again because my client is waiting for me to start my work tomorrow and I will need to track my time.
I wrote the same in my answer 4 hours ago..

Hi Olexander,

I understand your urgency with this, but the team still needs to take some time to review all aspects of your account. Once they do, you'll be notified about it right away! I also followed up with them and one of our agents already provided an update. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It’s been almost 24 hours and I received another answer from the fourth support team player:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I sent more additional documents:
1. Referal for my hospitalization that contains my name and current address;

2. Agreement with my bank (Privatbank) about my credit card that also contains my name, address, and Ukrainian passport information.

I hope that will help.

zeeshanaziz881
Community Member

Hello, 

My account was suspended becuause of a project I took where I needed to edit a PDF file. I didn't realise that it may come under fraudulent services. I got a ticket and after reviewing the TOS again, I have replied to that ticket. 

How much time it can take to get a response on that from the team?

Regards

Hi Zeeshan,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,
Thank you for replying. My account is reactivated and I have some queries regarding the contract I was working on which caused my account to get suspend. The contract is put to hold.

1. Should I contact the client? 
  2. Will I get paid for it?
  3. Will it affect my JSS if I leave it as it is  without completing it? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Zeeshan, if there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Learn more here.

~Andrea
Upwork
levchenkx
Community Member

Good day to the Upwork community. My account has been suspended. I would gladly provide information. But some of my colleagues after such a letter lost their accounts, since the data didn't fit the upwork. Could you clarify whether a photo of a Russian local passport and utility bill for you? Both documents are in Russian.

Hi Dmitriy,

If you have any questions about our team's request please reply to them directly on your support ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
22aabb41
Community Member

Hi,

Today I verified my account successfully on Upwork but when I log in now there's a notification on top that "Your account has been suspended" and I didn't get any notification or email from Upwork. I don't know what happened please guide me?

Thank you

Fahad.

nondon
Community Member

Hello Fahad, 

Good day. It's better you contact Upwork Support. 

Upwork Support system is good and effective. I hope, you might get a better solution with this.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
22aabb41
Community Member

Hi,

When will I get a reply from them, I didn't receive an email from them?

Fahad.

Hi Muhammad,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

All right!

Thank you.

Fahad.

e7a97cdd
Community Member

Hello,

I Just created my Upwork account 2days ago and I logged in today only to see that my account has been suspended. I don't know what went wrong.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdulsalam,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
indika252
Community Member

when my id verification my account is suspended now, how can i fix this,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths