🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Live Chat
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149

Hi Eziolisa,

I'm sorry you're having trouble withdrawing your funds. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kareegya_jsh
Community Member

I'm writing this email to inquire about my payment not being received at my bank account. I had withdrawn $314.55 on September 2, 2023 but it is still not showing on my bank statement. My reference id is 615852959. 

I have recently moved to the United States from Nepal and after I created a bank account here, I had changed my payment withdrawal method, and requested the money I had to be transferred here. 

I hope to hear suggestions to solve my problem from you all.
Thank you.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karigya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please remember that Direct-to-local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if, after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

In the meantime, feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4befeed1
Community Member

Hi,

I requested for payment withdrawal from my upwork account two days ago. Direct Transfer to Local bank.

After request, I received an email that my amount has been processed but it's been around 2 days and still I haven't received amount in my bank.

In my previous withdrawal, it usually took only 30-60 minutes but now it's been more than a day.

I have already checked with my bank and there is no delay from their side.

Kindly look into this at earliest.

josephjohn_78
Community Member

josephjohn_78_0-1694569100448.png

I don't know what is going on.. Anyone else received anything like that from the support? I have submitted the ID copies and after that no update from Upwork.

Hi community,

Top Rated Plus freelancer here. I withdrew my payment on last Friday. And it usually gets processed within few hours and the payment will be in my local bank account after 3-4 hours. But, my last withdrawal haven't been processed yet. Is there anyone facing the same issue or am I the only one?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joseph,

I can confirm that it's our compliance team that sent you the notification about the action that needs to be taken on your account. We recommend you continue coordinating with the team through that email or this ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have already submitted the documents and ID copies to the verification link the compliance team provided and even let them know about it. After that, no update from them.

I can't believe the fact that my hard earned money is stuck in the middle of nowhere that too not because of my fault. It's been almost one week now.. 😥

It might be the payment method they are using. I used to get my money on the same day I withdrew it last year but during exactly december 21 last yr, the money I withdrew did not get into my account on the time I am expecting it to be. I received the payment processed email several hours after withdrawing it and received the payment on Monday. I asked the support and they confirmed that they transferred me to the new payment method/form that's why that happened. Check your bank transaction after this, the payment method I was transferred to was through Bizlink, if it is the same as yours then you will receive your payments every Monday from then on.

e1282104
Community Member

hello, I made a withdrawal from my Upwork account to direct to my local bank 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't received my money, pls I need help, to know what the problem is.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Testimony,

I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received your funds. However, I see that you've been communicating with our support team about your concern, and a support ticket was raised. We suggest you continue coordinating with the team through that ticket and your email so that the team can assist you accordingly with tracing your funds. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmer321
Community Member

Hi angelo 
I have recently add local bank account information to withdrawl my fund the Iban number i have entered is bank official iban number instead of generate iban number with my account and when i click get paid so how can i get money in my account is this transaction fail or what? Kindly answer

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
josephjohn_78
Community Member

It's been over 11 days since I withdrew my payment. How long should I need to wait? All CC team did was opened a ticket by themself, closed the original ticket and asked me to send the ID copies to verify my identity. I got the reply saying that my IDs are verified. Now, what?

I guess I need to PAUSE working and let the clients know what is going on.

To be very honest, I DO NOT want to work for free. What is the point of working if I can get my hard earned money in my bank account even after 11 days? This is really bad follow up from Upwork. 👎

Request #42593603

Hi Joseph,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I withdrew my payment to my bank account 11 days ago. Being a Top Rated Plus contractor, I usually get the confirmation email after a few hours and payment should be credited to the account after 3-4 hours. But, this time, I haven’t received my payment even after couple of days. Then, I contacted the customer care to get an update. They replied back to me after 2 days saying that the bank required my ID copies to verify it which is weird to me. Why should bank need my ID copies?  I submitted my ID copies and after 1 day, I received an email saying that I am verified, and I can apply for jobs now? Really? Am I a newly registered contractor to get verified and start applying for jobs? I got an update in the ticket stating the same thing. Then, I got another update 2 hours stating that it was a mistake and my details are forwarded to the payment section. NO updates after that.

My question is should I PAUSE working and let the client know what is going on? Honestly, I DO NOT want to work for free and wait for 11+ days after withdrawing my hard-earned money. I am working in mission critical positions, and I cannot stop working. My clients don’t have any problems moving to another platform and continue working.

If I don’t get any “real updates” from Upwork in the next couple of days, I am done.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'd be furious.
You will for sure get your money, it's a matter of time.
I've seen some freelancers complaining about the lack of resposiveness regarding customer service lately.
Let's add this to the ongoing list of cons....

That is the problem. I have been working with Upwork since 2012 when It used to be oDesk. Contacting CC and opening a ticket was a seamless process and solutions were also quick. Now, it is such a pain in the neck to even get to the “submit ticket” section.

Seriously, I am tired of this platform  so as my long-term clients.

bd628e1b
Community Member

Hello,

Because I'm new on Upwork and I don't have much experience, I would like you to help me with something, please. Last Friday, on September 15, I made a request for a withdrawal through my local bank (which is outside the USA). I want to ask, will the money arrive this week?

I don't want to wait even 8 days until my money arrives. Can this be solved somehow? I was thinking that maybe I can cancel the withdrawal and use PayPal where the transfer takes up to 24 hours, from what I've read.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me find a method to get this money faster. I didn't expect it to last that long (plus I waited another 5 days to be able to use the withdrawal)

Thank you,

Bogdan

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled whether it is manual or automatic. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues with the bank account, the funds will be returned to Upwork and once this has happened, rest assured that we will immediately credit the funds to your account.

Funds can arrive in your local bank in less than eight business days, but should you not receive them anytime soon, remember that the maximum days of processing is eight business days. After that, we can initiate a trace to track the funds and have them transferred to your account as soon as possible. 

I also checked on your account and can confirm that the transaction as successful on our end. Feel free to reach out if you still don't receive the funds after eight business days.

~ AJ
Upwork
emzee_design
Community Member

Hi there,

Today I received payments from Upwork, but Wise blocked it with a verification that is buggy, and uncompletable for me for some reason (I click continue and it says failed to save data). Although I have been using it for like 5 years now. So I chose to cancel the incoming funds.

I'd like Upwork to check if they received the refunds back from WIse so they can credit it back to my Upwork account. Please help me. Thanks!

It will be accounted to your Upwork balance asap as rejected\returned by Wise. No your action needed.

That will be nice. I opened a ticket just to be safe. Thanks.

bibiana-ramos
Community Member

Good morning, please I request your help, on Wednesday I made the collection of my weekly payment to my local bank, and now it has not been received to my bank account, I called my bank and they tell me that no money is reflected, I checked the movement from my profile in upwprk and the request for my payment was made at 1 am and the transaction was approved at 1 pm in upwork, 12 hours passed in these movements, and since then I have not received the money to my local bank, they are asking me the tracking number to locate my money. please help me

Hi Bibiana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if, after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ AJ
Upwork
0471fe5a
Community Member

Hello 

i am facing a problem while withdrawing my funds its my 1st time doing this ,but whenever i withdraw its gives a error that withdrawal rejected to your local bank i have attached the screenshot as well .

i have tried both my id card and passport number but its still rejecting.i will appreciate the help if anyone has faced this .

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
dovile_kacer
Community Member

Hello, I made a mistake in my IBAN number and the money is already transfered. Should I wait 8-10 days for money go back to UpWork account and then change/correct my payment method? Or Should I do something more? Thank you.

Hi Dovile,

Yes, we are unable to stop or reverse the in-process transaction. In case of incorrect details, the funds will be automatically reversed to your Upwork account within 8 business days. If you do not see funds in your bank account or Upwork account after eight business days, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you further. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I wanted to send to: 8313600279

But I have mistakenly sent amount from upwork to wrong wise account: ending with 2539

Ref ID: 658372477

Jan 22, 2024

ACH ending with 2539

How can I refund recent payment from wise to upwork? Please guide me. Thankyou.

Regards,

Taha Gondal

Hi Taha,

We are unable to stop or reverse the fund withdrawal initiated on your Upwork account. If the details are invalid, your funds will be automatically reversed to your Upwork account after 8 business days. Feel free to message us if do not see the funds in your account after 8 business days. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
72812dc5
Community Member

Hi, 

I have requested for payments withdrawal in my local bank account on 16 September, 2023. I didn't receive my payments for 9 days. I am requesting to you please trace my payments of last withdrawal.

Regards:

Gul Hassan 

saidurkhlbd
Community Member

Hello,

Upwork informed me- that my payment has been processed but I did not get payment in my local bank account yet. Please hlp me. 

saidurkhlbd_0-1696206686102.png

Hi Md Sayedur,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork
mudaliar-vaish
Community Member

Hello everyone, about a month back, I tried to perform a withdrawal request through my upwork account, but the funds have not been deposited to my local bank account, is there a way to track the process? Please let me know

Hi Vaishnavi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
12e29f3b
Community Member

Couldnt able to withdraw my funds to my bank, but bank is working good and upwork didnt give my full fund recredit, it says bank rejected but my bank is working good upwork charged me twice the withdrawal fees.

Hi Saipriyaan,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble initiating a fund withdrawal. I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
abdullahsart
Community Member

This is my reference number for the transactions 627965765 and 628058165. Please do something about it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths