🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149
79a7b916
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm quite new to Upwork so forgive me if this question is nuanced. I'm going to provide some context prior to asking my question. I was to receive my second direct payment transfer today (January 31) after receiving my first direct transfer on January 24. On January 30, I received an email from Upwork advising that my local direct payment has been initiated to my bank. This email arrived 11:50pm EST. I have yet to received an email from Upwork advising that the payment was processed, yet when I checked my pending earnings, I can see that the payment was potentially sent to my bank account.

This situation is different from my first payment that was received last week. On January 23, I received the initiated payment email and processed email within a half hour of one another and I received payment to my account within the early hours in January 24. I'm very nervous about this payment as mentioned earlier, I can see that payment was sent to my bank account (which tells me the payment was processed), but I have not yet received payment. Can someone from Upwork enlighten me and put my worries at ease? I'm feeling quite anxious about this. 

Hello Lisa,

I'm sorry if this was confusing. Upon checking your account, I can confirm that your most recent withdrawal has been successfully processed on our end. Although I understand you received your transfer from January 24 relatively quickly, Direct to Local Bank payments can take up to seven business days to arrive at your bank. 

There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If after eight business days you still haven't received your payment, you can contact us again and we'll gladly assist you further. Feel free to check this article to read more about the timings and fees tied to these kinds of payments. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aliiqbalkhan98
Community Member

Hello,

Today my payment was processed around 4 hours ago and I received an email of payment processing like usual. However, the payment has not been reflected in my bank account till now. Usually, the payment falls into my bank account the moment I receive the email regarding it being processed.

Is anyone else facing the same issue today?

Hi Ali,

I checked the fund withdrawal you are referring to and can confirm the transaction was initiated successfully. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cordero-heidie
Community Member

Hi 

I would like to ask help from upwork support about a withdrawal that was sent to my card and has not reflected yet. It's my union bank card. I thought it will take minutes only.

Hi Heidie,

I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received your withdrawn payments. I can see that you withdrew your earnings through Direct to Local Bank and can confirm that it was successful on our end. 

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Is there a way to cancel that withdrawal because to begin with it's not supposed to go through as I have tried cancelling it but still went through. Are you still able to reverse it somehow? 

Hi Heidie 

I'm afraid that once the withdrawal is initiated, we can't cancel it. If there are any issues with your bank account, the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. Please let us know if the funds are still not reflected in your account after eight business days so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
069cc2a0
Community Member

Why are direct to local bank arrivel's so unpredictable?

Why is it so unpredictable when we receive funds into our bank account when money has clearly been processed on a Saturday for direct to local bank in the UK?

Today my money was available. I withdrew it, receive the, 'funds processed' email, but it still hasn't gone in my bank?

This doesn't make any sense because it is transferred via the faster payments method which should only takes seconds from one UK bank to another?

A Saturday in the UK is the same as a working day.

I never understand this.

If I withdraw sometimes it goes into my bank within the hour, sometimes 7 hours later and sometimes the following day.

So my question is why is the timings always all over the place and so unpredictable?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I checked the transaction you're referring to and confirmed that it was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
069cc2a0
Community Member

Hi Ajay, thank you for getting back to me. I have received it now...😁

14c116ce
Community Member

Dear Support Team,

I am reaching out to follow up on case #44968194. Despite successfully verifying my ID, I have not seen the credited payment in my local bank account. I initiated the withdrawal process on January 8, and unfortunately, as of now, the funds have not been received.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in investigating this matter promptly. Your swift response and support in resolving this issue are highly valued. Thank you.

Best regards,

Saleem

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saleem,

We certainly understand how important for this withdrawal issue with your account to be resolved as soon as possible. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case to give your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update on this page from one of the team members momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8e30be1e
Community Member

Now I am stuck I transfer 324 US dollars to my local bank account which only accepts Tunisian dinars. The money didn't arrive to my account here

Hi Amira,

I want to clarify that Direct to Local Bank payments can take up to seven business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d6c7ae79
Community Member

I withdraw my money earlier today from Upwork to bpi, not still it have not been appear in my funds yet. I need help, need the money asap

Hi Erlinda,

I checked the fund withdrawal you are referring to and can confirm that your fund withdrawal was successfully initiated on your Upwork account. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I asked Upwork for withdrawal in my funds yesterday, and they sent me a message "Account need more information" and I fill up the link that they sent to me, can someone please enlighten me, what will happen, and what will happen to my salary, because i checked my Upwork "get paid" and there's no transaction history even though I requested a withdrawal, would I still receive the money, please help me, I need the money fr🥺

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9b965c5a
Community Member

Hello,

Ever since I have been a member of a freelancer plus, I can withdraw my money on Friday 7-8 AM GMT+7, however as of today, I withdrew my payment at 8 am GMT+7 and it hasn't been reflected in my bank account. Usually it takes only 7 hours, and I already received Upwork's email confirmation 2 hours from the time I took withdrawal action. 

Please provide feedback. Thanks

yofazza
Community Member

Today is a public holiday in your country.

And in any case, Upwork won't initiate any tracking until 8 business days have passed.

3902ab7a
Community Member

I tried paying an agency but payment keeps getting failed. I tried different payment methods and 4 different cards but the payment was still declined. Upwork deducts the payment but suddenly returns it. I have contacted support and they gave me vague answer of checking my billing information which is correct and verified by my bank. I have contacted my bank multiple times, but they said upwork is returning or stopping payments. Please let me know a solution for this and a viable payment option.

Thanks 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble paying on Upwork. It can be super frustrating, especially when you need to pay an agency for their hard work. 😞

There could be a few reasons why your payment isn't going through. Here are some possibilities:

- Your payment method might not be supported by Upwork. They accept credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers. If you're using something different like a prepaid card or gift card, it might not work. 

- Your payment method might be low on funds, expired, or blocked by your bank or card issuer. Make sure to check the balance, validity, and status of your payment method. You should also reach out to your bank or card issuer to make sure they're not blocking the payment for any reason.

- If you haven't verified your payment method on Upwork yet, that could be the issue. They require verification before you can use it to pay.

- Upwork's security system might have flagged your payment as suspicious or risky. This happens sometimes to prevent fraud. It could be due to unusual payment patterns, high-risk payment methods, or mismatched billing information.

If none of these reasons apply to your situation or you've already tried to resolve them, don't worry! You can reach out to Upwork's customer support again and provide them with more details about your payment issue. Make sure to include the date, time, amount, currency, payment method, error message, and any screenshots or relevant information.

Their support team will investigate and try to find a solution for you as quickly as possible. They might need more info or verification steps, so be prepared for that.

I hope this helps you understand what might be going wrong and how to fix it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. 🙏

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm here to help! 😊
1e4317dc
Community Member

I withdrew a balance of$47.18on 11.02.2024 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should I do right now. Pease help. Thank you so much as I await your response. 

Hi Monisola,

Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to seven business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d4b24f86
Community Member

Hello ! Hello, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm new to UpWork and recently had my first contract and payment, but I have an issue. The payment was supposed to be sent to me, but it hasn't been credited to my bank account.

I need help, thank you very much.

Hi Franco,

Hi FIRSTNAME, please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d4b24f86
Community Member

Hello Joanne, the issue here is that according to the payment report, the money is being sent to me in Argentine pesos (ARS), and my own account on Upwork is in dollars (USD). Money in ARS cannot be transferred to a USD account, so I won't receive my payment. I've now changed the default method and set up PayPal to receive my payments. It would be better if that money could be sent to my PayPal account in USD. Can this be resolved? Thank you very much.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Franco,

Arjay here stepping in for Joanne. Unfortunately, since the transaction has been initiated yet alone been processed successfully, we can no longer intercept or cancel. As Joanne mentioned, if the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a5d85d6c
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

8277b6e9
Community Member

Hi support, 

I have requested a withdrawal on 7 Feb, 2024 and it has been 9 days and I didn't receive any money on my bank account. Please assist. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eila,

checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8277b6e9
Community Member

It has already been 10 days. Please initiate a trace. 

Hi Eila,

Please know that business doesn't include weekends. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8277b6e9
Community Member

Yes it is more than 8 days, in fact 10 days as I mentioned several times before. 

I have initiated withdrawal on 7 February from India. 

Eila, I'm sorry you haven't received your funds yet. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8277b6e9
Community Member

Thank you

muhammadsaqib001
Community Member

Hi There, I had withdraw the payment to my local bank in Pakistan at Feb 9, 2024 but yet I didn't receive my payment. Please help me if someone can. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds yet. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
332287fd
Community Member

I got the email the " payment confirmation" email but not the email that says " Your payment has been processed" and have not got the money in my bank account yet. Could you please let me know when this will be processed? ‌‌

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths