🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149

Hello Nikola, 

Same issue for me and no one has responded to my request for support. No bank holidays in Italy so I don't understand why I have yet to receive my earnings released last Friday. 

Regardless of the amount, this is unacceptable.

Thanks for your consideration.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Potatoes for Christmas, this kind of a delay has not happened in 3 years of working on upwork.

Destination - Romania

Withdrawal date Dec 21st

Usual arrival time - next business day

Hi Nikola and sorry to bother.

When this issue started? I mean the last transfer i made was last November 24 and i didn't had any problem. Did it started after? If it did what is UW doing about this? Please notice that besides the five days the payment stays on pending after approval you'll need to add 15 days according to João Z. plus 3 days until it's available... That's a no no for freelancers in the EU.

Is it possible to explain a bit better how this currently works?

There is a lot of confusion right now, Nikola posted in April. This issue started with last week's payments for the majority of the people. I make a withdrawal every Friday and I have the funds available in my account by Monday morning. My last withdrawal was Friday the 15th of December, and no money in my bank account so far. There's a big problem when older threads are mixed with new ones. 

7f246dd5
Community Member

What a load of cr_p this has never been the time frame for me and what I can see alot of other people you all mark it as solved but it most certainly has not been solved what are you people doing with our payments 

05c37b42
Community Member

I submitted payment withdrawal on March 18, then on March 19 I received a mail stating my payment is being processed and that it will arrive at my local bank between the date of 21 to 25 of March. And this is March 27 I still haven't received any payments in my local bank. It's more than 8 business days already, can you assist with that. 

0495267e
Community Member

Overall, it's a helpful and informative response that addresses the client's concern directly.

3e783b8a
Community Member

I withdrew money from my Upwork account on April 10th and received a notification and email from Upwork stating that the payment had been processed. Normally, it takes only 1-2 hours for me to receive my payment. However, as of today, April 11th, I still have not received the balance in my local bank account. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? The reference number is 684463515. Thank you!

Hi Cindy,

I understand the importance of timely payments. Since it has been less than 24 hours since the withdrawal, we recommend waiting for the standard processing time to pass. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork
974f233e
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

Hi Reeta,

I checked your account and can confirm that your withdrawal was successful. Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a noon UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Joanne
Upwork
072244a3
Community Member

I withdrew money from my Upwork account on April 1st and received a notification and email from Upwork stating that the payment had been processed. However, as of April 6th, I still have not received the balance in my local bank account.

I contacted my bank and gave them my Upwork Reference ID, but they said that they have neither received nor have any pending money from Upwork. Can you please assist me in resolving this issue? Thank you!

Hi Abd,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your withdrawal. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Alright, I will wait for the remaining days. If I don't receive the balance within eight business days, then I will contact the support team.

indktr
Community Member

As far as I'm aware there's is nothing to trace unless you can get Upwork to share details like the swift code for the transaction, which apparently they are not willing to share for whatever reason. This is what I was told by my account manager at my bank.  

072244a3
Community Member

Alright, I will wait for the remaining days. If I don't receive the balance within eight business days, then I will contact the support team.

8d8642f2
Community Member

I used a local bank account in Egypt with USD currency and I requested local bank payment but the website said it paid in local currency and I didn't recieve either in USD nor EGP

is there a way to reverse the transaction 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to fund withdrawal initiated a few hours ago, please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
56e67fbc
Community Member

Hello, I wanted to contact support in order to trace my payment to know what happened

Hello, Juliana.

If you have not received a direct local bank withdrawal payment, the first step would be to check the payment status in your Upwork account. If the payment status shows that the payment has been processed and sent to your bank account, but you have not received it yet, you should contact your bank to inquire about the status of the payment.

If your bank has not received the payment, you can contact Upwork support and request that they trace the payment. To contact Upwork support, you can click on the "Get Help" button on your Upwork account dashboard and select "Contact Upwork Support". You can then select the appropriate topic and submit your inquiry.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

ThankYou.

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct-to-local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know tomorrow (11- April) if the funds are still not reflected in your account by the end of day today (10- April) so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
56e67fbc
Community Member

Hello! Yep, funds haven't arrived. I'll contact my bank but can you guys also trace it? Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
56e67fbc
Community Member

Thank you!

ogigpermana
Community Member

Hello i need help, i was withdrawed my earning into my local bank 6 days ago, and now still did not have a notification from upwork, please help me to follow up my problem

Hi Ogi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that your withdrawal was successful. Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a noon UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie i am still did not receive anything about withdrawal information. This is 8 days since i did that proccess, could you please help me

Hi Ogi,

Could you please check your Transaction History? It looks like your funds were returned to your Upwork account.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I have first withdraw my payment via local bank but I didn't got the payment in expected date of delivery and I mailed to the support team they again make me wait more than 10 days after waiting for so long  they refund my payment in upwork account and diabled my local bank verification. Again I connect another bank and after connecting my bank in upwork I again made waithdrawal after 4 days of connecting local bank. I was given expected date of delivery but again it has corss the expected date of delivery but I still haven't got my payment yet.I have also mailed the support team still I haven't got any response from them. when will I get my payment? It's not the first time, that I am facing this problem. I need this problem be solved very soon. 

Hi Bivash,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
leony07
Community Member

Hi! I am a Top rated Plus freelancer and given this we are expected to get our funds earlier than otehrs. I withdrew my funds last April 7 and up until now I never received the funds nor the payment processed verification email. Please trace this one up.

Hi Maria Leony,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
princessa84
Community Member

Hello. I need help on checking why I my money still havent released on my bank account. I requested April 7 but still havent receive it by now. 

I had another withdrawal yesterday and it went through

Hi Princess,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your funds. I checked your account and noticed that the withdrawal was successfully initiated from your account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further. Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
moh_alie
Community Member

Dear Support Team,

Yet I have not received my payment to my local bank account, can you please check the payment status from the sender's end?  First, My bank asked me to that the payment will be cleared in two to three working days after that bank server issue come up that's why my bank asked me to wait more  one-two day but now this problem is solved on my bank side. Still, I didn't get my payment.

Please consider my request 

Regard, 
'Muhammad Ali
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
shahzaib7109
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to inform you that I recently attempted to withdraw a payment from my Upwork account to my local bank account. Unfortunately, I received an email stating that the payment was rejected by the bank. I tried again using another bank account but encountered the same issue.

I was charged a fee of $0.99 twice for these failed transactions, and my payment was returned to my Upwork account. I have been using these two bank accounts for payment withdrawals without any issues in the past, so I am not sure what could have caused this problem.

I kindly request that you investigate this matter and refund the fee charged to me twice as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Shahzaib Naeem

Hi Shahzaib,

Thank you for contacting us. Your support ticket has been received and can be accessed here. We apologize for any inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience as we respond to requests in the order they are received. Please allow 24-48 hours for our team to follow up.

~Andrea
Upwork
91a8d3fc
Community Member

Hi,

It's my first time requesting for payment here direct to my local bank account and I got this email.

Can anyone please tell me why I can't successfully withdraw? Thank you.

91a8d3fc_0-1681434105279.png

Hi Marivic,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble withdrawing your funds. We're aware of the issue you raised and are taking it seriously. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
asifsaeed
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I have not received any email regarding "Your paymnet has been processed" from UpWork. Normally it took few mins but it is almost 6 hours and I have not received that email. Second I tried to contact support staff but the bot does not allow me to chat with real person and providing useless responses. Your support is higly appricaited. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths