🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149

same i have not received payment yet  its been 8 hours since I withdraw available payment from upwork received payment has been processd notifications.  but still not yet in my bank account.

Hi Muhammad and Mary,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
77b0e78e
Community Member

Hello! I recently changed my profile name to my married name, and attempted to update my bank details to match. However, the bank details were flagged as a mismatch, so I changed them back to my maiden name. I withdrew my payments around 10:30 am today using my old bank details, but by the afternoon, I had not received the funds in my bank account. Upon checking my bank details on Upwork, I discovered that my old bank details had been removed. I subsequently enrolled my new bank details, which were accepted. I am wondering where my funds went after I withdrew them using my old bank details, which had been removed. Is it possible that they will be deposited into my new bank account?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milona,

The funds would be on their way to the payment method that you selected when withdrawing. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please let us know so we can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
8d8fd642
Community Member

Upwork needs to notify freelancers when a clients payment method had been declined.  I have used Upwork on the client side, so I know that clients are charged on Mondays.

So explain why the freelancer doesn't know a client's payment method was declined until 1) They don't receive early payouts or 2) They are told to pause work and the contract is put on hold.

I am top rated plus and one of the only remaining perks of that is getting paid on Friday. I have a long-standing relationship with my client and I know that the card they have attached to this account is the card they tend to use for all UpWork payments as well as other resources. If it gets declined and I let them know, they are quick to resolve the issue.

This is now the second time where I haven't received my payouts early and no email was sent to either myself or my client about a declined payment. The contract is still active, I am actually logged in to the client's Upwork account and there is nothing there either. Yet, I remain unpaid. So what the heck UpWork?!

Issues like this combined with the fact that my fees are are going back up to 10% gives me no incentive to stay on the platform. The ONLY reason I have not switched to being paid directly is because I like getting paid weekly instead of bi-weekly. 

Hi Megan, 

We completely understand your frustration and I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received your payments. However, 

checked and can confirm the transactions you're referring to was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

In the meantime, feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
misischavez31
Community Member

I transferred funds to my PNB account last Friday, April 14. I received an email that it's already been processed but until now, it hasn't been reflected on my account yet. Is anyone else having the same experience? Thank you.

Hi Mary,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
raheel048
Community Member

Yesterday on 18th April I withdraw some amount from my upwork to direct bank account, immegiately i received a confirmation message followed by a successfully processed email but the third message i recieved that your bank has rejected the payment request and  asked for updating the payement method on upwork.

After updating the payement method I tried again to withdraw the money to the same babk account but its been about 18  hours that I didnt get any confimation email neither from upwork nor from my bank.

The transaction Reference IDs are:

Kindly check the status of my transaction. Thanks

Hi Raheel,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a noon UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.
~ Joanne
Upwork
9e6b1e8a
Community Member

Hi. I withdrawn my available balance yesterday and still did not receive an email indicating that my payment has been processed can you please check if it has been successfully withdrawn on your end?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. Usually, it takes 4 business days for the Direct to local bank withdrawal to be processed. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
crart
Community Member

crart
Community Member

Ticket number  #40041262 I require someone to investigate the issue because for now I am unable to get my medication or even buy food. Good job Upwork in saying "sorry".  "Sorry" will not fix the situation, it is over a week of waiting for my payment and still no one cares, no one explained anything, no one apologized, I only hear "sorry" every few days without any real fix. Is that how you earn the share of our earnings? Well done.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olga,

Understand how frustrating this situation must be for you and I'm sorry to hear this happening. I can see you were able to update your open support ticket with our team recently. Please do continue to communicate directly with our team as they are the experts on this topic and the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
crart
Community Member

No you do not understand it. Yes, I am updating the ticket because I require someone to finally take care of it but NO ONE is responding except for something like "we're sorry" Is this a joke?? Do you know how it feels to stop medical treatment that you need to survive? Apparently not seeing how lightly it is treated, well lucky you. But I do need this money and my patience is growing thin. This is absolutely disrespectful and straight rude.

crart
Community Member

I have contacted my bank. No incoming transfers from Upwork since April 14. 

khyxzer18
Community Member

Hi, on April 19, 2023, I requeted a withdrawal from my Eastwest / Komo Bank. I have received a notification from my email regarding the requested payment. Based on my research, another email will be sent that a payment has been processed and it will show the expected delivery date of payment. Up to now, no email is received and from time to time I'm checking my bank still no funds are transferred. What should I do? I reviewed your payment guidelines and usually, payment will be processed within one business day and should arrive in the bank after four business days. Wherein my case, payment is not yet processed. Hoping for your favorable response. Thank you.

Hi Hershey Anne,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nheyph16
Community Member

Hello,

Ive just initiated a withdrawal of my funds in Upwork. Ive been doing this for years and usually funds would reflect in my bank account an hour after the trnasaction is initiated. I would normally just encounter delays during US and/or our local holidays. Today is different though. There is no US holiday or local holiday that could cause a delay but my money is still not in my bank. Is there an issue with payment processing today?

Hi Rosalyn,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Rosalyn, 

I just want to ask if you have already received your withdrawal. I think the same thing is happening to me. I've been on Upwork for many years and have had no problem with withdrawals till now. I usually receive the funds on the same day or the next day. But not this time.

Hello Catherine,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds yet. If you allow me to check, I can see that the withdrawal was performed on 4/28 and it was successful on our end.

That said, please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
crart
Community Member

I have just been informed that my payment is going through Compliance Review. May I ask why? May I ask WHY no one deemed neccessary to inform me that the payment will go through something like this? I was also advised to add alt. payment method. May I ask what is the logic behind it since Upwork has no issues hiding important information from people that earn money for them? I can expect, given these very bad experience and absolutely unacceptable way the issue is handled by Upwork, that with the other method there will also be issues sooner or later.

Hi Olga,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
crart
Community Member

Yes, the ticket is opened for a week now. Great service. I am updating it but agent is not, except for some copy-pasted texts and no word of explanation nor telling me when the issue will be resolved. Amazing, really feel like you earn this over 20% of my earnings. Yes, this is sarcastic. Yes, being sarcastic is all I have left now since I am without money to continue my medical treatment. 

Assist? How? No one is responding except for sending generic replies and the issue persists. That is not being assisted, that is being ignored.

And we are back to square one - my name as filed on so called "financial account" is STILL the old one, despite someone changing it manually, as in quote here:
"Regarding the name on your financial account, apologies if this has got you confused. When your legal name is being updated in our system, it doesn't automatically match the name on your financial account. What I did was manually update it for you to match your maiden name so this should be good now." <-- that is what one of agents responded. Name still wrong. I have no idea what you people are doing but something is wrong.

733ca15e
Community Member

I transferred funds from my upwork to Nayapay account, but I didn't receive any money there, I contacted Nayapay helpline, and they said that Nayapay is not integrated with upwork and I need to contact upwork customer support to get my funds back. please help me in resolving this issue as I withdrew all of my money earned and I really need that right now. How to apply for payment reversal? 
the second thing is, if I have to buy connects I always buy connects from my nayapay balance, then why I didn't receive funds there, and if nayapay is not integrated with upwork, why upwork let me add the account in first place?

Hi Dawood,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
crart
Community Member

1d5066ce
Community Member

I didn't receive payment since April 16th till now. My local bank is Bank BRI from Indonesia. I hope I get answers and help in my post as soon as possible.

Hi Muwil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
leopold_faye
Community Member

Hello,

could someone please help me trace the transaction 573888580. It has been 8 buiness days since it was ordered and I still have not received the money in my bank account.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi Leopold,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Today is the 8th business day and we kindly ask that you give it the full day to see if the funds will be deposited into your account. If you still don't have it by tomorrow, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I completed a Project for 5 Dollars. But, I have not received this Payment in my Bank Account which I already registered in "Get Paid" Section. Kindly, have a check in my Profile & let me know the problem for not receiving the Earned Money in my Bank Account, till now.

Waiting for your's responses.

Regards

Romel R

Hi Romel,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that the amount is already available for withdrawal. You can go to this page to process the withdrawal. Feel free to reach out if you need additional assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie

I received your's message. I withdrawaled the Payment, but the Payment is still not Credited in my Local Bank Account in India. Kindly, let me know, how many days does it take to get the Money Credited in my Local Bank Account in India.

Thank you so much for your's responses.

Regards

Romel R

Hi Romel,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. Please be aware that Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Arjay

I did understand that Direct to local bank money transfer takes 4 working days, in India. Thank you Sir, for Guiding & Informing me so much.

Thanking You

With Regards

Romel R

maruf4426
Community Member

I have withdraw balance from upwork two days earlier.I got email about payment confirmation but i did not got any mail that payment processed and i did not get payment yet

Hi Md Maruf,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths