🐈
» Forums » Support » Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262

Hi Milan,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while accessing the Settings page. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b460b127
Community Member

i, We used to have an upwork account by using gmail, and it state "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.", anyone know how to activate or get our account back?

Yes, you can use email and password option instead of going with sign in with gmail. If you don't remember you can reset your password which will be received on your email which is account associated with. thanks

It doesn't work. When I enter my email address it automatically makes me try to sign in using Google. There's no option to just enter my password at that point. 

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. 

I took the liberty of sharing your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here

~ Arjay
Upwork
3297d567
Community Member

Hello-

I have been unable to log in to my account for close to three weeks now due to an issue with Google Sign-In.

I had to create a second Upwork account just to be able to post this question in hopes of getting help.

The issue is as follows: every time I try to use my e-mail address (it is a gmail address) to log in, I get two messages: the first says "Google Sign In is not enabled for this account. Please log in use a different method." Below that message, it says "This e-mail uses Google Sign-In."

I tried to log in using my username, and it simply forwards me to a page that makes me use my e-mail, restarting this process all over again, and round and around we go.

I contacted Upwork 2 weeks ago and not a peep. I am unable to be paid, unable to respond to work messages, and growing extremely frustrated.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble the delay on your ticket has caused you. We certainly understand how you want the issue with your original account resolved immediately. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll take a closer look and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3297d567
Community Member

Hi Arjay- Thanks for getting back to me. I sent you a message this weekend. -Matt

3297d567
Community Member

Hi Arjay-

Still haven't heard back from anybody. I'm getting a little worried now because I got an e-mail at the e-mail address I provided you in the private message that it appears that somebody has changed one of my security questions as well.

I'm not sure what this means or if I perhaps received an e-mail notification in error.

I'm hoping we can get this solved as soon as possible, I have all forms of identification handy. Additionally, the client I was working with (also happy to provide his name and contact details) is happy to vouch for me through Upwork as we have grown a close personal working relationship. Thanks for your support, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Matt

Hi Matthew,

I did receive your message and thank you for sharing your main account information. I've immediately converted your report into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance. You may also expect an update from the team through the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I cannot access settings to change my location as I used Google to sign-in and it asks for a password. I am also unable to file a ticket as the page is not loading and I am going in a loop at the moment. I need help concerning this

Hi Irene,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
540ceeb6
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. I signed in with my Google account and now I can't access settings in Upwork. 

Hi Setenay,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
ebbcbf4c
Community Member

Hello,

I recently registered with Upwork as a freelancer. 

At the point of registration, I used my Google account which is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

However, at some point, I came to a screen where I created a password. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to recollect the password.

The form that was sent to my email account for me to reset my password requires that I provide certain information which I do not have because I am a new user and have not done any banking or monetary transactions yet.

The information include:
First 6 digits of any credit card used on Upwork;
Date of Upwork transactions as per my bank statement;
Date that I added my PayPal account to Upwork. 

Like I said I have not received any payment through Upwork as I am new on the platform. Yet, I am unable to proceed further without providing these information.

Kindly assist me with resetting my password through another method. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Emmanuel Akpomuka

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f5410b19
Community Member

Hello, I had a gmail account on which I have orders in progress but unfortunately, google has suspended my account for some time (I made a mistake with emailings...) unfortunately my account is connected to the site and I can not log in. What can I do? Thanks 

PS: I am using a different account to create this topic 🙂 

Hi Stephane,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
9baad2cb
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to reset my password, however each time I click reset and fill in my email, I never receive a reset request. I've checked my spam and trash folders and nothing. 

Please help! 

Hi Robert,

It looks like you've been assisted by one of our support team members via chat and resolved the issue. You're all set!

~ Arjay
Upwork
9f5b74d9
Community Member

I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Hi Gaurav,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you're no longer signed in through Google. Please see this screenshot from your Connected Services page to validate the action taken on your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4aaf7d85
Community Member

Hello,

I just tried to get paid for my last work.

But it keeps asking for my password , seemingly not considering that I use google to sign-in. So when I go on and try to put my gmail account password it is declined. I don't want my accound to be suspended or whatever.

Really need assistance on this.

Thank you.

Hi Tatiana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
efac3244
Community Member

I used my professional email address to sign up as a Client on Upwork with email / password. But the email address is linked to a Google account. Now, when I need to login, I'm in a loop:

• When I want to use the email sign-in mehtod, Upwork tells me this is a Google account and I need to use Google Sign-in
  • But when I do I get the message I didn't activate the Google Sign-in

So I can't login to my Upwork client account any longer.

What should I do?

efac3244_0-1704030519498.png

Hi Stijn,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7ad65573
Community Member

Hi there,

I created this account only to unlock mine, and I've not been able to log on. The account I need help with is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.   I'm aware that other people went through the same problem, but the only thing I could see that worked was posting here, and then an UpWork team member would get in touch. : /

"This is the message I keep getting: You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

Hi Marcos,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance. You may also expect an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7ad65573
Community Member

Thanks, Arjay!

Hi Arjay!

Nobody has reached out to me yet. Can you help me with that?

Thanks

55ba5bfd
Community Member

I dont remember the password as i have been logging in with SSO

Hi Bikram,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f215d7ea
Community Member

Unable to sign into old account as it it redirects me to Google sign in. When I use that, it gets an error message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account" 

So I created a new account but I am unable to use my phone number since it is still linked to my original account that I can't sign into. Is there a way to delete my original account and transfer my phone # to this new one?

Hi Amy,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have forwarded your concern to our support team so that it can receive the attention it requires. You will receive an update as soon as possible. You can check for a response here.

Regards,

~ Johnabi

Hi Johnabi, I'm having the same issue with my account. Please help!

Hi Eleonora,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH, I'm having the same issue with my account. Please help!

Hi Alia,

I have requested our team's assistance. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
45ca8b14
Community Member

Recently, my account has been hacked and my mail/upwork password both have been changed.
I was using Sign-in-with-Google option before, so I can still login to my account.
What I've found is, there's also Upwork password apart from this SSO and this seemed to be using for withdraw.

My status:
- I can still sign-in to my Upwork account using Sign-in-with-google option.
- Upwork password/email has been changed. (Upwork password is not used for login but it is used when I do withdraw money from Upwork)
- Password reset doesn't work and the reset link goes to the wrong(hacked) email address since Email has  changed.

I hope any of you had met this weird problem before, any guide, suggestions or support would be appreciated.

Thanks

Remove your new withdraw methods asap if hacked added. You will have 3 days before new will be approved.

Contact Upwork team for a while to fix your full access. It is not so fast.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths