🐈
» Forums » Support » Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bellachaudhry
Community Member

Hi, I have changed my email address on upwork but I am not able to sign in from the new email address. When I try to sign-in its says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

I can still sign in with my old email address but I want to switch to my new email address. Help please

Hi Rabia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0835c60a
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to change my log in setting from gmail log in to using an email address and password. How can I do this? Thanks

Hi HQ,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a44398ae
Community Member

Hello Goran, Upwork won't let me login into my phone after changing Gmail 😢 Please help me fix the issue293714847_577684830753803_7288918590260146306_n.jpg

Hi Tidathip,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
nikolozebralidze
Community Member

Hello, I want to update some info about my profile, but it requires to authorize device one more time and re-enter my password. It's impossible because I use Google sign-in. How can I solve this problem?

Hi Nikoloz,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie. I have the same issue than Nikoloz. I can't access my profile settings because it requires the email/pass step, while I'm logged in through Google. Is there a known process to go through it, or should the technical team reach out to me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julien, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you directly via email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Nikoloz. Did the technical team managed to help you on this? I have the same issue. Thanks.

fdf0c116
Community Member

I had mistakenly applied for a client account but had close it and start a freelancer account with the same email but it isnt happening. And i am unable to sign up with it . Please solve it for me

Hi, I am also currently having same issues. Please how can this be resolved

Hi Glory,

I have escalated your concern and one of the team members will reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with your request. You can check this page or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Rosh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that you're only allowed to create one account under an email address. Don't worry! I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with your request. Please check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
695e5295
Community Member

I can’t do any modifications on my account. I can't access my account Settings. It asks for a password but I signed in using google.
Can somebody from Upwork help me?

Hi Federica,

I have escalated your concern to the team and one of the members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b7bd50b9
Community Member

Hello I need help with this issue. I created my account with my Google account. When I go to my account settings, it asks for a security question. I NEVER set up a security question. I go to change it, it asks for existing password. I NEVER setup a password. This makes no sense. Please help me with this. Thank you. 

Hi Jared,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance with your concern. Don't hesitate to communicate through this page if you're in need of further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65885eb2
Community Member

I signed in to upwork with Google (without entering a password or security question) and now I'm trying to enter my account settings, but the system asks me to answer a security question... How can I answer the question if I didn't even write it? What to do?

Hi Egor,

~ AJ
Upwork
ad350e12
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I'm having the same issue.

I logged with google SSO and now is asking me for a password to set up my security asnwer...

Can you help me?

Hi Sergio,

I can see that you've reached out to the team with the same concern and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7b3c6cae
Community Member

I created my account using Google Sign-In. I was not prompted to create a password or to answer a security question, however when I go to adjust my page settings it is trying to force me to answer a security question that I have no answer to, or put in a password that I do not have. How do I fix this?

a759d9c9
Community Member

Hi Andrea, there's no such a button(
Face the same issue and can't disconnect my account, pls help

Hi Helen,

~ AJ
Upwork
4b23b087
Community Member

Hi, I'm attempting to change my login process with Upwork. Currently I sign on via Google Single Sign-On but would like to not use this anymore. Instead I want a single password and email. 

I've tried to remove the connected service but it wants a password...that I never created.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
552cdbbd
Community Member

I'm trying to login with my main account (gmail), but I'm not being able to do this. Can you please someone help me to fix it? The message is: "Google account g...r@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Hi Gabriela,

Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? The email address associated with your original account would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
552cdbbd
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your response.

I've already sent you a private message with my e-mail. Could you please check if you received or not?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriela

Hi Gabriela,

Yes, I did receive your message. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review your request and kindly expect an update here and on the email you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
55c23e99
Community Member

Hi,

Please assist on my other account. google account t...3@gmail.com is not recognized for google sign-in on upwork. please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Thanks.

If this is a freelancer account, you are only allowed to have the first one you ever created.

Hi Victor,

Sophie's correct! In addition to that, having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address would be helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
55c23e99
Community Member

Hi Arjay.

Understood. The first account i created has not been active for 2 years. so, i believe Upwork had closed it.

I have sent you a private message. However, it seems like the message could not send out. Or please check your messages. it might have sent it. TQ

Hi Victor,

Yes, I did receive your message, and thank you for providing the details for your original account. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review your case and you can expect an update here and on the email, you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e2e5b297
Community Member

Hi, 

I can't create an upwork account using Google sign in .

Every time I try, I press create account button but it shows loading then stops without having any feedback.

I really need help with this .

Thanks 

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths