🐈
» Forums » Support » Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262

Hi Elaiza,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.
You'll also receive an email notification once your ticket is created, and you'll be able to reply from there.

~Andrea
Upwork
9a23543c
Community Member

Hi,

I use the 'Log in with Google' option when signing into upwork without a problem. However, when I try to verify my payment method, i'm first asked a security question, then required to enter a password. I enter my Google password but it doesnt work, what could be the problem please. Thanks

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bc8f297c
Community Member

I've been trying to sign in to my original UpWork account, but keep getting prompted to sign in with Google. When I try to use my Google it says it hasn't been enabled. I've read other UpWorkers support tickets and tried troubleshooting, but nothing has worked. This is a new account I've created to try to get help here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Janelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e886781
Community Member

dear Upwork team,
I created my upwork account with Google SSO. But recently, a user connected to my user account 4 times from Aulnay-sous-bois even if I changed the password in upwork.
Now, I want to change the log in from Google SSO to unique email adress with password with double authentication but when I want to remove the Google SSO, Upwork requires me to type a password but I don't know which password I need to put. When I put the upwork password or the Google one, it fails.
so please help me by providing a new password so that I can switch from Google SSO to log in with password and double authentication.

My goal is to avoid hacking by the user.

thank you

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8e434d81
Community Member

Hi! I can't log in with my google account/or create a new account. Fisrt it says that upwork can't recognize account with such email, but when I try to sign up it says that their is an account with such email (and offers to log in). What should I do?

Thank you in advance! 

Hi Daria,

Are you referring to an account different from the one you're currently posting from? If so, can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address of the account in question so we can assist you further?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0cb0ef49
Community Member

I can't log into my account. When I try to log into my account, it shows me "You have not 

activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Help me please. My email address for the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sunny,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to sign in to your account. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You should be able to access the ticket directly from your email.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f252b9c7
Community Member

I have been trying to create an Upwork account through Google but I am always receiving this message, "Google account ... is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork." Is there anything I can do to sign-up with my Google account? 

Hi Arjay,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8a0f5b09
Community Member

I've changed my email address on upwork,now I can't log in -"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.Please choose another sign in method this email address"

Why my account is opened and close from time to time

I've changed my email address on upwork,now I can't log in -"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.Please choose another sign in method this email address"

Why my account is opened and close from time to time

I've changed my email address on upwork,now I can't log in -"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.Please choose another sign in method this email address"de.png

Hi there,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
8a0f5b09
Community Member

Hi Agg,

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the issue you experience? Please be sure to share a screenshot from your end along with your email address so that I can look into this further and assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
27b14371
Community Member

de.png

Hi Sem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to log into your account recently. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c86e257f
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

I created my Upwork account 3 days ago using Google Sign up option. Now I want to open my account on my mobile phone. My HUAWEI Phone did not have any access to my Google account. Now I am trying to log in with the same google email address to Upwork button 'Continue with Email' but failed. I want to log in to this google email as 'Continue with Email'. 

Please give me a solution. 

Thank you

Hi Zafar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
94c2e41b
Community Member

I changed the email in my profile, but now I can't log in with a new email, because I had an old login through Google.
How can I log into my account with a new email?

Hi Ihor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
8583f5c5
Community Member

I recently deleted a client account that was tied to my google account. I cannot create a new account using that email address, as I get an error saying that the email is in use. When I then try to create a new account and tie it to my google account, it states  that the google account isn't eligble to sign up with Upwork? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time after account deletion?

Hi Ronnie,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b97e2dba
Community Member

I'm trying to login to my upwork account (I created this new one so I can post for help) the username I need help with is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. When I try to login it makes me use google suite login and then tells me my account is not authorized to sign in that way but does not give me the option to put in my password. I've tried signing in on the app, mobile site, and desktop site and the same issue. Can someone help me?

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e56628a1
Community Member

I keep getting this message when it try to sign in with my other google account. But then when I try to set up the account, I get the message that the username already exists.

How do I fix this?

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Did you mean that you have another account aside from this one?

~ AJ
Upwork

That is correct..The other account is what I want to use for work. 

Hi Neil,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
e56628a1
Community Member

Ok I have done so.. Awaiting your response.

I want to connect my work email to Upwork. But when I try I keep getting a message that the Google account is not recognized for Google Sign in on Upwork. Then when I try to create a new account, I am getting a message that an account for the username already exists. Any ideas? 

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 1.44.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 1.49.32 PM.png

sg_arch
Community Member

Hi, I requested payment via wire transfer 11 days ago, but still didn't get it, my bank says they didn't get any money, can you help me with this?

Hi Sherzod,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
eb77243b
Community Member

Hello, how do I unlink my account from google. I would like to use username password to login.

Hi Roman,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. Feel free to communicate through that ticket for updates or further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
54cde3cd
Community Member

i am facing the same issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths