🐈
» Forums » Support » EVT Badge Restricted Due to Identity Vericati...
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,164 REPLIES 2,164

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble verifying your location. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12d83980
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  Can someone from customer support please contact me?  I receive the text on my phone and it takes me right back to this screen every time.  It's an endless loop.Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 11.41.32 AM.png

9b1385b7
Community Member

I want to verify my upwork ID but I don't have any option available to verify my ID. Can someone guide me on this?

You cannot. Upwork will contact you when needed.

fc63701b
Community Member

I am unable to click the Accept button in the offer section. It is visible as greyed out button.

Hi Amar,

I can confirm that your ID has been successfully verified, and the hold on your account has been lifted. You were able to accept the offer afterward, so I believe you're all set. Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
35a475a8
Community Member

Screenshot 2024-05-01 114456.png

I've attempted the identity verification twice, but each time I finish it, I encounter the same error. I haven't received any email notifications regarding this issue, so I'm unsure what's causing the error to persist. Is there any way to easily upload the document for id verification purposes?

Hi Tumul,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected. You have the option to resubmit the document again from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Can you please let me know the reason for the rejection, or is there any way I can re-upload or submit the document over the email or link?

7090fc73
Community Member

My id got verfied on 26/04/2024, but still I cannot see the identity verification badge, also I cannot see Settings>Identity Verification.
I can access following page when I click on notification->please verify your identity, it shows I have been verified.

7090fc73_0-1714545952927.png

Hi Omair,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that you have not completed the full account verification on your account yet. The team will let you know when there is a need for full verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
de1fa68c
Community Member

Watch your email in case we need you to answer any questions. There is no email. What should i do?

Hi Museyib,

I checked your account and it appears that we are still in the process of reviewing your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
dd0fdfd4
Community Member

My id cannot be verified alghough i tried it many times.

I am unable to accept any offer or apply for a job.

Hi Prabhat,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the submitted ID card was expired. Please upload an alternate valid ID document.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a4d389c5
Community Member

It's been 2 business days since I sent the identity verification request, but the yellow checkmark still says 'We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile".

When should we expect this to be resolved? Thank you."

Hi Gopal,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected. Please try uploading the documents again from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

please tell me why it is rejected ?

b9fcc3e2
Community Member

When I scan the QR code, I am redirected to the same page: https://www.upwork.com/ab/step-up-verification/id/b9fcc3e2_1714625653213.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jamie,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while verifying your account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi!

It's still the same. When I scan the QR code it goes back to this link (https://www.upwork.com/ab/step-up-verification/id/b9fcc3e2_1714625653213)

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
35a475a8
Community Member

I attempted to submit two different documents - my driving license and Aadhaar card. However, after uploading the documents, I received the same error message as shown in the attachment. If there is any manual process for document verification, kindly share the link where I can upload the documents. If not, please connect me with the relevant person. Additionally, I have not received an email regarding the updates on the verification process or the reasons for rejection.

Hi Tumul,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected. Please try uploading the front and back of your ID again from the Settings page and avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3fb1f2e9
Community Member

hey upwork team, i am anable to verify my profile how do i verufy my account when i didnt recived any text code. please help me

upwork team please support me.

Hi Ganguja,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble receiving the text code. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

i did everything. but cant recieved text message. please help me. how do i verify my account. also i cant see where to get ticket request

I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

having trouble with the verification process i didnt recieved text code. how do i verify my profile please help me give me a support ticket.

Ganguja, could you please try what Pradeep suggested above and let us know if the problem persists? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3fb1f2e9
Community Member

hey bro upwork support didnt supports me. they answers wrong. i asked same situation again and again same . but they answers wrong. how do i verify my account. please help me

niaabdul
Community Member

Hello,

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Upwork EVT program, however, I cannot get started with any clients or meetings due to a hold with my verification. I submitted my ID and selfie - but the system seems to need a manual review? I've waited days for an e-mail now and my account will be suspended if not addressed asap.

Please provide some assistance on what can be done?

Thanks! 

Hi Nia,

I checked your account and it appears that your ID documents were submitted just a few hours ago. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
903d25ff
Community Member

Hi upwork team,

I submitted a valid id and I have this error. What does this mean? do I need to submit a different Id?

IMG_5589.png

Hi Earlyn,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. Could you try an alternate ID if you haven't already? You can check out this page for more information on what types of documents are acceptable. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8f0ee0ce
Community Member

Moments after I got my first contract, Upwork asked for identity verification and I obliged accordingly by capturing my face and Identity card (NIN). It didn't verify immediately and then all of a sudden it said; 

"We've started a manual review"

"Watch your email in case we need you to answer any questions" 

How long does the manual review take and why is this happening please? Now, I'm even unable to accept invites and offers. Please I need to know whether this issue is being worked on because I'm scared of losing my clients.

Hi Adekola,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your verification process. A manual review process typically starts when the automated system can't process your submitted documents on its own; a dedicated agent will review them within 1-3 days from the date of your submission. If there are any issues with the submitted documentation, the team will contact you directly and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8f0ee0ce
Community Member

Okay, Thank you

9752e5da
Community Member

I have recently completed my identity verification setup, however, I encountered an error message stating: 'If we can't instantly verify you, we'll start a manual review process.' Could you please provide an estimate of the expected waiting time for this manual review process? Additionally, I have attached an image for reference.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths