🐈
» Forums » Support » I have a question
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Salawudeen,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to learn you're having difficulties purchasing Connects. There are several ways to buy these. You can definitely use credit or debit cards, and Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Diners Club, Diners Club International, Mastercard, and American Express. We also accept prepaid cards. To learn more about adding a credit card to your account, go here.

You may also want to check this help article to learn more about other methods and detailed instructions on successfully using them as billing methods. Let us know if you need further assistance, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
27bc4586
Community Member

hi there , i currently added anathor billing method still its saying "recent charged failed" please someone raise a ticket regarding this issue . and please confirm whose problem it is ? banks or upwork ?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork

Actually i called them multiple times regarding this issue , they said your card is fully functional and no such request is declined by your bank. kindly asked the merchent regarding this issue . actually i am able to do transactions on other websites but not on upwork. please solve my problem.

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9844a2d9
Community Member

Hi 

I am having issues buying connects whereby my account goes through the entire process of approving the amount via PayPal. At the end, it says the payment method is not verified.

Please help me add the PayPal option as well as another bank account because I would to use it alternatively and it's always difficult without a payment option available.

I am sure the issue is not with my bank account. I think the payment methods need to approved by Upwork to ensure authenticity overall. 

Thank you

Regards

Farah

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Farah,

Thank you for reaching out. Upwork does not need to do additional verification for your billing method as long as your name is listed as the account owner. It looks like the transaction was rejected on their end. It would be best to contact PayPal and your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for replying.

I've contacted PayPal and I will be sorting that option with them.

I have also tried to add a credit card could you please approve that? 

Hi Farah,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
16241d96
Community Member

My payment for the freelancer plus didn't go through and I also couldn't buy connects. It said there was a problem with my paypal which has been linked for months. Now it says "Sorry, we weren't able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay". I have tried to remove my paypal account and connect it again but it's not working. I also tried to reinstall the app but still nothing. What can I do?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Katja,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties purchasing Connects and renewing your membership plan. Please be aware that a credit card needs to be added as a backup billing method if you plan to use PayPal to purchase Connects or pay for a membership plan.

I've checked your account, and you just removed a card from your financial account. Alternatively, you may try other ways to purchase Connects and pay for your membership plan. You can check this help article for more detailed instructions on how to proceed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
7927cb49
Community Member

Hello,

Trying to add connects In my Company Settings --> Membership & Connects but having the following issue: "Failed to load the current subscription details. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support." 
Cleared the cash several times during the day but nothing changed. 
Would appreciate the assistance 

Warm regards, 

Roman

Hi Roman,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b641db70
Community Member

Hi There,

I am right now a basic member of Upwork.com.

I am using my Visa Debit Card from State Bank of India to purchase connects and there is no issue by using the aforesaid Debit Card.

But whenever I tried to upgrade my membership to Upwork Freelancer Plus by using the same Card, it always shows that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I used another International Debit Card for upgrading the membership but the result still same. I can buy connects but couldn't able to upgrade membership.

I have already contacted with the concerned Bank and according to them there are no problems at their end regarding this issue. They also suggest me to connect with the Upwork Team and escalate the problem towards them.

I would request you to please look after the problem as an early opportunity and provide necessary solution to overcome it.

[N.B- Screen shots of the issues are attached with mail for your reference]

With Regards,

Lala Rajarsi Roy

Upwork profile User ID b641db70 

*Edited for Community Guidelines**

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lala Rajarsi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jhanwarlal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
98b6721c
Community Member

I wants to buy connect,, payment method is Visa card,,, I am facing this issue.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Haji,

Alternatively, you may add a new payment method to your account. We suggest you check this help article to learn more about several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership plan.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2769ded1
Community Member

I bought some connects and my purchase does not appear, I have the payment receipt and I don't know who to contact or where to write. .In addition, I want to say that I am an independent professional and I have worked for a long time on Upwork and the experience has been excellent. Upwork is a perfect platform 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Salma,

Welcome to Upwork! We're so thrilled to have a professional like yourself utilizing the platform. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. Generally, this happens when the transactions you're attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you're still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d5907fd5
Community Member

I entered my card details correctly but it will not save. The card number,  verification code and expiration details are flagged red but they are entered correctly. I am using Geegpay debit mastercard. Please kindly resolve this for me urgently.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Glory,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties adding a payment method to your account. We suggest you contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system. For details on adding Direct to Local Bank as a payment method, click here.

You may also consider checking alternative payment methods found in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d5907fd5
Community Member

Did you misunderstand me? How come you are referring me to an article talking about receiving payments? What I'm having issues with is the billing method. I entered my card details correctly but it will not save. The card number,  verification code and expiration details are flagged red but they are entered correctly. I am using Geegpay debit MasterCard. I want to use it to purchase connects.

Hi Glory,

Sorry for the confusion; you specified in your post that you were having trouble with your payment method, which is why Arjay referred to it in his reply. Nonetheless, what he recommended still applies if what you're having trouble with is your billing method. Kindly contact your card issuing bank to inquire about the error you're getting when adding it to our systems. If after you've done that you're still having trouble, we'll be happy to help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4430ec39
Community Member

why does my Card buy connect but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Deepesh,

Alternatively, you may add a new payment method to your account. We suggest you check this help article to learn more about several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership plan.

~ AJ
Upwork
a7ade064
Community Member

I have troubles trying to buy connects through paypal and I really need those, is there a way you can help me?
Thanks

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juan Esteban,

In order to use PayPal as a billing method on Upwork, your PayPal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. For cases like this, a funding source is required to add PayPal as a billing method.

Alternatively, you may consider using a different billing method in purchasing Connects or upgrading to a membership plan.  Feel free to visit this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a7ade064
Community Member

I have my account validated since I have trasnfered funds from here to my account. As well as linked a credit card, so there is another problem blocking me. I hope you can solve this since Pay Pal is my only way to buy these connects.

a7ade064
Community Member

This is not solved. Also I was in contact with the live chat and someone told me there was an issue with pay pal, so I'm still waiting for your team to fix it

757068a2
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to know if today there is any problem with payment issues or billing methods in the Upwork platform. I am trying to purchase connects today but my listed billing methods, both VISA and PayPal are getting rejected. I am receiving the error message at the top of the Buy Connects page as follows:
There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again.
Also highlighted in red under VISA payment method it says- Recent charge failed.
Previously, I had purchased connects only a few days back using the same option and it was successful.
I tried to connect with chatbot, it redirected me to https://www.upwork.com/support/contact/ it is showing error 404:

I am not been able to buy connects and losing the opportunity to apply for the job that I like.
Can anybody please help?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Monojit,

Alternatively, you may add a new payment method to your account. We suggest you check this help article to learn more about several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership plan.

~ AJ
Upwork
757068a2
Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope that it works. I will have to check if it is the problem with the bank declining transactions and maybe try other options if the problem persists.

5852d3c0
Community Member

Dear Upwork Customer Support,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a technical issue I've encountered while attempting to purchase Upwork Connects using my Visa card. I have been a valued member of the Upwork community for some time and rely on your platform to find meaningful freelancing opportunities. However, I am currently unable to complete a crucial transaction, and I believe it may be due to a technical issue.

When I attempt to purchase Upwork Connects via my Visa card, I encounter an error message, and the transaction does not go through. I have thoroughly reviewed my card details, ensured there are sufficient funds, and checked that the card is active and in good standing. Despite these precautions, I continue to face this issue, and I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving it.

I am available to provide any additional information or clarification you may require to assist with this request. Please do not hesitate to contact me at**Edited for community guidelines**at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to a successful resolution and continued collaboration with Upwork.

Sincerely,

Shahnaz

shahnaz

Hi Shahnaz,

I checked and saw that your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. It would be best to reach out to your card issuing bank directly so that they can check and assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cfdc0ad9
Community Member

Who is having issues adding their card on upwork to purchase connects. I've been trying to,  I used two of my cards but it keeps saying error. 

Hi Kolawole,

I see that you raised a support ticket regarding your concern; kindly allow more time for the team to review it and get back to you. In the meantime, you can try using an alternate billing method.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7a7aeefc
Community Member

"There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths