🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions restricted on my accou...
Page options
6bf8ad2c
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hi, I got a Financial limit on my account it's been 3 weeks now. I have done each and every step asked my customer support including changing password, enable multi-authentication but still, my finical limit is not removed. It's been 4 days since I have emailed Upwork support under the same ticket ai haven't ruined any reply from them. Please help me. I need to buy connections and submit proposals and withdraw funds and I am unable to accept job offers as well.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rima,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

667 REPLIES 667

This is a lot of SEO writing in a short period of time. Did you in fact buy crypto or something else for the client ? Sending money to a client or buying thing for him is a violation of Terms of Services.

No. I was talking large amount of working and outsorcing it to other

If you want a freelancer account you have to do the work yourself not to mislead client who might think you are good but don't know you are not doing the work. This is not honest.

I have tried to withdraw funds from Upwork but it keeps showing that my financial account has been suspended. I have tried to contact support but i have not gotten any response since Friday. What could be the issue?

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eyelaaview
Community Member

Financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Morshed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
019ff2a2
Community Member

Hi Goran, a few days ago Upwork refunded my money even though without asking me I got scammed by Upwork and now I want to get paid my current balance but I got this issue

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Omer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding the limitations on your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ikoret
Community Member

What limitaition, why you are not advise the users about all conditions of whidrowall before freelancers starting work? Only after person try to whithrow you talk about limitations!

collection-kriss
Community Member

I cant see any email please help

Hi Christine,

I have checked your account and I see that there's already a support ticket created for your concern. You can check here or your email for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
moshi007
Community Member

Hello. My financial account on Upwork was suspended. When I click on the Get Paid button, it says to contact Customer Support. But I am not finding the option to open a ticket with Upwork Support. Can you please help?

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. My name is Mohammed Montaha Hossain, and I am a freelance content writer on Upwork. Recently my Account was suspended from Upwork, which is why I am unable to withdraw my funds to my local bank account. I contacted Upwork Support about 27 hours ago but still have not gotten any replies yet. Can anyone please help undo my financial account suspension? 

You have to wait for them to complete their investigation. If there is a problem on the client's side, you have to allow time for them to get answers and review.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

My support ticket was closed today without solving my issue. My account still remains suspended and I am unable to withdraw funds to my local bank account. Can you please help unsuspend my financial account, please????

I have attached a screenshot of my problem.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you still have an open support ticket with the relevant team. Kindly allow more time for the team to get back to you regarding your concern, you can rest assured they will assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c43e5762
Community Member

What is happening to my earnings? I have done two jobs now on Upwork but after I successfully finish the work and end the contract successfully I receive a message indicating that they are investigating a problem with the clients account and I should not resume work till contract is active again? One the first job the funds were actually refunded.

My account also indicates that financial transactions are limited. Please help

Did you have to buy anything for this client?

That is usually a problem with the client's credit card.

You need to wait until the client resolves this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eutycus,

Our team has already reached out to you regarding this case via this ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
utamthepoet11
Community Member

So, I got a mail from Upwork recently that my financial account has been limited

And now, I can't withdraw the money I work for? 

Upwork said they noticed that my account is associated with an account that is currently restricted here in Upwork.

And I replied with the reason why this was so, and they said until the person with the account they think is associated with mine has resolved their issues

Now, does this mean, if the person is unable to resolve their issue with their account

I won't be able to access my own money because of someone else?

I'd be waiting for your replies

Thanks 

Hi Utam,

We won't be able to discuss this case in Community. If you have any questions about it please follow up on your existing ticket with our team and they'll be sure to address them accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
neiljairus
Community Member

Hi,

My account's Financial Transactions are Limited, Upwork was supposed to email me as to why however there was no email that was sent to me as to why it was limited. I've read the article on troubleshooting but still no help for me since my PayPal doesn't seem to have an issue. I have already filed a ticket on this and it has been more than 48hrs that is why I am posting here already.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ed2c1a90
Community Member

Hello,

I have this issue:  Financial transactions for Ivan **edited for Community Guidelines** (51533255) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

I read the customer support centre article on it which said I should change by billing method but that didn't help either.

How can I get this resolved? Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

Are you able to access this ticket? It shares more information about why your financial transactions are temporary put on hold. You can respond on the same ticket thread if you have further questions regarding your account concern, and the team handling your ticket will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ed2c1a90
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thanks for the fast response. Your colleague explained everything and I understand what the problem is. Just one question: do you have any idea how long this restriction will last? Thanks for your help again and I hope you have a great day/night!

~Ivan

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

If you have further questions please reply directly to the support ticket so the team can review and assist you further. When everything is in one place, we can be more efficient in assisting you.

~Andrea
Upwork
ed2c1a90
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I would love to reply in the ticket thread but as it stands the ticket is "Solved" which, as far as I can see, means I can't reply to it.

~Ivan

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ivan, you should be able to reply to the notification sent to your email address. This will reopen the ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
ed2c1a90
Community Member

Hello again,

I can only reply to the email, which I have, but the ticket is still closed. I am sorry, I know this is annoying to deal with so thank you very much for the help!

Ivan

noman-salehzada
Community Member

My financial Transactions have been limited, I Contacted the support, its been 16 days since then my problem is not yet solved. Please help. P.S I haven't received any email stating that my account is limited. I am unable to withdraw my earnings

Hi Norman, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket for your concern. I have followed up on your concern with the team handling your ticket, and they will get back to you once the team has more information they can share with you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
255b6c29
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to access the funds in my account.

I had registered a payoneer account as my prefered withdrawal method, but payoneer closed my account and provided no reason as to why they did so. Later I got an email from upwork that my account had been restricted until I add another method. After a few weeks of trying to resolve things with payoneer support I decided to add my bank account for wire transfers on my upwork account.

I got an email from upwork that the new method would be active after three days.

It's been a whole week now and my account is still restricted.

The last email I got from upwork was that this would have been sold in 48 hours. Those have come and gone yet nothing has changed and now I'm not even getting any replies from customer support since yesterday. What should I do now?

Hi Goodluck,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. Please allow time for our team to review. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I got a reply from a customer service agent but so far haven't been able to solve the problem

I was sent a secure link and had to upload two documents as verification. I uploaded my drivers license and bank statement; however got a reply that the bank statement was rejected because it doesn't contain address information.

The problem is that most of the documents that were suggested that could be used don't contain the information they want; for example I rent so my water and electric bill come in my landlord's name not mine. That's just how it works in Tanzania.

I had already done I.D verification using my National I.D. Now I have added driver's license and bank statement which was rejected. How can I solve this?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Goodluck,

If you have any questions about the accepted documents or the verification process please reply directly to your support ticket with our team, as they are the ones who can best assist you. When everything is in one place we can be more efficient in assisting you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths