🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi MD Jamal,

I've notified the team working on your case and one of our agents has followed up on your ticket with more information. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them so they can continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eb0abb93
Community Member

Hello everybody!

I keep getting this notification on my client account on UpWork. I have added 2 cards which should be working fine.
The notification also states that I should have gotten an email? Which I dont have.
Tried talking to the bot but it did not get me any further..

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Marit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8ba95d5d
Community Member

My Financial account has been suspended , kindly help

Hi Meenakshi,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep!

As per the email received from Upwork Support Team, I followed the entire
steps , but the issue still persists. I have replied back to the email.

Kindly advice.

Hi  Meenakshi Ravindra,

I can see that our team is already assisting you directly via a support ticket. One of our agents will respond to your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b787a733
Community Member

Freelancer cant' accept the work, even though my card is live and already has a hold on it. Very frustrating can't reach a human or even find a place to make a ticket. New to upwork. Can't use it until this is resovled and there is no way for me to resolve. 

I have the same message on the top page and a freelancer cannot add the manual time. I don't know how to reach customer support....

Hi Yuichi and O M,

I am sorry to hear about the limitation on your financial accounts. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
ab54f6c8
Community Member

Hello, when I try to withdraw funds, I get the message that “withdrawals on my account are currently limited” and it says that I need to contact upwork technical support, what should I do?, thank you!

Hi Abdurakxmon,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab54f6c8
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help!)

finch21
Community Member

Hi , I've updated my payment details but still have this message coming up...financial transactions limited. Can someone please sort his out. I've tried through chatbot etc no luck..

Thanks

Grant

Hi Grant,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored.

- Pradeep

Upwork
074e21d9
Community Member

074e21d9_0-1708017588017.png

Hello there,
Can you please help me how to fix this error though my payment method and TAX verification is complete. 
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

Quratulain A.

Hi Quratulain,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a3cbd92
Community Member

A financial hold was put on my account last Tuesday when upwork failed to charge my card. I updated the billing method last Tuesday, and paid the outstanding balance. Still, financial transactions are limited and the freelancer can't log in more hours. Today I paid the balance for the 2 days last week she was able to log in hours for. Financial hold is still there even though I updated the billing method and succesfully paid the balance six days ago. I already chatted with the bot, I already followed the instructions in the email. Please fix this. Thank you.

Hi Camila,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance with your Financial account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8609343d
Community Member

Im getting this error when I entered my CC number incorrectly. I followed and added a different card correctly but this error does not go away. I'm unable to send offers to talents with new cards. Help please! Ive since deleted all cards and have spent an hour trying to find a way to contact upwork!

Hi Faizal,

You can contact Upwork support. Email**Edited for community guidelines**

You will get a reply within 12 hrs. Good Luck!

Noor

Hi Faizal,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1c0b5c0e
Community Member

I have received the below message. I have followed every step that was required. But still, I keep receiving this message. I have a job that is on the go it is quite urgent but the freelancer had to stop working on it. Can someone please assist?

"Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Hi Mostafa,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of your financial account. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kyoelah18
Community Member

Hello there, first time in my life that I encountered this issue. My account itself is not suspended but my financial account it, ay thoughts about this? How can this be resolved? Hopefully, someone can help. Thank you

Look for your tickets. Details should be there

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

I was not able to submit a ticket or the site is not letting me do it. Im confused as to what happened. Never happened to me before so Im not sure how to resolve it. 

I mean you was informed via ticket what Upwork want from you. 

I was never informed by Upwork regarding this. So no I didn't have a ticket whatsoever.

Some moderator here will create request for you. Keep eye at your topic.

Thank you so much for your reply and for putting me at ease.

Hi Johndel Kaye Patri,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem. Financial account suspended without any explanation. I can see that I am not the only one. What is going on?

aa89e740
Community Member

Hello, 

i had an issue in my billing account due credit card change, now i have changed the CC and still see this error, any idea how i can pay the outstanding amount and get my account to normal status back.

and there is no pending amount according to billing section.

as far as i know, there is 1200 USD pending long time back.

***how i can pay those 1200 USD and unlook my account to normal status****

aa89e740_1-1708953782879.png

aa89e740_0-1708953600931.png

Hi Hany,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a2c60bba
Community Member

Hello!

I am new to upwork, I have booked a consultation with a freelancer and paid for the scheduled session. The thing is I can't find my booking and I can't chat with freelancer to make sure if everything is set. I found my invoice and I checked the offer and it says (canceled). Can anyone explain to me how is that?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asma,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
shaheenprice
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to post any new jobs, there seems to be a block on my account. I need this to be sorted as soon as possible. 

Please can you assist me with how this is supposed to be sorted. 

ryclal
Community Member

I keep seeing a message saying financial account suspended and I can't make any withdrawals from Upwork because of this. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths