🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

704 REPLIES 704
1f3ac189
Community Member

Hello I have a really old account I used to have mainly to see what jobs are out there what skills do i need and maybe to try something if my skill level matches. Now a few years later i want to log in and i cant. Account suspended when i tru to log in. I created this new account because I can't even contact you guys or open a ticket for me to get help. I hope now somebody can help me i saw someone made a post like this with a similiar issue so i hope that got resolved and my situation can get resolved aswell. And ofcourse i will close this account after i am done and the issue is resolved but i didnt see any other solution.

Hello Ziga,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account you're referring to? I'll be happy to look into it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1f3ac189
Community Member

Hi I sent you the message with my email

fda1b287
Community Member

I wanted to login again on my upwork account. I have tried to verify my account using goverment ID from last 7 days but its not verified then I will diseded to delete that account and create the new one so after deleting account I am struggling to create new account using same email address. so please help me to get my account back once again

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Miral,

Having multiple accounts isn't allowed, and it's a serious violation of the Terms of Service. I'm afraid that opening a new account isn't the solution to the issue you were having with the verification process; I'm sorry for any inconvenience that process may have caused you. 

Please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account you closed so we can assist you in restoring it and completing your verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dd9c28c3
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem logging into my old account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**), I had to create this new account to see if I can restore it.

Hi Aleska,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your account reinstatement concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b72827b8
Community Member

Hello!
I can't log into my account. When I try to log in, it says that the password is incorrect, but I did not change it. What could have happened? The email address provided during registration is also unavailable. Perhaps someone stole my data and changed my passwords. How can I restore access?

Hi Oleksandr,

I see that you've raised a support ticket about your account reinstatement concern. I've submitted a follow-up to our support team to give your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93fc6cf3
Community Member

Hello! I badly need help!, I have an account on Upwork however was being closed even though I still have client. What am I going to do? Or is there any chance that I can have my account back? 

Hi Angelie,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH,

I just created this account so I can reach out for a support. I tried reactivating my account but it’s not working. 

Hi Angelie,

We'll be happy to look into this for you. Just as Pradeep suggested, could you click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7c940a60
Community Member

Hello there!

I was wondering if there's any way to regain access to Upwork account even when I no longer have access to the email said account was linked to.

This is obviously not the account I'm talking about, since this one was created solely for the purpose of trying to recover my older account.

I tried to get help with the Support Bot, however it wasn't able to give me any good solution, or at least I wasn't able to use said help. So I was wondering if maybe I could help through here. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Sure. Some moderator here will help you with that. Provide all info about account to him.

Hi Fabiana,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance on your main account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
74432a3c
Community Member

How do we make that happen?  In my efforts to do so I now am using email addresses I want to use for neither, and the one I want to use says "already used". 

Hi Dr. Aaron,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3df9e27e
Community Member

Hi there, I made this account to make a post here, I would like to ask for help to retrieve an account of mine since I deleted it but my email is stuck on it. 

Hi Laisa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93f6c5d2
Community Member

Hello! I lost access to my old email address and unable to log in and restore my old account.
My old email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**(cannot access it now). My new email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Can you please help me to restore the old account?

Hi Andrii,

I'm sorry to learn you lost access to your old email. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
93f6c5d2
Community Member

Thanks, LuiggiR!

d4c161fd
Community Member

Hi, I faced with an account suspension due to Upwork policy about accounts in CIS countries.

As of now, I moved outside of the CIS region and do not fall into the criteria for account suspension. But when I create a request for account restore, I receive a message saying "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).". As you may guess, I still can't log into my account.

Could you please help me to unlock my previous account so I can continue my activity on Upwork?

Thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neutron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
0f7c6060
Community Member

I forgot my email and username, I am unable to access my account. I created this account to recover my old account, I can provide anything for the proof.

Looking forward for any assistance.
Thank you!

Hi Arslan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
24a6e68f
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem with activating my account. The issue is that my account was suspended due to sanctions, but I have moved to another country and want to reactivate my account by following the necessary procedures. However, when I try to file an appeal, I almost immediately receive the following response to my email:

"We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension. However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended). If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team."

email of my account I'm trying to reactivate is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am certain that my account is suspended, as I see the message on the login page. Also, it is definitely registered because I cannot register with the same email; I receive a message stating that such an account is already registered. As a result, I cannot reach out to support and cannot activate my account. What should I do? I was forced to register with another email and write this here because I have no other options to report my problem. I'm aware of Upwork's terms of service regarding multiple accounts, and I assure you that I comply with them. Once my issue is resolved, I'll promptly delete this account.

Best regards,

Ilia Imanov
Upwork Username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
842a5df1
Community Member

How to remove my email from my old upwork profile?

I have no idea for my old Upwork profile and i am not able to change my email id on my currunt Upwork profile, it fets an error (This email is already in use.).
And I am curruntly login with Apple ID.

I have try to set this email - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please help me.

Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanjay,

~Andrea
Upwork
65d4b973
Community Member

Hi,

I've created this account just to be able to post here.

I need help getting access to my old Account:

I don't remember the username nor the E-Mail-Adress

What can I do?

Sir I need help because I logged in my account about few month ago and now I see i have 2 order in my account but I forget my email address. If you need to verify me then you can start video call to check if it's my profile or not and also I Know what is my password and what is my security questions answers. 

My account service url

https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-email-spoofing-services-email-spoofing-email-spoof...

Account name maybe: "Abid Adib" 

Hi Kemelia,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d03e3af1
Community Member

I can't find the place to put in a help/support ticket. The bot keeps giving me a link that goes back to the generic support page. 

1. I need to re-activate my account that was deleted by accident but when I follow the "instructions from the Bot it isn't accurate". 

2. I need to update my adress on this account to Pacific time, Los ANgeles and NOT Tijana but when I fill out all the information and check all the boxes it declines it and says to "FIX The problems" which highlights the top box. This is checked every time but it's not registering. 

Overall i can't sign up for any jobs because i'm "NOT in the US" and eligble and then i can't use my actual account, had to create a new one but it's not accurate. 

THIS IS SOOO FRUSTRATING! I have been trying to figure it out for 2 days! k

HELP!!!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

~Andrea
Upwork
25644ce2
Community Member

Please help me access my account. I have the email, the password and the question's answer but gmail got deleted and its linked to gmail login. Can someone contact me from the support so i can get my old account back it was verified for years.

Hi Saba,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? We'll gladly look into it and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2111c661
Community Member

Hello,

Today I am raising a very serious issue i.e. regarding Upwork account reopening process which is that they don't reopen an account after it is being closed.

I have tried multiple times to reopen my closed account but everytime I receive a new ticket ID and this automated message from support staff saying:

Hi, Suryansh

Thank you for your patience while we worked on your account.

We are now ready to proceed with the final agent review. After this step, we will either confirm that your account has been successfully reopened or inform you of any eligibility issues that may arise.

To initiate the final agent review, kindly reply to this email with the reason for your request. Once we receive your response, our team will promptly proceed with the review process.

Best regards,
Upwork Support Team

I respond to the above message every single time but didn't receive a follow up mail from the support staff which is very unprofessional.

Can anybody please escalate my complaint to the higher authorities so that this issue of ghosting customer complaints can be resolved on priority basis?

3rd ticket ID that has been assigned to me on 27th August, 2023 is #42362975 and 2nd was #42231100 assigned to me on 18th August, 2023.

DISCLAIMER: I have to make this fake account to raise my voice in this community in the hope that my issue will get resolved on priority basis as my main account is closed and unusable.

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand your concerns about the account reopening. I have forwarded this to our support team. Rest assured, it is being checked and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. I apologize for an inconvenience caused.

Thank you for choosing Upwork.

~ Johnabi

Johnabi R I would be highly grateful to you if my closed account gets reopened as the previous days have been a nightmare for me and a mental torture as well.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths