🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

704 REPLIES 704

Hi Rohit,

To reassure you, our support team will review your concern. They will be able to get back to you as soon as the agent review is complete. You can check for a response here. You may also keep checking the emails on the original email that is linked to your closed account as you may receive a response there too.

I hope this helps. Thank you for choosing Upwork.

~ Johnabi

I cannot thank you enough Johnabi R as my account is now reopened.

Thank you for helping me reopen my Upwork account and I hope you have a wonderful day ahead.

Hi sir, my upwork account suddenly has been closed after few minutes I'm verified it. What's the reason of the account being closed? Can I reopen it. The email registered for the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lion,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked the account you are referring to and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the notification sent to your registered email address. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I already open the ticket but there's no response yet?

Hi Lion,

Please be informed that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,

I have been trying to reach out to your support team through various channels, including email, chat, and phone, but I have not received any response. My account was closed due to an issue with my email, which prevented me from changing my password in time. Now that my email is working properly, I am unable to access my Upwork account.

I created this new account solely to contact you, and I will close it immediately after this issue is resolved, as I am aware of your privacy policy. My account has been active less than 2 years, and I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerly,

Hi Jean,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll gladly look into it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
099e03cf
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,
Thank you for your reply, I send you a private message.

0eb2efc3
Community Member

I closed a duplicate client account, but the entire account is now closed. I cannot log into my original client account anymore.

I had to create a new email account to post this here.

The affected account is different from this because I cannot log in into the original account. Please help!

Thanks.

Reach out to Upwork's support team as soon as possible. Explain the situation clearly and provide any necessary details, such as the account username or email address associated with the closed account.

Support is useless- I've been trying to resolve issues since Thursday and nothing has changed

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll gladly look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
44b9a7e3
Community Member

I had to create a new Upwork account because I lose access to an old email which it was very unfortunate. I used to have expierence with some jobs through Upwork and I built a reputation, and because of that I keep receiving job offers that I am not able to take. The only reason I keep receiving those notification is because I setted up a second email which I still have access, but I can not use this email as the "main email" to access to this account. I don't know what to do. 

Is there any way I can verify my whole identity? so I can access again to my account. 

Hi Camila,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
05e381d6
Community Member

Hello Evreyone!

After returning from Italy to Tunisia for a long time, I had issues with my Italian documents.
The fact is that my papers have expired and I’ve been told by someone that he can change the date of my driving license. I am asking for your help to reactivate my account (100% JSS )with Upwork.
I’m simply becoming sick without Upwork.

Thank you.

Hi Fathi,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
05e381d6
Community Member

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Here attached the email I received from upwork.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

22b69bd8
Community Member

My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have 2 profiles. I am unable to get in to the original account due to the fact that I don't have any access to the email. It's already charging me for my freelance services but I simply cannot get in. Can someone please assist. The second one was made in error. My new email is**Edited for Community Guidelines**I included a photo because I am certainly not the only person named Jennifer 

thank you 

Jennifer, TX

Hi Jennifer,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
05a25555
Community Member

My account working fine.  

Then, I was asked to confirm my identity and location again (I did it before)
I've sent the necessary documents again. They were accepted. But then I received a message that my account was closed. (I was not verified) I can only write to support from it, but she does not respond.

And I'm not alone. AI blocks my friends' accounts too

What we can do? 

Best regards

I had the same situation happen to me. My passport is real, I can provide a video of me flipping through each page in front of the camera. But the support doesn't answer me. I have seen so many comments on social networks (Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter) about Upwork verification system blocking accounts of people from different countries, accusing of falsifying ID.

Hi Bulat,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
05a25555
Community Member

Hi, Nikola!
Thank you for your response!

Could you check my account please?

Email: 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Name: Bulat Ermakov

Thank you very much ❤️

Hi Bulat, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pageYou should use your original account to access the ticket. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf293be3
Community Member

Nikola hi! Bulat is my friend, we moved to Poland together. And our accounts were blocked by upwork, accusing of falsifying ID. Bulat doesn't have access to his original account. He can't contact you. Why are you providing a link if you know he doesn't have access to his account. It doesn't solve the problem. We have been asking for help for a week now. The upwork verification system is buggy. No one wants to fix it. Every day I see new reports of the same erroneous lockouts. What should we do? How to restore our accounts?

Hi Irina,

When a ticket is created, you can view it from your Upwork account, and likewise, an email is sent to the email address you have on file. If the user is unable to log in to your Upwork account to check the ticket, they can check their email. If it's not in inbox, kindly try checking the spam folder. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
52a29fe7
Community Member

Hi, I've been having a problem with my account during last 2 weeks.

Upwork requested re-verification of my account and I sent all requireed documents. Auto-generated email from suppot service informed me that I need to reupload documents and I uploaded my utility bills again. But after several days I got an email saying that now my ID passport is fake and it's absolute nonsense because it's a government document. Support servics didn't respond to my emails and tickets then and permanently suspended my account in several days. 

I can see a lot of user eperiencing the same problem. Is there a way to solve it and restore account? I've been working using Upwork more than 5 years and this situation is very bad. My login is arratasan and email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Veranika,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I've also shared the information you provided for the account you need assistance with. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you to coordinate and assist. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
278ed7e7
Community Member

278ed7e7_0-1712420800610.png

Please help me 🙏 I dont understand what to do!!!

😔

Jemes Mondol

Hi Artem,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2b61ff79
Community Member

I had an account long ago on upwork, working on a very long term contract. It was closed due to duplication as I was also working in an agency at that time in parallel and didn't want to share history between accounts. But now I returned to upwork and want to work as individual. Though I would gladly appreciate having my past history be present in my current account. Is it possible to update history on current account from the previous one?

No. Multiple accounts is rules violation. You must restore original one and delete all bots.

I pinged the moderator to help with this.

Hi Vlad,

Having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Terms of Service. Additionally, it is not possible to transfer your work history between accounts. We may be able to assist in restoring this old account you are referring to; could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll gladly look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ca8d19a5
Community Member

Hi,

I've lost my email and can't access my old upwork account, so I've opened a new one. How can I restore or delete the other account?
Thank you for your consideration

Hi Holy,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c20aeac
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

Can anyone help me to reopen my closed account as well? I haven’t been able to contact anyone for a long time since all my requests in the chatbot were probably ignored.

I also cannot write to any moderator who is present here.

Thank you!

Hi Viktor,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths