🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

704 REPLIES 704
4c20aeac
Community Member

Hi Luiggi.

I sent you a message, but I'm not sure if you received it.
Знімок екрана 2024-04-09 о 15.09.53.png

Could you please confirm?

Thank you!

7139cc56
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am reaching out to seek urgent assistance with a critical issue I am currently facing with my Upwork account. Unfortunately, I am unable to log in due to having forgotten the email address associated with my account. 

Profile Link**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Full Name: Anushka Naikar
Username (if remembered): Anushka N (Not Sure)

I kindly request your guidance on how to proceed with recovering my account and would greatly appreciate it if you could inform me about the email ID used for this account. 

Anushka Naikar

Hi Anushka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f133fc2b
Community Member

Hello, I closed my upwork back in 2021, is there anyway i can reactivate it ? TIA

Hi Zahir,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f133fc2b
Community Member

Appreciate it Nikola. Thanks!  

ec6e0db5
Community Member

My account has been closed, and I want to reactivate it. I have pending payments in my account, so I need help to recover those payments. There was an issue with identity verification, which led to the closure of my account. Now, I have completed a project on Upwork and I want to withdraw the payment for that project. However, my account is closed, and there seems to be no way to retrieve the payment from it.

Please assist me in reactivating my account and in withdrawing my pending payments.

Account Suspended 

Hi Aayan,

I saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bb939a43
Community Member

Hello,

I've created temporary acct in order to create support request in resolving access to my general acct. 

Now I restored acct to my general acct and closed that temp acct. But now when I wanna update e-mail address in my general acct it says that that emailn address is already in use. Could you assist please. I need to update my acct profile email from

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kind regards,

Eugene

Hi Yevhen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f4bff124
Community Member

got an email that someone tried to log in to your account from a different location and after some days, I was unable to log in or reset the password, using a friend account to post in here, as I don't have access to my account anymore. plz help 

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to?

- Pradeep

Upwork

yes i sent you a message in private two times but it's not showing in my inbox, it's empty

what should I do next plz let me know?SCR-20240423-sgkl.png

Hi Muhammad,

I was able to access the information you shared for the account you need assistance with and confirmed that it's a different profile. Please be aware that sharing account information or allowing another user to access your account is strictly prohibited and severely violates Upwork's TOS.

Your friend should be able to contact our support team via the chatbot without logging in.

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to use the chatbot to access support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork

My account was closed before, now I want to reopen, How should I do?

Hi Wade,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0afbd8a9
Community Member

Hi, everyone! I've already sent my support request via website (Ticket ID: #46802507), but I want to update. Had to create this fake account just to reach the forum (sorry, didn't find the other ways to update my request without account)

I've signed up to UpWork 26.04.2024 around 3 AM and my account was immediately approved. But a few hours later, it was closed without me getting any e-mails, etc. The update is, I suppose the issue occurred because my browser autofilled my pseudonym instead of a real name during registration and I didn't notice it. I sincerely apologize for my mistake (after all, it was 3 AM). I'd like to know, if this is the reason and what can I do to get my account back & change my name.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c0d2f843
Community Member

Hello, I need to be able to access my original account. I was using it in December 2023, I haven't logged in for a few months, so I forgot my password. When trying to recover it, I receive an email to my associated email account, but when trying to follow the recovery procedure, the platform tells me that it is not possible to change it because it does not have the necessary information.

And then when I try to log in automatically with my Google account, I receive a message informing me that this email is not associated with Upwork.

I don't understand why this happens when I have been on this platform for more than 8 years. I want to recover my account, with my work history and the reviews shared by my former clients. I have ways to validate my identity, and I also remember the answer to my security question. In order to contact support and create this ticket, I had to open a new email account.

Hi Karla,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in to your account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3eaaffe5
Community Member

Hi Team, 

I tried finding a way to contact you through chat, but had no luck. I am trying to change the email in my profile to a personal email that is associated with an already inactive/closed account. It looks like the old account was closed without my consent due to inactivity. I was not aware that I had previously started an account years ago (or I would have just logged in), until I saw in my settings that I could not make the changes manually. I have not done any interviews, jobs, or payments on the account if that helps.

Since I am new to the platform, if I need to reinstate the previous account instead, I will happily do so. I plan to follow the Upwork guidelines. I'm just looking for assistance on how to move foward since I can't find anyone to talk to in support. 

Thank you! 

-Madison 

You cannot create new account at old or new email, it is violation. Only one way possible: restore original account and remove all bots.

Thank you for the reply! How do I get my original account to be restored? I have no problem following all the guidelines that Upwork sets out. I just can't find someone to chat with about this.

Some moderator will contact you here about details and will help to proceed,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths