🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't upload my image since I wear Niqab
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773
Community Member

hey community!

i don't have permission to upload my picture in profile not even in vail is there anyother way?

re: "i don't have permission to upload my picture in profile not even in vail is there anyother way?"

Yes.

There are many other sites which do NOT require freelancers to upload a profile photo.

You are welcome to use any of those.

Also, be sure to read this thread:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/I-wear-a-veil-how-do-I-upload-my-profile-picture-with-...

ad868fa4
Community Member

I wear the niqab and want to change the picture of the account and put a picture that does not show my face
I will be very grateful to you if you help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nora Gomaa,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused.

Please try again to upload your profile photo with a niqab? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member
JoanneP

Hi Gabrielle,

Could you please retry uploading your profile picture now? If you encounter any issues again, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nimrah_amir
Community Member

I am facing an issue in uploading my profile picture in the veil. can any moderator help me?

Hi Nimrah,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please try uploading your profile photo with a veil again? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks. my picture is uploaded. Upwork community is very vey cooperative.
kiran_abidz
Community Member

Hi!!

Kiran here!! I'm a Muslim and wear hijab but Upwork is not allowing me to add my hijab profile picture. I can't upload pictures without a veil so please understand. 

I also have a youtube channel and wear hijab in it also:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Please allow me to wear the niqab. 

Thanks

Hi Kiran,

Please retry uploading your profile picture now. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7a8163a2
Community Member

hello please could you help me I want to upload my picture with a niqab but I can't

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Somaia,

Could you please try uploading your photo with a niqab again?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
taqdees-fatima
Community Member

Hi, I wear veil. How can i upload my photo with veil?

Hi Taqdees,

Feel free to upload your image with veil now and if you experience any problems on your end, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hagar_sobhy
Community Member

Hello
I need religious exemption for profile photo to submit my profile

Hello Hagar,

I understand your concern and I have added a religious exemption to your Upwork profile photo now. You will still need to upload a profile photo on your Upwork profile wearing your religious dress to submit your Upwork profile.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
d70a6ab9
Community Member

Hi,

I need to contact a support agent to request a religious exemption regarding my profile picture. 

It would be very kind of you to help 🙂 

Hi Uswah,

We're happy to help! Could you please try uploading your profile picture now?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d70a6ab9
Community Member

Thank you so much, Andrea, that was very kind of you. 🙂 

I am grateful to you and the Upwork team.

norlianak
Community Member

Hello team,

I'm having an issue uploading my profile picture for my Upwork profile. Based on searches, it is possible due to wearing a veil. Have tried re-uploading several time, but to no avail. Can anyone kindly assist me on this matter?

Attached is the screenshot of the issue face and the profile picture attempted to be uploaded.

Hi Nor Liana,

You should be able to upload your profile picture with a veil now. Please check and let us know if you still need help with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Yes, it works! Thank you very much for assisting.

Stay safe.

Hi Aleksandar,

Hope you are well.

I want to update my profile picture to a friendlier appearance, but couldn't as I'm wearing a veil. Can you help me again?

Hi Nor,

Can you please try changing your profile picture? You should be able to update it now.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

That I did. Thank you so much Luiggi 🙂

039f690c
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to upload my picture with niqab on. Can you please resolve the issue. 

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Aliya.

Could you please try uploading your profile photo with the niqab again?

~ Bojan
Upwork
136be72c
Community Member

Hey I am a muslim so I want to upload a pic with veil but I can't.
What should I do now?

Hi Noori,

Can you please try uploading your picture again now? It should allow you to. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abeer__mostafa
Community Member

Hello

I would like to upload my photo with my face veil. I wonder if there is any other type of verification method or anyone can help me with that so that I can upload my photo. 

Hi Abeer,

Please try to upload your image now and if you experience any problems on your end, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I've a similar issue. I don't want to upload my picture. Kindly guide me if your problem is solved.

Hi Tahira,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. You can check this help article for more information on profile pictures. If you need to cover your face for religious purposes, we can add a religious exemption to your profile to allow you to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Please let us know if you would like us to do so.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi @Andrea,

Thanks for your timely response, and sorry I couln't get back to you earlier. Yes, I'm a muslim and I need a religious exemption but I don't have any issue to upload my profile picture with a face cover.

Kindly let me know further, to solve this issue.

Thanks again!

Thank you for following up, Tahira! 

Could you please try again to upload your profile photo?

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I thank you for your response. The issue still persists, it doesn't let me update my picture with a face cover. It is displaying this error (screenshot is attached).

Hi Tahira,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I want to start working as a freelancer but I need to complete my profil and i don't want to put a picture of my face, so I would like to know if I can put a picture of the work I do or no picture at all...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths