🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Can anyone help me with my situation I  have clients and it is taking too long it has been about a week since I submitted it! Tomorrow is the last day and I have a client tomorrow with a contract she would like to start with my ID verification says 1 business day to be verified but it has been about a week!! PLEASE HELP!!!

307c2a36
Community Member

I am also facing the same problem, Please some one from upwork support help me. I will be thatfull to you. its been 3 days now. i am worried

Hi Muhammad,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9da7ee8c
Community Member

Avery,

I also am experiencing this problem. May you please assist me?

thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification is complete now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
df2d9089
Community Member

Hey Avery,

I submitted my ID for verification two days ago, my account had been on hold since yesterday and it's still showing me, "we're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

When will I have full access to my account again, please I need urgent response.

Hi Chukwuebuka,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I checked your account and can confirm that your ID verification was successful and the temporary hold on your account has been lifted. 

~ AJ
Upwork

i am experiencing this issue, "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." please resolve it 

Hi Ahsan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Please check your email as our team sent out details on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Avery,

Hope you're doing well.

I am having the same problem now.

I submitted docs and had a video call 5 days ago but it's not done yet.

Could you please check the progress?

I would really like to get back to working and continue providing the 5 star development services that my clients have come to expect from me.

Thank you

4a7aca83
Community Member

Hello,

I have submitted my ID document verification and Visual verification 4 days ago. I still have an alarm that says  "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days." And another one says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

I have til 11/11/2022 for this to be handled. Help me, please.

3bdc94ed
Community Member

I still have the same issue.. Can you verify mine too, please

3bdc94ed
Community Member

I am facing the same issue.. please verify my identity as fast as you can

Hi Mina,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up as well. Please continue coordinating with the team through the same ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
05b34c3c
Community Member

Hi, I have been experiencing the same thing. I have submitted the requirements 3 days ago but up unitl now it's still not verified. i worry because I have an ongoing project and the system says if I don't verify my id until the 14th of November. Upwork will be holding my salary

Hi Angeli,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Avery,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification 3 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1-3 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Hello Avery,

I am having the same issue It says "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days" but 3 days is already over. 

8f4f22b7
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I believe I made a mistake during ID Verification and only submit the ID Photo, instead of the whole ID Document .

Is there any way I can fix this situation? 

Would appreciate an urgent reponse to this.

Thank you. 

Hi Nihan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Should our team need you to further verify your details, they will reach out to you with instructions on how you can complete the verification.

~ AJ
Upwork
2d7c6109
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 3business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers. My account in hold since 15 day.

Solved 

1fb54ad3
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

I submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it still shows the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

1 to 7 working days, depending on how many they have to review.  

Hi Obi,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi there,

I've submitted my id verification process and it's already 3 business now and still not notified.

Please provide me some help, that would be great !

Dave Vilpigue 

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reaching out. I submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review. One of the members has reached out via email with more information and instructions for you to complete the ID verification. Don't hesitate to communicate if you have questions or need further assistance. You may also access the ticket linked to your case here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Mam good afternoon

i added a stylish profile picture a few days back .then i got a order then i saw a notification to verify documents so now i am unable to change profile even though i have submitted nic and a selfie for verification

visual verification cant pass because mistankly aded a stylish photo as profile it has been 2 days now?

Hi  Shams Ul Din,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review and submitted a follow-up. One of the members has reached out via email with more information and further instructions on how to complete the review. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello guys

My name is Shams Ul Din Janjhi i am from pakistan. as pakistan is hub of freelancers the most of freelancers have their national id cards in Urdu(pakistani language) so upwork must hire a team for verification for Pakistan specially.

why I am saying this?

recently i got a order and saw a notification to complete identity verification in 7 days so i submitted my orignal nic and selfie for verification. it was rejected i thought maybe its due to a bad quality picture so i took clean pics of nic and reuploaded again they rejected. i dont understand why. because i am from Pakistan? is this reason?

so i am waiting for verification through video call or at least hire a pakistani which understand the urdu . your translaters who translate local language ids are complete failure as i observed...

i am really very disappointed

Hi Shams UI Din,

I can see that you're still in communication with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. I'd suggest that you continue communicating with them via the same ticket so you can have your verification completed. 

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
266232e5
Community Member

Hello Avery,
I am experiencing the same issue. I've submitted my ID more than 3 days ago but it is still showing "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." for more than 3 days. 

Hi Mustafa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cd20c95d
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

I have the same issue occurring with my verification process as well. Can you please help me out here?

Anticipating your response. 

Regards,
Salman

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and I can see that you're already communicating with our team via ticket. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." and taking too long. Please help. Thanx

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. We were unable to process your ID at this time. Could you please try submitting your ID again from this link?

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork
sirayhan_cse
Community Member

Hello there, I have the same issue. I submitted my documents around 15-20 days before but still didn't receive any confirmation/notifications. Could you please help me to solve this issue? 

Regards,
Saiful

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths