🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
fd3a26d4
Community Member

Oh really helpful for me thanks a lot, but I have another doubt, mam, if I didn't get ID verification blue tick then is it possible to lose customer traffic? on my account ?

Hi Akthar,

Your profile is still visible and accessible even if you don't have an ID Verified Badge.

~Andrea
Upwork
7a45b24a
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm a russian resident in France, and I've tried to verify my ID following the instruction and the website rejected my ID.
In France I have residence permit card, and actually my card is expired and I renew my card.
While my card is being made, french prefecture gave me residence permit application document, which have same value in France as residence permit card, through the period when you wait your card.
I used this document to verify my ID, but itwas rejected.

Can anyone please help me or explain how I can verify my ID?

Thank you!

Hi Aleksei,

The team has reached out to you via support ticket here with information about verifying your ID. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reply to them directly so they can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
imranjan46
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, 
Recently I have contracted with my client through Upwork Direct Contract. Now Upwork has asked to verify my identity, I have submitted my selfie and also I have submitted my ID card, selfie was approved instantly but the ID card is under review. 
Now when I go to the home page it shows me "Action required: Your account has been restricted until you complete Identity Verification. " when I tap on get started It shows me again to submit your ID card. I have submitted it, so should I resubmit it or what should I do now?

Also,  I didn't get any emails regarding this process just like, Your request is under review or your selfie is approved.

Hi Imran,

There are three submissions we need from you. ID document, Location, and Visual (your selfie). It seems you were already able to submit your documents for the location and visual verifications, which have both been successfully verified. Please submit your document for ID verification as well. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your prompt attention to my concern. However, I wanted to clarify that I have already submitted my ID card for verification, and it was under review. When I checked the verification page again, it is asking me to send the verification details again.

I would like to know if this is a technical issue or if there is any additional information required from my end. Please let me know how I can proceed with the ID verification process, as I am eager to complete it and remove the restriction on my account.

Thank you for your help and support.

I have attached some picture for better understanding.

Best regards, Imran

Hi Imran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
komalrana786
Community Member

I need help if soomeone can guide me, where I can find ID Varification if it is not showing up in my settings? I am unable to submit proposals because of ID Varification and I tried everything but my whole day got wasted. 

Please guide..
Regards Komal.

Hi Komal,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. I have also checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification.

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f0b4d570
Community Member

Hello
I received the following message. Considering that I sent the required items, my message is still visible.
Do I need to do anything else?

Action required: Verify your identity by 03/08/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hi Hessam,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members has reached out to you via email with instructions on how to complete your ID review. Please coordinate with the team by responding to the email or checking this page for the ticket linked to your support ticket. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
komalrana786
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Many thanks for coming to my help. I tried everything but still I am unable to submit a proposal. What do you suggest would be the issue?
Regards, 

Komal

I tried to submit proposal but its rejected saying an error and asking go to get support for ID Varification. I tried every thing but cannot see the ID Varification icon in my account. Need help!
Regard,
Komal

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your confirmation. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4aff9aa
Community Member

Hello! I'm having trouble confirming my location and I'm afraid that my account will be blocked. I have been in Georgia for two months already and have attached documents on account statement and payment for tests at the clinic, but these documents did not fit. I can attach documents about that, a stamp on the congress to the country, a bank account (in Georgian), payment of utility bills. I am attaching all the documents in the letter. I do not plan to return to Russia. My boyfriend paid for the apartment and the utility bill and we have a common card with spending in Georgian stores. I am now talking with the client and you are already in the development of the project. I'm afraid to let him down, that the account will be blocked. Help me please! What should I do to prevent my account from being blocked?

ashdada
Community Member

Anna best way is to call upwork support, they are always helpful they resolved my issue as well.

Go to upwork support and then help centre chat with the support agent or call.

They will guide you step by step on a call as well keep your computer right in front of you to sent the screenshot to then for whatever you encounter.

I am sure they will help you get through.

Regards.

Afshan 

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d8d2ba17
Community Member

Hi, I'm new on Upwork. It's been 1 week since I created my account on Upwork but I can not see my ID Verification box on my profile setting. Moreover, I didn't receive any email from Upwork regarding my ID Verification. It would be highly appreciated if you please help me out in this matter. Thanks!

Hi Kiran,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi

I have earned some money on Upwork.

Now I want to withdraw but I do not have a government-verified ID. So, now can I withdraw my money without verification of my ID.

Thanks

49dac3c6
Community Member

I have earned some money on Upwork which I want to withdraw.

I don't have a government-verified ID but my brother has.

Now can I verify my account with his documents?

Hi M Zahir,

Please know that you can only verify your account with an ID document that belongs to you. You can learn more about this here.

~Andrea
Upwork
49dac3c6
Community Member

Thanks for reaching out very soon.

So now Can I withdraw my earned money without ID verification.

Yes you can, M Zahir. You can check the available payment methods here.

~Andrea
Upwork
1b0bfd20
Community Member

Hi. I verified my profile using my Government ID Card and Selfie. I got an email that my id is verified and a verification badge is showing on my profile. But the problem is when I am trying to buy plus membership its shows that my id is under verification review. Even I am not able to connect my Payoneer account or bank account and can not withdraw my earnings.

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes but it's been 3 days and my problem is not fixed yet.

Hi Mohammad,

I'm sorry about the delay. I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that your verification review has been completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
48d4c926
Community Member

Hello everyone,  can you please guide.

I currently lives in Australia. my place of bith is Pakistan and i moved here in Australia about 3 years ago. i lost my photo ID of Australia. i just applied for new one and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my new photo ID. so i need some more time with ID verification process as my photo ID was lost and it's a genuine issue. My ID verification process deadline is 7th march. I don't want to see my account in hold as it would affect my work and contracts that I am working on. can you please tell either upwork will extend time of my deadline.?or is there any other way to verify my identity. ? 

raju42
Community Member

Contact Upwork support, Try to explain what you face. 

Hi Amber,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
026ec86b
Community Member

I uploaded my ID and my selfie, I am waiting 1-3 business days to verify my identity, but today I had no connections to apply for more proposals, so I uploaded my husband's credit card to buy more connections, since I have no credit card, immediately I get that I have to verify my identity again but with my husband's name. I need help, since the verification is in my name Monica Liliana Giraldo Gallego and not the name of my husband's credit card. I have already eliminated this payment method so as not to generate error. I Need Help.

I need to confirm my identity to fulfill my first contract. Thank you.

Monica,

Agreed accomplish one task at a time so the sytem doesn't get confused. If you have your own credit card, all the better. Have a great day!

Thank you for your answer, but how do I fix the problem? even though I deleted my husband's credit card, it asks me to verify my identity again but with his name, even though I already uploaded my ID and selfie.

Hello Monica,

I can see that your initial review is in progress. Kindly allow more time for the team to finish their review, they'll let you know if more information is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
026ec86b
Community Member

Thanks Luis! I'm just worried that the platform can't continue with my verification because of the mistake I made of charging my husband's credit card to buy more connections since I'm at 0. I also agreed to send tomorrow what I agreed with my first contract, so could you help me soon to solve this problem? or should I just wait, I'm scared that with this error my profile will be blocked 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monica Liliana, 

On Upwork, you may be asked to verify your account now and then to ensure the safety of the marketplace. There are several verification processes on Upwork; you may read more about them here.

As for using your husband's credit card to purchase connects, you should be able to use this billing method as long as you can verify it when needed. 

As Luiggi has shared, the team will reach out to you with more information if needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
026ec86b
Community Member

Hi Avery Thank you for your reply.
I am happy because the identity verification badge already appears on my account. However, I keep getting an alert message that some services are temporarily suspended because I have to verify my identity, even though I already have the badge.
I keep getting my husband's credit card information to verify my identity, even though I have already removed it from my account.
I am concerned that I will not be able to use this medium to buy more connections because I am at 0, I already have my first contract but I need to keep sending proposals.
I will send you the images of how it appears on my account. Can you help me so that this notification does not appear? and in this case I can buy more connections through PayPal and register my husband's credit card? because I have no other way to buy and I do not want to generate more errors in the platform. Thank you.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths