🐈
» Forums » Support » I can't find identity verification in my sett...
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
fb93baf9
Community Member

Hello I am requested to verify my ID on upwork. I inserted my italian passport but it is asking me to submit another document to verify that I live in the USA.
I am trying to submit my green card but the system does not allow me to press continue to upload the document once  I select what type of verification it is. I am stuck

Hi Salar, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
709dfb9a
Community Member

hello i am not able to get verified at all

Hi Geetanjali,

I checked your account and I see that you have already resubmitted your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

In India its adhar card or pan card i can send but when i sent adhar card it wasnt verified i again submited pan card its not verified now its taking alot of time to submit 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Geetanjali,

We understand the urgency of your concern so that you could proceed with utilizing the platform. 

I've checked on the status of your ID Verification and it looks like the document you've submitted has been rejected.  Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied.

Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. You can also refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 
Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
709dfb9a
Community Member

hey its been alot of days now my status ther is on pennding i am unable to submit my new request please let me know that also can you please confirm as that was mentioned the quality of my id imag was not good can i submit the soft copy of my id  which we download from the sites you know in image or pdf formate it wil conaitain my everything but not signature as in inda we only have pan card which have signature but that dosnt have addresses 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Geetanjali,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review. Kindly expect an update on your ID Verification status momentarily. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
709dfb9a
Community Member

hey there there is no update yet its been 24 hours on your comment also please update that softcopy thing

please update my status i got the issue there i"ll fix it this time

Hi Geetanjali,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

hey can you please let me know now its been alot of days 

on nov 30 i posted this issue 

and its 10 dec now

Hi Geetanjali,

We’ve requested an update on your support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please i am very curious and willing to bid here on upwork do it ASAP 🥺

dd4f8f69
Community Member

I am new to upwork and I have tried 7-8 time or more and it fails each time saying that 
"It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types. If you don't have a supported ID type, please contact us ."

And the 'contact us' has nothing like contact us there. Is a bot that keeps redirecting me to academy, articles but nothing that can solve me this problem. I need a human contact or a support ticket/request that can help me get verified ASAP and help me get on with work.

Hi Amanpreet,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5504287b
Community Member

Hi, please I’m having issues with using my NIN to verify my account on Upwork. It keeps saying had some trouble verifying your ID. Can someone help me out please?

Hi,

I have a similar issue, system is not allowing me to submit any bids.

Error - "ID verification"

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi Narishia,

I checked your account, and it doesn't look like you're required to complete any verification. Can you please share a screengrab of the error you're seeing so we can better assist you?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Goodness,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a229160f
Community Member

Please help me. I can't find identity verification in my settings. When account verification which available on help center articles it brings an error. Has Upwrok changed its settings? I literally can't see identity verification on settings. Kindly help!

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Abrar,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification.

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e3c991b3
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity on upwork. But, because I live in Egypt, the only options I have is passport and Visa. Is there any way that I can get verified by my government ID card ?

I believe you can get verified.
Check the link.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Hazem,

You will need to take a picture of your government-issued ID in order to verify your identity. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. Feel free to check this help article for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to submit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to proceed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ac0758c
Community Member

Hi there,

I wanted to know what should I do since I live in canada and hold an iranian passport and dont have a drivers liscence. Also, I uploaded my visa page that canda issued on my passport but I think since its not included with an photo of myself it gets rejected, what should I do?

Hello Raymand,

I am sorry to hear that your uploaded documents were rejected. I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket for the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
77e23cd5
Community Member

IHello everyone,

I received and got this badge on my upwork account, so I went ahead and uploaded some government documents and id such as my passport and residence i.d. But then after 1 day I received email from upwork team that they couldnt verify my documents since it does not match my account details from my uploaded documents. I then changed the address from my upwork profile to match the address from the documents. However, it still get rejected. I wonder why what was the problem here. I uploaded my documents and i.d clearly. not blurred not edited totally raw. since that was their requirements in uploading the documents. I only have 5 more days left till they will suspend my account if I cant verify my identity. Also I have an ongoing work in upwork. Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (13).png

Hi Aiko,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1ca612d7
Community Member

I am trying to complete my verification process but I got stcuk in upload of national ID card. This is the error message I get "It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID". PleaseI need to complete the verification process. Please can someone help me?

Hi Gabriel,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5e1ba14b
Community Member

I can only prove my identification with my government-issued Nepalese citizenship card. However, it appears that Upwork only accepts the ID type "Passport".

Hi Roopesh,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
88a77f82
Community Member

I have a problem with Identity Verification, I live in lebanon and it says that the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is through a passport, but I dont have passport, so is there any other way? Why I cannot submit my national ID? Or a visual verification? 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Slaiman,

You may try submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID as long as it reaches the criteria listed in this help articleOnce you are ready to submit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
88a77f82
Community Member

Hello Arjay

It says that I can only submit a passport, where can I submit other other alternate Valid Government-issued ID?

31fdc37d
Community Member

Hello.

Is the Syrian ID cards acceptable for verifying the account?!

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Ramzie,

Your government-issued photo ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address. Since Syria is one of the countries that are not permitted to register for accounts or utilize our platform, using Syrian ID cards is not acceptable.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I went through the ID verification process as a freelancer yesterday and received an upwork email notification today stating I can start submitting proposals. However, when I go to apply for a job, I'm being asked to re-verify my ID again? I couldn't find a way to actually talk with someone at Upwork via chat. So I'm trying here for support.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Ken,

We understand you may have verified your identity in the past. We ask freelancers to re-verify because periodic checks ensure that their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. We aim to make this process as seamless as possible, and thank you for contributing to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

I've reached out to the team handling the review, and they'll have one of the members reach out via email with further instructions on resolving the issue with your ID verification. Feel free to coordinate, and they'll assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths