🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,553 REPLIES 2,553

A Big green Splash across the screen saying "solved"

After reading and rereading the question and your answer several times.

It became clear that you never answered the question that was being asked !

Which was

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ?

PradeepH

That is not a solution, I have been trying to complete my profile for more than a month without success.

With all the technological potential, and thousands of people apparently providing support, they cannot think of a more practical methodologies.

I already invested my financial resources buying CONNECTS, as well as time to try to get my first contract, I don't see, there is seriousness on the part of the UpWork team.

By the way, at least take the time to rewrite, because your answer is the same, literal, COPY-PASTE.

Hello, The system is telling me "Action required: Verify your location in order to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." in the red banner on the top of the page. 

When I select 'Get started' the page displays the attahced, there is no option to upload etc. 

I also recieved an email Virify location but it takes me to the same page as attached. No options to upload etc. Please can you assist?

Hi Hameed,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your location. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

hello i have tried to verify my account  severally and it seems to not get verified please assist. Also i cant apply to any job by pressing the button 

Hello Praheed, I am reaching out because I see you are a moderator and I need urgent help. I already wrote in the forum a few days ago but no one is answering me and this is very important. I have submitted my verification about 4 days ago and I am still not verified. I did all the steps and it's telling me I am under manual verification but it's been taking way too long, and I was told it would be 24-72 hours at most. I have contracts awaiting and money in my account and I cannot deposit or accept contracts. This is very stressful for me since I am losing a lot of money. Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you! 

Hi Alexandra,

We certainly understand how important it is for your account concerns to be addressed in a timely manner. However, I see several tickets were raised for your case. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on one of your tickets here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

Additionally, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Thank you.

Hi! I can't get verified. I submitted my driver's license 2 times, but upwork asks me to do it again. I wanted to send my passport, but your camera does not accept it. Yesterday I spent an hour in vain so that your camera would say “Can’t read every element on your photo page,” although the photo was perfectly. How can I finally pass identity verification?

Hi Leonid,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a9e166ea
Community Member

Hi NikolaS,

Can you check my account please, It's very long time. Thank you so much.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 22.34.09.png

Hi Quoc,

I checked and can see that your verification has already been completed. Could you please log out and log back in to confirm? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

My driver's license bar code will not scan. I've followed all the steps listed in help. There are no issues with the front of the license, only the back. Is there someone that can help me? Thank you.

I am trying to verify my identity. However, the back of my driver's license will not scan. I have no issues with the front of the ID. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips and am still having problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If the back of your driver's license won't scan despite troubleshooting attempts, you might consider manually entering the information from the back of your license. Alternatively, you could contact the organization or service you're trying to verify your identity with and explain the issue. They may have alternative methods for verifying your identity or could provide further assistance.

I can't seem to find my Job Success Score on my profile. Is there a minimum number of projects or a waiting period before it appears

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Could you please try clearing the cache and cookies or history your mobile device? You may also try to use a private mode.

Please let us know if the issue persists afterward; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am getting an error on click of link <Identity Verification> Please help me out of this. Screenshot is given below

manoj1591984_0-1711956886468.png

I am trying to verify my prophylaxis, but I don't have an ID card, my nationality is swiss and my residence permit in the UK is online, it is confirmed by a code. I have bank statements and other government documents that I can present as proof of residence, I could apply for a physical residence card, but this takes many months. I urgently need to start working! is there a solution?

I seem to be having ID Verification issues as well - I have a banner notification and an email (I needed to change bank details) but no way of submitting the ID on a Desktop - I don't use a mobile phone for Upwork. Can you sort this out, much appreciated.

Hi John,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

please help me i have the same problem ASAPScreenshot 2024-04-02 160211.png

Hi Tebibu,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team, 

I'm facing the same issue. I've submitted my ID's several times, but still it's showing me the same thing, and this is getting very frustrating. Please, I need your help asap.

158e2be7_0-1713208790009.png

Hi. I'm having the same issue. The picture is not getting accepted. Can you do manual personal approval.

I have a problem regarding mismatched name. When I first created upwork I used my nickname but immediately edited it to my legal name, but now when I try to verify my identity, it shows the nickname I put when I created the account and it's I cannot edit it. Can you help me?

Hi Luisa,

I see that you've been coordinating with the team about the ID verification issue you're experiencing. We suggest you continue doing that through the support ticket that was raised here or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,

I have uploaded my Philippine National ID for verification, but why can't I apply for a job? How will I know if the ID I sent has been approved?

Thanks,

Raiza B.

Hi Raiza,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you to assist you further with completing the ID Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Mr. PradeepH, i have the same problem. My ID always get rejected 

Hi Rafly,

I checked your account and can confirm that your account is already verified. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pardeep, 

I am doing identity verification process but in start it said that to scan qr code or send code to mobile number. but when I scanned qr code then it give me link of same page. and after that I send code to my number but I am not receiving code. What is problem? Can you please resolve my issue. I also double checked number and every thing is just fine. here is my attached ss

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Bharti,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am also having an issue with my identity verification with my Louisiana ID card. I'm pretty sure it's because our IDs are vertically oriented, while most of the rest of the U.S. uses IDs that are horizontally oriented, so when trying to get the barcode on the back of the ID scanned, it's next to impossible. I've been trying to create a support ticket but the support bot has not cooperated. I need assistance. I do have acceptable .jpg images of my ID on hand, I need to know where I can upload them, please. I'm trying to apply for a job now, and I'm not being allowed because of this! 

Hi Karen,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your ID verification concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I recently verified my ID on Upwork by providing my government-issued ID card. Today, I received a message from Upwork stating that my profile has been verified and that I have been awarded 50 free connects for the first time. However, despite the verification, the verified badge is not yet visible on my profile.

Hi Saim,

I checked your account and you have not completed a full account verification yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for full account verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi submitted an id for verification and on my page it shows like these.. Can someone tell me if i needed to do another step to complete the verification? 

allan_aranas_0-1713289121805.png

I have submites all the information but all the icon is still in yellow, there is no button to resend, please help

Screenshot_2024-04-17-12-25-31-68.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths