🐈
» Forums » Support » 3D Modeller
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
136b008f
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I'm reaching out because I'm encountering difficulties with the identity verification process. It appears that the third-party model responsible for recognizing my driver's license is not performing well. Could someone assist me with manual verification? I have the evidence indicating that I successfully completed the camera step, but the driver's license isn't being recognized. Maybe because I'm from Brazil and it's not trained to perform that good on these docs.

Hi Arthur,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties uploading your driver's license to complete the ID verification. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a0e73411
Community Member

I can't complete identity verification. When I submit a document, upwork asks me to do it again and again and again... I sent the document several times, eventually I stopped doing it. And a couple of days later the upwork wrote that I had not passed the verification process. I sent the document again, upwork asked for it again and again and again, and again I failed verification. What should I do to get verified?

Hi Leonid,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your ID-verified. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you with more information and further assistance.

You may also visit this help article for more details and guidelines when submitting government-issued IDs for review.

~ Arjay
Upwork
187ad49e
Community Member

I am having the exact same issue that others have described with ID verify. I clicked to 'Get Started' on ID verification. I got the text, followed the link. And it just brought me back to this same page (screencapped above). I also tried the QR code.  Both ways keep me just stuck in a loop.  I guess I tried the text message one to many times, because then it said I exceeded the amount of text messages, and now my account is suspended? I just completed my first job, and am looking forward to finding more work. Can anyone help us?

I also submitted a support ticket, but haven't heard back...

Hi Ali,

I can confirm that our verification team has received your ticket. Please allow them time to review and update you on the same ticket. One of our agents will assist you in completing your ID verification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6c9954c3
Community Member

How long does it take to receive an email that I can get my account verified?  There's no Identity Verification on my settings.

Hi Jordan Zara,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6c9954c3
Community Member

Can I accept jobs even though I'm not ID verified? I heard that if an account is not ID verified, I'll have problems withdrawing pay.

Community Member

I try many times to verify my upwork but keep rejected, I use my nin but not going,  please any help 

Hello Ogunsola, 

Congratulations on your just completed task on Upwork. 

What I used for my verification was my drivers license. 

Hope this helps 

Cheers
Chukwuemeka

Hoi Ogunsola,

I see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team to address your ID verification concerns. A support ticket was raised and we suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket or email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
990715d4
Community Member

I tried again but the system doesn't want to recognize my passport. This is the 6th day of my torment.....

8921ec30
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,
I have the same problem with identity verification, it's been a week and I'm unable to verify my profile because of that I can't bid for the work.
I've submitted my Id, selfie more then 10 times and tried different documents but getting notification to upload again or a document with a country or different selfie, it's really frustrating.
Can you ask an agent to check my account, please?

Hi Anshul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8921ec30
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,
Thanks for escalating, it's resolved now.

e28bb2df
Community Member

hi,

my name is habibullah mehmood qazi which is my legal name but my verified name is habib mahmood and becuase of that it is not verfiying my identity card 

Hi Habibullah,

I can see that one of our team members is already assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e28bb2df
Community Member

kindly guide me how to do I get in touch with support ticket it just says solved further reading it it says that your request for verification is declined please submit documents named after habib mahmood which is not my real name it is my nick name 

my real name is habibullah mehmood qazi I used habib from habibullah and mahmood from my surname but i guess some how they can't find resemblance in the name and i can't add addtional comments on my support ticket because it says solved ut they have just rejected my verification

Habibullah, you can also respond to the email notification sent to the registered email address to open the support ticket. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
769c89e0
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this, just started, but I'm having trouble with the ID verification. I've sent an ID card for verification and even a passport as well. But every time it asked me again and again, not sure what the problem was. Now it says, manual review. So what should I do? Should I wait or should I be worried? If the photos need to be sent here, let me know and I will do it right away. 

Thank you!

Hi Nikoloz,

I can confirm that you were able to submit the required documents. For now, you need to wait; the team's manual review will take 1-3 days to complete. Let us know if you don't see any updates after that time, and we'll gladly follow up.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ea32b16b
Community Member

i have connects but i cant use them. apply job button is not enabled.what is its soulton.

Hi Muhammad Shahzad,

I saw that you've been requested to complete the ID verification process. Please go here and get this started at your earliest convenience. This is a required step so that you can start submitting your proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a9282a2e
Community Member

I also have the same issue, i cant apply since the apply now button is unable to click even though i have enough connects to send proposal

a9282a2e
Community Member

i received about my complain about why i cant apply work even though i have enough connects. upwork told me to update my profile picture to more accurate picture of mine and i already did but still cant apply any work

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33cec2fa
Community Member

I am from Kosovo and i try to verify my id but is not working !

Hi Uthman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
022950a3
Community Member

I  have been trying to verify my ID but it is not recognizing my document and keeps giving error.

Hi Sushant,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
308472a5
Community Member

I can’t confirm my identity. Is there another way?

https://prnt.sc/uwn1P9KYunyd

Hi Sergey,

I see that you've recently resubmitted your documents, which are under manual review. Kindly allow 1-3 for the review to be completed. Please let us know if you don't hear back from the team within that time, and we'll gladly follow up. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mradultiwari
Community Member

Page erroring out after submission of I'd and Selfi. All browser settings are enabled. Wifi is good. See attachment.

Hi Mradul,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4f6399d1
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identify and following the steps but the link keeps on redirecting me to this "scan qr code" page.

I tried to scan the code using my phone multiple times but it is just redirecting me to Upwork login page and then to the same scan qr code on my phone. I also pressed the send text message option multiple times. I received the text message it sends me a URL that prints 

4f6399d1_0-1713300021673.png

I want to start my identity verification process but I can't start as this issue blocks me and requires verifying my mobile device 

4f6399d1_1-1713300051265.png

I followed all the tips and read articles but it's still not working and keeps on redirecting me to the same scan qr code screen

Note: I am already logged in to my upwork account through the app and I am using sign-in-with-google

Were you able to get this resolved? I'm having the same problem, and support was not able to provide me with a solution.

90cd4ca3
Community Member

Hi

I'm Muhammad Baqir

I Do work on autocad all version and make all kind of 2D drawing of mechanical parts and 3D moddling on acad.

but can you follow the most basic of instructions? 

bfeec664
Community Member

1. Hi, I can not Identity verify, I have a problem, I try but text SMS doesn't send on my mobile. I try another way but not useful. Please help me. And that's why I can not connect for proposing all feilds disabled. And I can not continue on this page.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths