🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
97fb55dd
Community Member

New to updwork and have completed identity verification. When clicking submit proposal I'm forwarded to a new page that says "Your phone was successfully verified" with a green check mark. See screenshot.

However it never takes me to the proposal page, and if I click submit proposal again I get stuck in the same spot. 

I've never actually verified my phone number so feel like something is stuck here. 

97fb55dd_0-1662494642606.png

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a2a0a89a
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same issue. What is going on? I'm unable to apply or send proposals. Please help

Mine just started working after a day or so. I think that’s the error message you get when you are new and they are still verifying you. Very confusing.

Thank you for kind information.

Similar; I'm getting this message after I enter my phone # and select "Text," but I never get a text, just this error.

5a628835_0-1708402933279.png

Hi LeeAnn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents who will help you with your issue. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

I'm getting the same error that LeeAnn is so I am unable to apply for anything.

Hello,

I am trying to verify my identity but it keeps stopping at the part where I am asked to take a selfie, I put my face in the oval shape and it says hold still and I do but nothing happens. Then, it says session timed out.

My account will stop working in a few days, can you please help?

Thanks.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dina,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you.

New to Upwork and whenever I apply to a position it sends me to a blank page where it only says that. I have already completed my verification and I'm wondering if there's anything you guys can do to help my out. Thank you.

Hi Braeden,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Upwork Community. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here. once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same exact problem. I can't apply for any jobs and I get this message every time. Very frustrating. Please help.

Hi Nicholas,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey guys,

I'm new to upwork, and have been trying to submit some proposals. However, when I click on 'Apply Now' the window just goes to saying 'your phone was successfully verified. 

It is not taking me any further than this window. Could someone help?

Many thanks

Hi Jerin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am currently experiencing the same problem, can you help me as well?

Hi Burak,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I am having this same exact issue. I am unsure what to do to fix this problem. Can someone please help me?

Hi Sophia,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble submitting proposals. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team here to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue. Can someone please help me? 🙂

Same as Trying to submit proposals but getting 'your phone was successfully verified' message? ...

I'm new to Upwork and keep getting a blank page that contains this message when I apply for a job.

Please could someone support with this?

Thank you!

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Trying to submit proposals but getting 'your phone was successfully verified' message? Hey guys, I'm new to upwork, and have been trying to submit some proposals. However, when I click on 'submit a proposal', the window just goes to saying 'your phone was successfully verified'. It is not taking me any further than this window. Please may someone advise me?

Hi Ubaid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
47a52f58
Community Member

Hi,

I am still waiting for the resolution as no body has reached out to me yet. Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ubaid,

Could you please click on the link Nikola provided you above? You should be able to see our team's message there. You can also find it in the email notification sent to you and reply from there.

~Andrea
Upwork
d0ca55d4
Community Member

Hi, I am currently also experiencing the same issue. Whenever I click to apply for a job it says 'Your phone was successfully verified' and not a link to the job I wish to apply to. Please advise.

Hi Yasmin,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b1ec6e25
Community Member

Hello - I am experienceing the same issue on my end as of 7/10/2023. When I click "Apply Now" I get this screen: 

b1ec6e25_0-1689004223155.png

Could you convert this to a ticket for me as well?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yeah I'm also having the same issue

Hi Edward,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist on this page once you have your account reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

I am experiencing this same exact issue. how do I fix this problem? Can someone please help me?

Hi Mel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
92735ec4
Community Member

I have an Aadhar card which I am entering on your website for verification but verification is not happening. I have another problem: I don't have a name at the end of my name, so my document verification can't be completed. I think I had faced this problem earlier also when I was linking banks, for which I had sent my PAN card to you and got it approved. Please help me, I have become a little fat and with age, beards have appeared on my face.

"I haven't received any messages or help yet." 

support request id - 43815066

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adhiraj, 

We have followed up on your concern with the team reviewing your documents and they have shared more information through this ticket. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
340fc372
Community Member

Hello, I'm a syrian nationality and i have a rising talent badge on my Upwork profile, Since I got my first job, I received a notification to verify id before 02/22/2024, and I was surprised now when I submitted my ID the site says it will take up to 1-3 business days, and I do not know what to do. I hope that you check my ID before BEFORE my profile be on hold because I will lose the RISING TALENT BADGE I need a help Before it becomes 02/22/2024 PLEASE!!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths