🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My profile is set to private
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

312 REPLIES 312

I also want my upwork profile public.

Hi Monjila,

I see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket with the same concern. I can confirm that your request to reset your profile back to public has been completed. You may now try and turn your availability badge on. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
singla_sunil88
Community Member

My upwork account has been private. Kindly make it public.

iammuneebfalak
Community Member

I have tried multiple time but didn't gets the availibilty badge on please fix it.

Hi Muneeb,

Could you please share more information about what happens when you try turning the badge on? If you could share a screenshot of the error, that would also help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1f6a4485
Community Member

Hi,

Please Help me!

My profile is set to Locked Private but I'm currently working on 2 projects. Can anyone help me to make my profile visible? 

I've not got answers from my clients since last night, is this because of a locked private profile or it's general?

Best,

Hiba

singla_sunil88
Community Member

Hi, There! my profile still in locked private. How can I reset it to Public. pls help. Thanks!

Hi Rajat,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c19f2b9f
Community Member

Hello Admin, I've verified my freelance profile but it's still set to private. Please can you help change the setting? Thank you 

Go to Help Center scroll down a bit and click on Reset Profile Visibility

anjali113
Community Member

Hello Team,
 I have been informed that my profile is been locked to private? Please make it back to public, I am already working hard to get a contract and really want to continue working on upwork. Please solve this issue ASAP!! 
Regards

Hi Anjali,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks a lot

515201fe
Community Member

Hi, my profile is also set to Locked Private, I tried all solutions but none worked, could I get help from support to update my profile to Public manually? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jasmin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
seancurranhardy
Community Member

I am not sure what happened. I know that there was a time when I was not as active on Upwork, as I am again now. It looks like my profile is not visible to others. And when I recieve that message displayed by Upwork - I am advised to go to my user settings to switch my profile to public. Unfortunately, there is no longer a way for me to do this on my own, and I need admin / moderator support to complete the requested action make my profile visible at Upwork.  I am back on this site, and I am actively seeking projects, jobs, and I am submitting proposals within my token limits - but it is very hard to get the job, when I am invisible. 

Hi Sean, 

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble with this. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a387b63e
Community Member

Hey Luiggi,

May you please take a look at my thread I have posted a few hours ago here in community? Having an issue with my account and the chatbot won't lead me to where I can submit a ticket regarding it. All the chatbot has done is direct me to post here or search the Academy page, which is good for answering questions, but I have an account error that needs human intervention to resolve, not a question.

Thanks for your time if you end up taking a look! Would like to have this resolved much sooner than later. I'm sure it will be a quick fix once I'm in contact with a live support agent.

e28ff022
Community Member

I have the same problem as Michael B.  When I attempt to change status, an error message is shown and it tells me to contact support, but the chat bot doesn't ever register a support ticket.

After a few hours of inputting different variations of "Direct me to where I can contact a live agent," it finally spat this email address out at me: communitycareer@upwork.com

I'm very unsure if contacting that address will lead anywhere, as I haven't tried myself yet, but I thought it would be worth it to share this here since you are also struggling with the ChatBot support system!

Hi Michael,

We'd be happy to assist you. Please share more information about the issue you're having so we can check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a387b63e
Community Member

Thanks you Joanne!

The issue I'm having involves the "Profile Completion" percentage bar. I have been over 100% completion for multiple months now, but my profile seemingly is bugged and won't be considered complete. I see the prompt to do so everytime I'm on the site, with the bar saying 100%, no matter the device or browser. I have added more information in hopes it would finally "complete," but it never did despite being over 100% at that point. I have no more information to add, and those who I've spoke to about this said it should have updated not long after hitting 100%. If you could please assist me with this it would be much appreciated!

c0db709f
Community Member

how do I public my profile? thank you

Hi Ma Josefina,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to Public. If your profile has been set to private due to a lack of earnings, there are several simple ways to reset it to public. To learn more, log into your Upwork account, and you’ll see a pop-up notification with your options. We also send all affected freelancers an email notification, which you can refer to for your choices. Finally, you will also see your options by clicking on the “Find Work” tab and clicking on your “Visibility” status under the “My Profile” overview on the right side of the page.

- Pradeep
Upwork
dimasolodovnik
Community Member

Hi, my profile is locked private. Can't change it through recommended button as it circle back and nothing happened even after  clicking on it couple times and waiting a few days.

Would like to ask Upwork Team about changing my profile visibility to public, please.

Hi Dmitri,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep - it's fixed. Thank you!

7d2cd031
Community Member

Hellow Friend please do this then your problem will solve, Click on your name.
You will go to your profile.In the right side clic on "Profile settings".
Now you can see My profile and the visibility option.

7d2cd031
Community Member

please dont hold your account up to 90 days

webcroex
Community Member

Hello. I tried to reset visibility of my profile by clicking on the button in the help article, but it didn't work. Could you please set my profile visibility ro public?

0493ca78
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I'm requesting to switch my private Upwork profile to public for better visibility. My Upwork Username: Olarinde David.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Olarinde,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3d27e226
Community Member

Hello there! Can someone please help me to turn my profile into public? I wanted to use my UW account again to look for more clients, so it would be a big help. Thanks in advance!

Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
210f4b1e
Community Member

My account is private please suggest any solution

Hi Nadeem,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
721a4ff5
Community Member

Hello! My profile is private please make it public. 

Thanks

3502aacb
Community Member

hello Upwork Community,
my profile is set to private and i couldn't able to change it's status,so kindly Help me in this regards 

Hi Kashaf,

Your profile is already set to public when we checked. You can also log into your account to confirm.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bc72bad7
Community Member

My profile was set to private and have tried all my possible best to set it back to public buy it not working 

Please can any help me with this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths