🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Locked Private Profile
Page options
a8042492
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi Team,

Please help me. My profile has been locked and private and dont know how and now i cant make it public.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

212 REPLIES 212
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~ Nikola
Upwork
573e0775
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Basharat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated to public. If you need to adjust it again in the future, you can check out this helpful article for guidance.

~Ronna
efd702d6
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, my account shows a private profile and I cannot see any option to make it public again.
Perhaps I at least open my profile 2-3 times a week and I submitted 2 proposals in the last 4 days but they still locked my profile, I don't know why.

Hello Ahmad Sheraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance

~Ivy
Upwork
clemmie
Community Member

Hello! Please kindly set my profile to public, since it has been private and I need to be searchable for clients. Thanks in advance

Hi Klym,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
selhot
Community Member

Dear RonnaP, could you please help with the visibility of my profile, I want to change it from private to public, thanks in advance!

Hi Mykyta, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked, and it looks like you are an exclusive member of an agency. If you want to change visibly, you need to reach out to your agency owner. You may share this help article with them for reference. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
24eef93b
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

My Upwork profile is locked private. How do I make it public? Urgent.

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems that you are an exclusive agency member and that your agency has set your profile visibility to private. I recommend reaching out to your agency owner or administrator, as they can reset your profile visibility to “Public.” You may also share this helpful link for more details about managing the Agency Roster and Visibility.

~Ivy
Upwork
153b3ebf
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Shahzia,

I see that your profile visibility is already changed to Public. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this message.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2edaa0d8
Community Member

Hi Nikola. I'm unable to log in to my account. Due to some technical issues, I'm unable to open my profile.

Hi Mehak,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble logging into your Upwork account. Could you please tell us more about the error you get while trying to access your account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Khalid,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
887a0d53
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, my account shows a private profile and I cannot see any option to make it public again. If I make the change from one option showing me the issue. The issue is attached. Perhaps I at least opened my profile and I submitted 2 proposals today but they still locked my profile, I don't know why.

Hi Adnan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now updated as per your request. Additionally, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Your profile photo should be a clear, headshot-style photo of you which is cropped from the top of your head, and just below your shoulders, and -

• you are not wearing sunglasses in the photo;
  • it is not a logo or clip-art;
  • it is not a group photo; 
  • the photo was not digitally-altered 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9c980c0c
Community Member

Hi Nikola.

I have been loggin in and out of my Upwork profile and it still visible as private.

I been reading and looking for ways to change it but it has been imposible.

Is there somewhere a direct email or contact information that I could use to please ask upwork to change my profile to public?

Thanks.

Hi Jesus,

I can confirm that your profile visibility is set to public and it's visible. Here's how I can see it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey, same issue, kindly unlock my profil

Kindly unlock my profile

9c970171
Community Member

Hi, I cannot switch back to a Public profile. An Error appears:

"There was an error loading this page: error [8b2741ddd82b0c73-SOF, 8b2741ddd82b0c73-SOF]. Please contact customer support for assistance: support.upwork.com"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths