🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Preeti,

I suggest you read this page and try the link "Reset My Profile Visibility" on the page.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967

cf6b71a2
Community Member

• My profile is locked private and I have made a request to be public but nothing happened.

Hi Dorina, 

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f5ba215c
Community Member

Hi there,
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks

Hi Towoju,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page. You may also want to check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
025b07ab
Community Member

My profile got set to private and i am unable to undo it. I am continuously sending proposals and active in this plateform , unable to understand why they removed availabaility bage from my profile.  If anyone know how to resolve this issue please guide me. Thanks 

Hi Iqra,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You may want to check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5262c2c9
Community Member

I'm new, need to make profile public visible, currently private.

There was an error loading this page: error [76b882b93d9476bf-LHR, 76b882b93d9476bf-LHR]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Hi Umer,

I checked and it looks like your profile is currently public! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

~Andrea
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile visibility has became private how to make it public 

Contact with support and you can on visibility by connects 

Hi Saima,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
d69718e7
Community Member

d69718e7_1-1668707377588.png

Hi Md,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
webismail
Community Member

I bought 20 connections but my account is still private. How could I solve it?

Hi MD,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
2545fb11
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I created my upwork account some time ago. I applied to some projects, then I got busy with someting important and then got sick. Recently I back on upwork again. Started to submit proposals but unfortunately my account became private due to no earning. What should I do?

You could pay Upwork's subscription or just find a job!

Hi Md Arif,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much

lieultb
Community Member

Hi Support Team,

I am unactive on Upwwork for a long time. I am back now for finding job. Could you please to reset my profile visibility.

Thanks,

Lieu Le

Hi Lieu,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your profile visibilty is already set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
haseebmansoor
Community Member

I didn't work on Upwork for over 4-5 years so my profile visibility set to private.

Recently i am back and just started new job last week and have already earnings for last week in my profile, but still i cant set my profile to public as it states to set your profile to public "Apply jobs and start earnings"

Please help me to change visibility of my profile.

Hi Haseeb,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lieultb
Community Member

Thank you so much!

d99057d6
Community Member

Hello there,

I hope you are doing very well. Could you please go through my profile. It is private. please public my profile.

Thanks

Hi Sania,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cybercom
Community Member

Hello,

Not able to change the profile visibility from Private to Public, Please help me to change it. 

Currently, it shows Locked & Private with no option to change.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Anup,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3abba6fc
Community Member

I see my account is private from last few days. And i want to start work on my upwork account. Please help me to public my account. I will be really grateful.

Thanks

Hi Mohmudul Hassan,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public status. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5019ff92
Community Member

Hello. My profile is in private and I cannot change it to public. Can you help me with this, please? Thank you.

Hi Khaled,

~ AJ
Upwork
8d039f3e
Community Member

Hi, As a newbie on Upwork and a one that belongs to Pakistan where Paypal is not available, i need to ask that my profile is appearing as private although earlier it was public. I believe its because of insufficient Connects( I am not sure-- need confirmation from an expert). Since i do not have enough connects . i guess my profile is showing "unavailability" and its gone " private". Although I have a master debit card but when i fill the form regarding my card, there is some error that says your bank has restricted access. I am not sure why( need to ask the bank) but can anyone confirm that my profile is showing me as " private" and "unavailable" because of insufficient connects? Can anyone confirm this presumption?

Hi Affaf,

Please know that your profile can be changed from public to private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more 
  • You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days 

I've reset your profile visibility so it should now be public. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
efc72094
Community Member

Hello. My profile is in private and I cannot change it to public. Can you help me with this, please? Thank you.

Hi Developer R,

Thank you for your message. Your Upwork profile name must be real and easily verifiable. Please update your profile name before we change your profile visibility.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H,

I have already updated my profile name as you said. Could you help me now to make my profile public? Thank you.

Hi Rejaul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
reema-techscape
Community Member

Hello, i hope you are doing very well. I have issue regardig my profile. my profile is private, please public my account. 

Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths