🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5278a1e7
Community Member

5278a1e7_0-1671984466586.png

Hi all,

after trying I still don't know how to change it ;<

Hi Michal,

Your profile visibility has been set back to Public Status as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
gloria64
Community Member

I have sent messages and my visibility is yet to be public. What next should I do?

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your profile visibility is already updated to Public. 

Please clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to check if it shows on your end after this.

~ Nikola
Upwork
gloria64
Community Member

24-48 hours (depend upon network propagation time).

Thanks

upworkme2016
Community Member

Has anyone had sucess changing their profile back to public

I have tried several times and customer service is non existent

the article are poorly written

Can someone advise what I should do or if there is a better platform out there?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2146a3be
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

I am writing to request that my profile be made public from private. I have been a member of Upwork for a while, but have not been actively seeking work until now. I am now ready to start taking on new clients and projects and would like to make my profile visible to potential client

I have updated my profile and portfolio to reflect my current skills and experience, and I am confident that I can provide high-quality work to my clients. I am excited to start working on new projects and would appreciate your help in making my profile public so that I can start finding opportunitie

Thank you for your assistanc

Sincerel

Piyar Ali

Hi  Piyar,

We're so excited to have you back! Your profile visibility has been reset back to Public Status as requested. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
kulprincex
Community Member

Pls help, I can't turn my availability badge on. It's set to private. I also have connects so I want it turned on. Thanks

Hi Gift,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I've been able to turn it on now. Thank you for the Swift response.

b65162b6
Community Member

Turn on the availability badge

You had no profile views in the last 7 days. It is up to you when and whether to use the availability badge, but freelancers with significant profile views seem to get the best use out of this feature.

When I want to activate my available badge, this text appears. Please anyone clarify the available new badge?

Hi Aubhijit,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public, please try again.

~Andrea
Upwork
4593acb9
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Please can my issue of private visibility be resolved. I have complained over three week now and still I am unable to switch. Please assist resolve. Thank you

Hi Amarachi,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
linux_sysadmin
Community Member

My Profile is locked/private. I have clicked that profile visibility request link months ago. No one responds. What's going on?

Hi Hayden,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
blair-pomahac
Community Member

I'm new to Upworks and I've bid on a few jobs but have not been successful as of yet.

I just got this email today:

"We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately.

To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs. Your profile will not be seen by clients unless you submit proposals for their jobs.

It will automatically become public again when you resume earning through Upwork."

Well how can I resume earnng through upworks if I havent landed a job yet?
My last proposal was 3 days ago...I am available.

Is this just a money grabber?

No money involved...you can request to have your profile re-set to public. It probably doesn't matter at this stage, though, since clients can still see your profile if you send a proposal and it's unusual to get good invitations when you're new.

As far as the "resume" language...it's just a form letter.

ETA: Here's the link to request that it be made public again... https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967?request=t_private_profile

No, there is no money involved. Upwork routinely removes inactive freelancers from the rotation in search engines. You need to submit proposals and try to get jobs to considered active. Send more proposals, making sure they are targeted to your skills. If you have the skills, you will find jobs if you persevere. However, it will likely take a lot of connects and proposals to be active with a JSS. Nevertheless, we all started with no JSS, no money, and no jobs.

Hi Blair,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths