🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

312 REPLIES 312
icyhell
Community Member

Hi!
Have 'Locked Private' again, can you please set to public? I asked about 1-2 months ago for same reason and have it again. Why it happened at short time? Thank you.

Hi Vitalii,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to Public. If your profile has been set to private due to a lack of earnings, there are several simple ways to reset it to public. To learn more, log into your Upwork account, and you’ll see a pop-up notification with your options. We also send all affected freelancers an email notification, which you can refer to for your choices. Finally, you will also see your options by clicking on the “Find Work” tab and clicking on your “Visibility” status under the “My Profile” overview on the right side of the page.

- Pradeep
Upwork
zaheer59
Community Member

But this thing not workinG on my side now What i will Do? Please help I also Contact with customer suppert 3 time but issue Not still not ressolve

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
517bc8f9
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Khalid,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
10930c78
Community Member

Hi please set my profile visibility to "Public" since I couldn't do it through ana utomatical button.
Thanks!

e28ff022
Community Member

Hello, when I try to change my profile from private to either public or Upwork users, I get the following error:

There was an error loading this page: error [8766581db9bf7301-DFW, 8766581db9bf7301-DFW]. Please contact customer support for assistance: support

I have tried using the chat to log a support request but it goes into a maze of circular logic without actually generating the ticket.  Can you help get this reset?  I hate the thought of paying for the subscription, but not actually getting the benefits I paid for.

75bcbefc
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have some problems with my profile visibility. I already requested a reset to my profile to make it public and It's been 24 hours now and still not yet resolved. Please get back to me. Thank you! 

Harvey

Hi Harvey Chris,

I checked and can confirm that your profile visibility has been reset to public already. You can log into your account and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
80e72966
Community Member

I request profile visibility reset and still locked!!Screenshot (5).png

Hi Taha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cromius
Community Member

Kindly change my profile to public. I have been trying unsuccessfully to change the profile from locked private to public, to no avail.

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility is changed to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
lunanoir
Community Member

I would also like my profile to be set to available?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eab8d014
Community Member

I'm a new user I need some connect to do my work please help me 

Hi Anjana,

We checked your account and can confirm that it is already set to public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3982f49d
Community Member

Hello, please my account also got changed to private can you help me out?

Hi Samuel, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now updated as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, 
My upwork account has been private. Kindly make it public.

7a023a3f
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to get help from upwork for several days, my profile was automatically set to locked private, but i need it as public please help me 

7a023a3f
Community Member

please can you cange my profile visibility from private to public, I have repeatedly message anyone I can find and can't seem to find any help or even a response

Hi Solomon,

I've changed your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e2a56889
Community Member

My profile is set automatically to Locked private

Please kindly help me to set it back to public, thank you. 

Hi Ajeigbe,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello! I need help setting my profile to public, please. It has been locked to private.

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
517bc8f9
Community Member

My profile is set to  Locked Private. Could you please set it to public. 
Thanks

573e0775
Community Member

Hi, 
My upwork account has been private. Kindly make it public.

Hi Khalid and Basharat,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, My profile is also set to private mode, kindly change it too.

Hi Rida,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
filvt
Community Member

Hello,

Please assist on updating my profil into public or avaiable now. Thank you.

tinie12
Community Member

Hi, my account is Locked Private. Can you help me make it public? Thank you.

32e62ea4
Community Member

I don't know what happen my profile set as private i already done one job and have verify account kindly set this public

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that if you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When this happens, your profile is not shown in freelancer search results, but clients can still see your profile when you submit proposals. 

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. For future reference, you can request that your profile visibility be reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fac70a29
Community Member

My name is numad ali.my profile is sett to be private .kindly turn it back to public from private .I've also done my last job last month

Hi Numad,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
elena_udalova
Community Member

Hello, my account has been kept private, please help me to make it public. Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths